Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts on the final fate of William Adama.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    yet the Angels say the cycle is broken?
    The angels aren't all knowing.

The montage at the end showcasing modern-humanity's latest efforts in the field of robotics and AI coupled with the soundtrack of "All along the watch tower" is clearly an indication of the beginning of a new cycle.

Comment

The montage at the end showcasing modern-humanity's latest efforts in the field of robotics and AI coupled with the soundtrack of "All along the watch tower" is clearly an indication of the beginning of a new cycle.
      it depends. it might be that, possibly due to the humongous amounts of movies, TV series and books about robots going evil and killing us, humanity will be cautious, hence the breaking of the cycle. the one thing we shouldn't do is make them sentient

Comment

it depends. it might be that, possibly due to the humongous amounts of movies, TV series and books about robots going evil and killing us, humanity will be cautious, hence the breaking of the cycle. the one thing we shouldn't do is make them sentient
        We can't speculate as to what fictional stories of sentient machines exist within the BSG "Earth" universe.

Remember the season 4 episode "Revelations"? The last 15 minutes consist of a scene where Adama announces to the fleet that they have finally reached Earth, and we see a montage of the entire fleet celebrating the happy news. Only to have the very next scene be a a wide shot of the main cast looking incredibly depressed as they realize that Earth is a wasteland. That scene is essentially what "Daybreak part 3" is.
        We see 45 minutes of the main cast all celebrating the new settlement and finally having peace, only to have the last 5 minutes reveal that all they managed to do was postpone the cycle by 150,000 years.

Make no mistake, the ending is the beginning of the next cycle.

Comment

Make no mistake, the ending is the beginning of the next cycle.
          i think it's open to interpretation. kinda like the writers way of saying "look what happened then, don't make the mistake again"

Comment

In any case, the ending is interesting, however you decide to look on it. Of course all that stuff about the colonials/cylons interbreeding with the natives and teaching them to talk is bunkum, Homo sapiens had the same senses and basic abilities we do when the species first appeared on this planet. All we have that they didn't is immeasurably more advanced technology.
            sigpic

Comment

Another theory put forward by Olmos himself is that Gaff in Bladerunner was a distant relative of Adama...

All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Robot Nightmare View Post
                Another theory put forward by Olmos himself is that Gaff in Bladerunner was a distant relative of Adama...
                Going with that speculation, if the world doesn't produce replicants and colonize other parts of the solar system by 2019, then the Battlestar story doesn't take place in "our" timeline...
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

but also less of a Deus ex Machina
                  How so?

In what way was there a deus ex machina?
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    How so?

In what way was there a deus ex machina?
                    When everything is solved by God did it.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      When everything is solved by God did it.
                      Oh that...... Yes that got annoying
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

i think the only thing we would find is some odd minerals in a random location somewhere on the globe.
                        thats how i choose to look @ it
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

[QUOTE=Tiptronic;12361453]perhaps commanding the camp and the natives battle with dinosaurs and victoriously retaring together with his son and grandchildren

don't think they had dinsoaurs in that Earth era
                          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Yes, dinosaurs were long gone then. I am not an expect in the area but i believe it was c 160 million years ago they suffered a mass extinction.

Comment

Oh man that was a sad ending for a show. I think when he got to the point where he knew he was dying, he probably finally flew the ship off so it would not be found. Maybe he went to the moon, so he could look upon the earth in his final moments.

I really wish we could have gotten a movie about the first years after they landed, how all of the colonies settled, and how they influenced early mankind. You know that somewhere, they had to mingle with the natives already here.
                              sigpic

Comment

We see 45 minutes of the main cast all celebrating the new settlement and finally having peace, only to have the last 5 minutes reveal that all they managed to do was postpone the cycle by 150,000 years.
                                Actually, they only postponed it for only about 80,000 years. Humanity was almost wiped out by a super volcano 70,000 years ago.

Yes, dinosaurs were long gone then. I am not an expect in the area but i believe it was c 160 million years ago they suffered a mass extinction.
                                Actually, it's 65 million years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X