Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win Gold Tickets to Creation Vancouver (April 14-17)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm confused. The post says head over to the contest thread but people are posting their answers here. Is there a contest thread? Where? Or do I post my answer here?

On the assumption that this is the contest thread:

Stargate is important for me because it has given me the opportunity to make many new friends through Gateworld and conventions.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because other than being a great show with engaging characters, it is also a way for my family to get together and bond. My siblings and I have a lot in common, but as we've gotten older we've branched off into different interests. We're not fractured at all, but as with most families everyone grows up and does different things. Stargate is brings us all together because it is something we all enjoy.
      http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
      Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it has all the things I could want and dream of; great action on alien worlds, technology that would basically allow a person to do whatever they want, and the ability to time travel. I have dreamed of all of these things and it is great watching a show where all the stuff I like about all is shown and best of all normal people get to use it!
        sigpic

Comment

Stargate is important to me as not only it is an awesome show with brilliant characters, but it gave me what I had been seeking in a strong female character with Sam and introduced me to the amazing and inspirational women that is Amanda Tapping. Which in turn lead me to Gateworld and some amazing friendships.
          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

After watching Stargate for all these years, the characters feel like part of the family.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because (1) it's entertaining, (2) it offers an intriguing view of what our world COULD be like, and (3) it explores humanity in challenging, sci-fi contexts that give me pause.

Comment

Stargate, from the initial movie the the last episode aired, has echoed my ideas of strength, friendship, curiousity, service before self, and the tenacity of the human race to continue forward. It showed the bad as well as the good in people and created a dream world that meant many different things to many different people. While SG-1 was the first and really great, I fell in love with the people and the stories of Atlantis. The friendship between Sheppard and McKay was truly a joy to watch grow. I would have, without reservation, stepped through the gate on a journey was expected to be a one-way trip with those two and the rest who traveled with them.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because like air, I need it to live. I'm always quoting Stargate...between 'For crying out loud' to 'Indeed', a Stargate reference usually pops up pretty often. I've only been to one convention in my life and unfortunately, that one will never happen again (Secaucus, NJ) so I would love to go to another one, and what better way than to go to the largest one!

Comment

I've been watching Stargate shows for close to 15 years now. The best part of having a show like that to watch is that it takes me out of my run of the mill life and transports me to new places every week. I've laughed my self silly watching some episodes, bit my nails watching others. When you watch stargate long enough you almost start to believe the story being spun. when stargate universe came out it was so good I couldn't stop thinking about it. what if.... what would happen next.... I wonder how the ancients overcame the problem of....

Any show that can make someone almost believe the characters are real becomes a big part of your life. I can say that Stargate is one of my favorite escapes and I'll share it with my family and friends long after the writers stop writing scripts and the Actors have their stars on hollywoods sidewalks.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because of all the adventure it brings. The things we watch and read are because we wnat to escape and what better series in the whole of scifi represented this than the entire Stargate franchise! You literally travel through a ring to another world, another life. The series brings you along for the escape and makes you as much a gate traveller as all of its characters. What more could you ask for in a science fiction series than what Stargate gives: To be something wonderful and simply inviting!
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh how I love Stargate! It has given me hours of enjoyment, not just watching, but reading, discussing, and creating. I love what I've learned from Stargate and the wonderful fans who have become my friends. What an awesome experience it would be to attend this most wonderful of all Stargate conventions.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it makes me think about science, faith, and the human experience in different ways.

Comment

Stargate is important to me. Because when I get stressed out at work. The different shows SG1, Atlantis and especially Universe gives me a place I can escape to for a bit. To center myself and relax. Also because of Stargate I joined Gateworld, where I have met and become friends with tons of people from all walks of life from around the world. And I will forever cherish that.
                            Last edited by AnnieS; 10 February 2011, 08:51 AM.
                            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Stargate is so important to me because it has brought me great happiness, great memories and friendships. Great happiness and memories of my children growing up and our family watching together, every week an episode which made us laugh, cry and gasp in disbelief. Going to the convention to meet the wonderful cast members but also meeting friends who are like family, whom we met through GW while discussing our favorite character or episode. These memories and friendships are part of my being and something which I will never forget.
                              sigpic

Comment

Stargate saved my sanity, became my sanity. The two hours provided by SG-1 and Atlantis became a neutral haven in the 12' x 14' prison I shared with the roommate from hell. For eight months we shared a dorm room, but bled into each other's lives. My food or personal items disappeared, I found nasty notes several times degrading my personal appearance, and her boyfriend passed out drunk on my bed. In retaliation, my boots mucked in livestock poo constantly found their way on top of her shoes, and my gerbil took a nice chunk out of her hand. I think it could smell evil. It escalated to the point where even keyboard clicking was argued over. The university ultimately forced us to endure and remain with each other, despite our vehement protests. Oddly, we found one thing in common: Stargate. It was the only TV series both of us could watch while in the room together. Rome? Catfight. Family Guy? Catfight. Grey's Anatomy? Catfight. Stargate SG-1/Atlantis? Civility. We actually acknowledged each other's existence during the airtime of both shows. Brief comments could be exchanged over McKay's hijinks and Teal'c awesomeness. The engrossing Stargate storylines and semi-tolerance (to my roommate) during this TV time allowed me the few laughs I ever had around her. I have continued the watching tradition at home with my family, as they have all caught Stargate fever. Only this time, the shows are for pure enjoyment. Stargate is important to me because it can foster an environment to strengthen family bonds or at least tolerance of someone else’s existence.

Comment

Working...
                                X