Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win Gold Tickets to Creation Vancouver (April 14-17)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win Gold Tickets to Creation Vancouver (April 14-17)

For fans of Stargate, the month of April and the province of British Columbia in Canada can only mean one thing: CON TIME!!

For the eighth consecutive year, Creation Entertainment will be hosting the mother of all Official Stargate Conventions in the TV franchises' home city, Vancouver. The con, once again being held at the Metrotown Hilton in Burnaby, is set for April 14-17. But for the first time ever, GateWorld is teaming with Creation to give one lucky winner (and their guest) the chance to attend the convention in style.

Typically, guests for the Vancouver convention can and have been added up to a week prior to the event -- but Creation has already amassed a formidable line-up of stars from all three series. Other names will be announced leading up to the event, but those already announced include:

* From Stargate SG-1: Christopher Judge ("Teal'c"), Corin Nemec ("Jonas Quinn"), Patrick Currie ("Fifth") and J.R. Bourne ("Martouf").
    * From Stargate Atlantis: Joe Flanigan ("Col. John Sheppard"), David Hewlett ("Rodney McKay"), Paul McGillion ("Dr. Carson Beckett"), David Nykl ("Radek Zelenka"), Kavan Smith ("Major Lorne"), Christopher Heyerdahl ("Todd the Wraith"), Robert Davi ("Kolya") and Chuck Campbell ("Chuck the technician").
    * Jamil Walker Smith ("Master Sgt. Ronald Greer") from Stargate Universe
    * Stargate executive producer, writer and mastermind Brad Wright.

Through the generosity of Creation, GateWorld is giving away a pair of Gold Weekend Passes to the event. Those familiar with Creation conventions know how inclusive these tickets are. But for those who may have never been to a Creation convention, an explanation is in order -- especially since the Vancouver con features other additional perks.

These two gold passes are valued at over $1150, and will provide the winner and their guest with:

* Reserved seating close to the stage for all four days of the event.
    * A complimentary tour of the Stargate sets at Bridge Studios (provided the sets are still standing at that time)
    * Complimentary entrance to the Friday night Celebrity Cabaret
    * A Gold Pass-only dessert party attended by Christopher Judge, Robert Davi and Paul McGillion.
    * In-person complimentary autographs from a majority of the stars attending
    * A Stargate gift produced by Creation -- and created only for the Vancouver convention.

Members of GateWorld's editorial staff will be there -- would you like to be there, too? Then simply head over to the GateWorld Forum and this thread (register first if you're not a member) and answer the question "Why is Stargate important to you?". We'll randomly choose a winner on February 18, and they will be notified via the forum. One entry per person only, please. Duplicate entries will result in disqualification.

IMPORTANT: This contest provides the winner and guest with tickets to the convention only. The winner and guest are responsible for all other issues involving con attendance. Airfare (or other travel expenses), hotel accomodations and other incidentals are not included. Please also note that since the convention is in Canada, any non-Canadian winner must also provide proper documentation to travel internationally.

Good luck to all who enter! And a big thank-you to Creation Entertainment for their continued support of GateWorld!

Inserting this just to make it as visible as possible

Just a little mod note here:

We have a lot of new folks registering just to enter the contest. And that's cool. However, our forum is unfortunately, a popular target for spammers, so all new members have their posts screened...basically they are invisible until a mod clears them.

We will happily clear any and every post that is an entry into this contest. It may take us a few hours (especially if you post while the mods are all sleeping, which sometimes happens despite there being mods in several countries), but your posts WILL be cleared.

and when they are ready to draw a winner, Creation is more than welcome to contact us and make sure there are no posts lurking in the mod queue.

So, if you don't see your post right away, please don't worry. It'll show up as soon as a mod clears it.

Also, if you have registered on the site side, gateworld.net, that registration doesn't work here on the forum. You will need a separate account. We know it's inconvenient, but the two databases simply cannot talk to each other. So, to post here, if you don't already have an account on the forum, you'll need one. And then please be patient while we clear your posts.

