X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
    you think he's in hell?
    they have mentioned him?
    I forget which episode it was, but when Dean was trying to figure out how to get Sam's soul out, he mentioned something about getting Adam out too. I think it might have been to Crowley. He said he couldn't get both of them out. Of course Dean choose Sam. I think that's the last we heard of Adam.
    sigpic

Comment

I guess it was Death in "Appointment in Samarra"
      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
        I thought it was to show us how Sam was still a capable hunter but unlike Robo!Sam was remorseful and doubted himself until they discovered the worm in his head.

Did he kill Samuel to hide something? I hadn't thought of that! Maybe...you never know!
        I'm only guessing that since (infected)Samuel was telling Sam right before he capped him that he knew all kinds of stuff that went on before he got his soul back. Maybe Sam killed him to protect himself because A) he didn't want to hear what went on or B) he already remembers what went on when he was RoboSam (and possibly didn't want Dean to know).
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
          I forget which episode it was, but when Dean was trying to figure out how to get Sam's soul out, he mentioned something about getting Adam out too. I think it might have been to Crowley. He said he couldn't get both of them out. Of course Dean choose Sam. I think that's the last we heard of Adam.
          oh i totaly blanked on that adam... before i thought starg8fans was talking about 'adam and eve' adam... you know if she's still prancing around maybe he isn't far behind... though i may be wrong, i don't know much about bible and the events in that story
          ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
            I hope not...Adam was/is a good character IMHO
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              I hope not...Adam was/is a good character IMHO
              It was death who gave Dean the option to choose between Sam or Adam.

Comment

So I watched this episode and I was sitting on the edge of my sofa because I wanted to know whats happening there and when I was finished I thought "Wow, what an episode".
                But the I started thinking. And stuff started to bug me, so I re-watched it and in the end my feelings about this episode are pretty mixed. Really pretty mixed (and reading Mo Ryans recap didn't help to rule out my uneasiness about this one).

First of all there are plotholes the size of Belgium.
                One is the electricity issue. How convenient was it that Bobbys bone saw had insulation from hell, and that Samuel just fell into the open wiring, so they could find out that the worm was allergic to electricity. This was so constructed And aren't fuses obligatory in the USA? Shouldn't they react to a short?
                Then it made no sense how they got the worm out. It wasn't visible if Sam had one or two wires in his hand, but if it was one wire, then the electricity would travel through the whole body and leave burns everywhere, especially where it enters and leaves the body. This is nothing you get rid of with an "SoB". In case Sam had two wires, i.e. the current has just to get from one wire to the other one, the burn would be more realistic, but that shouldn't have any effect on the worm which residues in another part of the body.
                Just one idea: Tazers would have come in handy with this one. "We don't want to shoot ourselfs, get rid of the guns and let us use tazers instead" "Oh, look, the worm leaves Samuel after we hit him with 10.000 Volts".

(I hope I got the technical terms right) But I won't complain to much over this because they really don't need to show a realistic electrocution in TV.

But I didn't get the worm. Mother creates it by whispering into the truck drivers ear. The thing leaves his ear in the factory and the truck driver doesn't remember anything. But Dean does remember talking to Gwen. That thing must have hit him right during the conversation! So it's fast and clever and everything. Sadly this doesn't fit to the fugly thing we saw later. That was some slow, big worm crawling out of Bobbys ear. I am pretty sure that I would notice it when a thing like that would jump the person I am talking to.

It's not that the idea of an mind-alternating brain worm would be especially new (now that we are in a Stargate forum...) but the ear also doesn't work this way. Eardrums are there for a reason, and boy are those sensitive.

Other things that bothered me was the death of three recurring persons in one episode.

We might had only four episodes with Rufus, but he was great sidekick to any of the guys and his story wasn't told. Why did they have to kill him off? He wasn't disturbing anyone and his death didn't really help to move the story along. Samuels death was to be expected, but I still have the feeling that there was more with him than just being pulled down to help Crowley.

And then there is Gwen. Another female hunter who kicked the bucket too soon. I really started to like here, I'd love to see her on a case with the boys, but nooooo, she has to die. Great. People don't necessarily need to die just because they got shot.

Sorry, I don't want sound to negative here. There were of course a lot of elements in the episode I liked a lot, especially the interaction between Sam, Dean, Bobby and Rufus and I also liked the clean slate in the end, because this gives Sam and Dean an new ground to grow together again, but in the end my ambiguous feeling tends to be rather disappointed.
                The cake is a lie!

Comment

I'm with ya on the whole electricity thing. Maybe it's because I actually know something about what electricity will do to a body (and the cranial skull for that matter), but it was too scientifically bad for me to completely wrap my head around. And I'm not usually too picky about that. I mean, I watch Stargate and Eureka.

And as for the fuse, that factory would definitely be shut down. If it had been abandoned, I could definitely see the outlet shorting out like that. But oh well. It looked kinda cool at least.

Along the lines of the small inconsistencies with Dean, Gwen, and the worm, I also started to think about how Bobby passed the goo test before they started shocking themselves. Not sure I followed that.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the only person who wasn't in quite so much danger of electrocution was Dean. Quite a few people have shocks like that every day and survive. When Sam shocked himself..he was holding the wire in one hand and touched him arm with the other...surely creating a circuit across his chest and therefore his heart! Not a good idea.I think we have to assume that Rufus and Bobby were tough old hunters and could put up with the shock...assuming the current didn't pass through their chest and give them a heart attack!
                    If they'd been wet and in their bare feet it would have a different story!
                    Also their boots would have given them some resistance and protection.

Yep I think the Cannery was in dire need of a Health and Safety inspection.

I did have to smile at Bobby's horrible wiring on the saw though...there really are people who have tools like that! especially old timers who live on a low budget and understand the risks.

As for the worm *shudders* I thought they only had goo showing when the worm left the body. So Bobby wouldn't have had any showing because it was still hiding.

And I agree about how so many shows have a worm getting into the brain via the ear...and the only way in is via the eardrum. It could happen ( assuming it was controling the pain etc. when it was in place) but you'd certainly know about it when it left! Ouch!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X