Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts on the final fate of William Adama.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts on the final fate of William Adama.

So obviously the Raptor that Adama and Roslin fly in was never found by any archaeologists. . . . I like to think that old William Adama built that cabin out of respect for Roslin. He spent at the most 20 years living in it, before he piloted that Raptor directly into the sun.

Well, it is one bigggg planet we are on. Take a rock, throw it over your shoulder and dig a hole where it lands. What did you find ? Dirt. I dont think we even know (do we ?) if the area
    where it finally landed upon is even above sea level now. But yes that is one way of getting rid of the evidence, hmmm into the sun, I never thought about him yelling banzai or frakkkk as he heads into the sun.
    Would'nt it rust/deteriorate to the point that the very small pieces would blown about and get buried also ? Speaking of which I never, never saw that ending coming. Chariots of the Gods was not even on my mind at anytime during the series.

Comment

i think the only thing we would find is some odd minerals in a random location somewhere on the globe.

Comment

alternate ending was about group of archeologists finding a Raptor. TPTB chose not to go that way
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          alternate ending was about group of archeologists finding a Raptor. TPTB chose not to go that way
          I would have liked that though!
          sigpic

Comment

I don't like to think of Adama's ending. It makes me sad.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't like the idea that Adama would just leave and never see Lee again. Especially when you consider how close they got towards the end. I understand he was sad, the ship he loved was beat to hell and back and than flown into the sun, the woman he loved dying, but you'd think he'd want to be around the only person he had left.

As for the Raptor, the ship was ment to take a beating in space. Depending on its location in Africa, i think it would still be recognisable as a ship after 150,000 years.

Comment

well i do think that the ending of BSG wasn't the perfect one. i would've preferred if we just found a new world -without already existing humans- and just built a city and we create a new Colonial civilisation, especially since this civilisation has the knowledge of past mistakes

Comment

Having the show end on some meaningless planet wouldn't have been as dramatic.

Comment

but also less of a Deus ex Machina

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      well i do think that the ending of BSG wasn't the perfect one. i would've preferred if we just found a new world -without already existing humans- and just built a city and we create a new Colonial civilisation, especially since this civilisation has the knowledge of past mistakes
                      Knowledge of past mistakes wouldn't have made any difference. Since the start we were told "all this has happened before, and it will happen again." The show was always going to end with the beginning of a new cycle.

Comment

actually that's kinda how you DO solve past problems. the problem was making Cylons. if they wouldn't make cylons, the cycle would break. especially if everyone would teach their kids that if you design a robot it'll turn on you

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          actually that's kinda how you DO solve past problems. the problem was making Cylons. if they wouldn't make cylons, the cycle would break. especially if everyone would teach their kids that if you design a robot it'll turn on you
                          I think you misunderstood me, I'm not talking about realistic cultural problem solving.

What I said was that from the beginning we were told over and over again "All this has happened before, and it will happen again"
                          No matter where the fleet ended up at the end, be it on New Earth or settling some random planet. The narrative of the show was always going to end with the start of a new cycle.

Comment

yet the Angels say the cycle is broken?

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              I don't like to think of Adama's ending. It makes me sad.
                              true, I like to think it was in the most honourable and respected way.

perhaps commanding the camp and the natives battle with dinosaurs and victoriously retaring together with his son and grandchildren

Or perhaps his ship jumps (maybe some preset failsafe command that unites the fleet) somewhere to bring him to another battlestar fleet, which he is now commanding to finish off those toasters once and for all and rebuild the colonies

Comment

Working...
                              X