Skydiver
    Forum Manager
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 February 2011, 02:15 PM. Reason: clarification
    Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
    Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
    Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
    Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
    Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
    Con-Version Calgary 2010
    C2E2 2013-2015
    TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
    Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
    Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
    FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Stargate is important to me because I have fallen in love with the Stargate characters and universe. I strive to be more like our heroes and wish I could visit the city of Atlantis. I also wish to meet these heroes and visit the city of Vancouver!

Comment

Stargate is important to me because I discovered it last year while my wife is pregnant. I believe because he heard so many while he was in-utero, that now our 3 month old son LOVES watching Stargate with us. If we put it on, he stops crying and just loves it.

Comment

Why is Stargate important to you?

Hummm...so many reasons to choose from...

simple: It is a wonderful escape from the everyday.

educated: It provides an interesting segue into various topics of discussion: religion, science, politics, among others, thus allowing for meaningful social interaction.

fangirl: OMG, so many cute guys to *squee* over!

geek: The aliens are awesome. I love the SFX!

Comment

Breath Stargate in....Breath Stargate out.....Breath Stargate in.....Breath Stargate out.....Need the Vancouver fresh air!!!
          sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Stargate is important to me, because my best friend introduced me to SG-1 in season 4, and after the first episode I watched I just fell in love with it. I have watched every single Stargate episode and plan on not missing any for any reason, unless in a situation like on Destiny, but even then id use the Ancient Communication Stones to watch them. Id love to meet the characters of the shows and see the sets. Ill even wear my SGU shirt and my stargate necklace!

Comment

Stargate is important to me because not only did it make my entire childhood worthwhile. But also because it sparked my love of the SciFi genre, leading me to other great SciFi shows such as Stargate Atlantis and Sanctuary! Also because I plan on naming my child Rodney!

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it is a great escape that allows us to dream of what else could be out there.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it has given me a sort of surrogate family. Since leaving college, I really havent been able to see my friends as often as I'd like since we all live in different states. As as result, it's really nice to be able to just turn on the tv and pop in a DVD and instantly see some friendly faces that I've known for years. I feel like I've known O'Neill, Teal'c, Carter, Shep, and Rodney for half my life. It's just a great way to escape into a world of adventure and away from the dullness of life. Indeed Destiny and Atlantis especially even feel like a second home!
                  Last edited by themeatcleaver; 04 February 2011, 10:54 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Stargate is important to me both directly and indirectly for various reasons.

Directly, it was my most sought-after science fiction television show of the week. SG-1 and Atlantis have elements that you don't find in any other science fiction show, such as sarcastic wit, and great humour.

Indirectly, as a resident of British Columbia, Stargate is (was?) another cog in the great machine that is BC's economy, benefiting all of the residents through employment opportunities and residuals.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it's a scifi dynasty created in my lifetime.

Comment

stargate is important to me because it gives me a window to the science fiction world, and the concept of the stargate is more interesting that that of a ship. Last the way us humans can create ships a save planets makes me feel like the human has limitless potential

Comment

Cree! Jaffa!
                          Stargate is important to me because it is my life. Not to sound like a creepy fan-girl, but I have seen every single episode of SG1, Atlantis, and Universe. It is probably the most amazing TV show EVER and I love it. <3 you, Daniel! ^^

Comment

I began watching Stargate when it was playing on Showtime and although in the beginning I didn't watch it religiously, the character's appealed to a wide ranch of people from all different walks of life. Generally a TV show is going for one or two demographics. Stargate doesn't just target one or two, it targets everyone. Everyone can relate to the show and the characters. I know the impact on my life has certainly come out like when something happens and I quote Jack (my favorite line is from Window of Opportunity "In the middle of my backswing!") or I give 's eyebrow to my wife all the time.

I think Stargate has meant a lot to a significant number of people and I am sad to see Universe end so soon and I hope that some other tv network picks it up and lets the story finish like it was intended too.
                            That never gets old ...

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it has provided years of quality entertainment, the characters are some of the best on TV ever, and it's introduced us to many outstanding actors.

IHS
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X