For fans of Stargate, the month of April and the province of British Columbia in Canada can only mean one thing: CON TIME!!
For the eighth consecutive year, Creation Entertainment will be hosting the mother of all Official Stargate Conventions in the TV franchises' home city, Vancouver. The con, once again being held at the Metrotown Hilton in Burnaby, is set for April 14-17. But for the first time ever, GateWorld is teaming with Creation to give one lucky winner (and their guest) the chance to attend the convention in style.
Typically, guests for the Vancouver convention can and have been added up to a week prior to the event -- but Creation has already amassed a formidable line-up of stars from all three series. Other names will be announced leading up to the event, but those already announced include:
* From Stargate SG-1: Christopher Judge ("Teal'c"), Corin Nemec ("Jonas Quinn"), Patrick Currie ("Fifth") and J.R. Bourne ("Martouf").
* From Stargate Atlantis: Joe Flanigan ("Col. John Sheppard"), David Hewlett ("Rodney McKay"), Paul McGillion ("Dr. Carson Beckett"), David Nykl ("Radek Zelenka"), Kavan Smith ("Major Lorne"), Christopher Heyerdahl ("Todd the Wraith"), Robert Davi ("Kolya") and Chuck Campbell ("Chuck the technician").
* Jamil Walker Smith ("Master Sgt. Ronald Greer") from Stargate Universe
* Stargate executive producer, writer and mastermind Brad Wright.
Through the generosity of Creation, GateWorld is giving away a pair of Gold Weekend Passes to the event. Those familiar with Creation conventions know how inclusive these tickets are. But for those who may have never been to a Creation convention, an explanation is in order -- especially since the Vancouver con features other additional perks.
These two gold passes are valued at over $1150, and will provide the winner and their guest with:
* Reserved seating close to the stage for all four days of the event.
* A complimentary tour of the Stargate sets at Bridge Studios (provided the sets are still standing at that time)
* Complimentary entrance to the Friday night Celebrity Cabaret
* A Gold Pass-only dessert party attended by Christopher Judge, Robert Davi and Paul McGillion.
* In-person complimentary autographs from a majority of the stars attending
* A Stargate gift produced by Creation -- and created only for the Vancouver convention.
Members of GateWorld's editorial staff will be there -- would you like to be there, too? Then simply head over to the GateWorld Forum and this thread (register first if you're not a member) and answer the question "Why is Stargate important to you?". We'll randomly choose a winner on February 18, and they will be notified via the forum. One entry per person only, please. Duplicate entries will result in disqualification.
IMPORTANT: This contest provides the winner and guest with tickets to the convention only. The winner and guest are responsible for all other issues involving con attendance. Airfare (or other travel expenses), hotel accomodations and other incidentals are not included. Please also note that since the convention is in Canada, any non-Canadian winner must also provide proper documentation to travel internationally.
Good luck to all who enter! And a big thank-you to Creation Entertainment for their continued support of GateWorld!
Inserting this just to make it as visible as possible
Just a little mod note here:
We have a lot of new folks registering just to enter the contest. And that's cool. However, our forum is unfortunately, a popular target for spammers, so all new members have their posts screened...basically they are invisible until a mod clears them.
We will happily clear any and every post that is an entry into this contest. It may take us a few hours (especially if you post while the mods are all sleeping, which sometimes happens despite there being mods in several countries), but your posts WILL be cleared.
and when they are ready to draw a winner, Creation is more than welcome to contact us and make sure there are no posts lurking in the mod queue.
So, if you don't see your post right away, please don't worry. It'll show up as soon as a mod clears it.
Also, if you have registered on the site side, gateworld.net, that registration doesn't work here on the forum. You will need a separate account. We know it's inconvenient, but the two databases simply cannot talk to each other. So, to post here, if you don't already have an account on the forum, you'll need one. And then please be patient while we clear your posts.