• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masquerade (1014)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON TEN
    MASQUERADE
    EPISODE NUMBER-1014

While on a date Oliver and Chloe run afoul of Desaad, a man infecting people with the Darkness by appealing to their sins. After an increasing number of close calls around the world, Lois suggests that Clark find a new disguise.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 06 May 2011, 01:56 PM.

I loved this episode. Especially Ollie going ninja-boy climbing up that building, and Clark WEARING THE GLASSES! The earlier scene of him with the hood was funny. He looked a little too much like Green Arrow.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

lol, I know. Lois tried to get him to be like Green Arrow, I thought it was kinda funny. But I'm still curious how they're going to resolve Clark's coming out. I mean seriously, with all the technology they showed on this show, I really don't see how Clark can show his face. But good episode.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
        lol, I know. Lois tried to get him to be like Green Arrow, I thought it was kinda funny. But I'm still curious how they're going to resolve Clark's coming out. I mean seriously, with all the technology they showed on this show, I really don't see how Clark can show his face. But good episode.
        Agreed. With today's technology of face recognition software and the like there is no way he could show his face and hope to stay anonymous. Don't think glasses are gonna hide him. Thankfully he lives in a fictitious world that can bypass reality.

This was a good ep though.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Yeah, pretty good ep. I liked the 'temptations of Chloe' scene, particularly Pride.
          Also, "tiny Martha". LOL
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Ollies' lost to us!

If I were in Chloe's place I'd be developing a complex about losing my significant others.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
              Ollies' lost to us!

If I were in Chloe's place I'd be developing a complex about losing my significant others.
              Maybe not for good. We will have to wait and see.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                I loved this episode. Especially Ollie going ninja-boy climbing up that building, and Clark WEARING THE GLASSES! The earlier scene of him with the hood was funny. He looked a little too much like Green Arrow.
                I thought he looked more like Impulse/Flash. It didn't much sense that Clark would have trouble with the hood or glasses, when Impulse (his Smallville name) doesn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqPxrYpPEco

I was really disappointed that Clark just shrugged off his identity as Clark as being the mask. This to me was all wrong. I know that there is often a debate on Clark vs Superman: The Real Secret Identity. In the Superman movies, Clark Kent was the secret identity. In Lois and Clark, Superman was the secret identity. Smallville to me was straight forward, Blur/Superman is/will be the secret identity. It was Clark who was going out from episode 1 to save people, it was Clark who was raised to believe in truth, justice, honour and all that stuff, it was Clark who Lois fell in love with (and vice versa) and it was people's relationship with Clark that helped define who they became (like Ollie, Lex, Lionel, Tess, Lios, Chloe and the other League members) and in the end he started wearing a Blur costume to make sure people never learnt about Clark.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  I was really disappointed that Clark just shrugged off his identity as Clark as being the mask. This to me was all wrong. I know that there is often a debate on Clark vs Superman: The Real Secret Identity. In the Superman movies, Clark Kent was the secret identity. In Lois and Clark, Superman was the secret identity. Smallville to me was straight forward, Blur/Superman is/will be the secret identity. It was Clark who was going out from episode 1 to save people, it was Clark who was raised to believe in truth, justice, honour and all that stuff, it was Clark who Lois fell in love with (and vice versa) and it was people's relationship with Clark that helped define who they became (like Ollie, Lex, Lionel, Tess, Lios, Chloe and the other League members) and in the end he started wearing a Blur costume to make sure people never learnt about Clark.
                  That was the one major thing I didn't like about the episode so I certainly agree with what you've said. The show has always been about Clark. That's who he is in the world of Smallville. I felt this was forced into the ep in order to more align it with the comics. I don't read the comics and don't care about the comics.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

lol, Clark looks goofy. I find it hard to believe that Clark isn't so imposing with his size and posture. That little scene where he runs into that secretary Lois has. lol

Yeah, Clark is Superman, not Superman is Clark. This might seem like a stupid question but what happened to that Martian superhero guy? Did he leave or is he still around? I forget.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                      lol, Clark looks goofy. I find it hard to believe that Clark isn't so imposing with his size and posture. That little scene where he runs into that secretary Lois has. lol

Yeah, Clark is Superman, not Superman is Clark. This might seem like a stupid question but what happened to that Martian superhero guy? Did he leave or is he still around? I forget.
                      He's still around as far as I remember, he just hasn't been in the show.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I loved the episode, except for Clark saying the Blur who he always was. That is not true IMO. Clark Kent is who Superman really is, not the other war around. Superman is the disguise. (For example Batman IMO is the opposite of Superman, Batman is the real person and Bruce Wayne is the disguise )

Comment

That stuff doesn't bother me because I've always thought of Superman as Kal El first and Clark second. The end-game for Smallville has always been to have him become the Superman that everybody is familiar with and that is Superman as the public face and Clark Kent in disguise.

They've been dealing with the idea of identities for a while now for this reason. It's for him to realize that he's more than just a reporter that was raised on a farm and that the name Clark Kent is just a name (and an adopted name at that)

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            That stuff doesn't bother me because I've always thought of Superman as Kal El first and Clark second. The end-game for Smallville has always been to have him become the Superman that everybody is familiar with and that is Superman as the public face and Clark Kent in disguise.
                            While the endgame has always been getting him into the suit, season after season has shown that Clark Kent is already Superman, the only difference is the suit. I think for the most part, the episode did get it right with the speech.

"When I am out there in the red and blue saving people, that's the man I am" but that's the person his parents raised. It wasn't Superman they raised, or Kal El, or even the Blur, they raised Clark Kent. They helped Clark Kent realise who he is, and his potential and also taught Clark Kent between right and wrong and raised him into the person he is. Clark never needed a disguise because it was Clark Kent saving those people.

"This is the face of the man my parents raised, this is the face of the man you fell in love with", once again, that was Clark. His parents raised Clark (like I said), as Jonathan and Martha Kent raised Clark Kent, Lionel raised Ultraman, just like Jor-El would have raised Kal-El. Even while Lois was infatuated with the Blur, it was Clark she fell in love with. It makes perfect sense to me that Clark, after saving all those people during his time in Smallville and Metropolis wouldn't want to wear a mask as the Blur (eventually Superman) but that doesn't make him the Blur more than Clark Kent.

The problem is, that Smallville Clark is turning the person he is into a disguise, not with the glasses but how he acts and carries himself. That to me is wrong, they should have done it the Lois and Clark route with lines like "Clark Kent is who I am, Superman is what I can do" and having him act as himself when as Clark, but putting on a bit of act when as Superman.

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            (For example Batman IMO is the opposite of Superman, Batman is the real person and Bruce Wayne is the disguise )
                            I think the same thing, which just goes to show how ****ed up Batman's life really is.

sigpic

Comment

The one thing I can think of that would make sense Smallville style is if they have Zatanna put some kind of spell on those glasses & when Clark puts them on no one recognizes him besides the obvious select few

Comment

Working...
                              X