Doctor Who DVD/BD News Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
    I love that they are animating the lost episodes, beats using stills.
    Absolutely! I tried watching a fan reconstruction of The Space Pirates which used photo stills and screencaps...I found it incredibly disjointed to watch. Hopefully if future missing episodes are animated they'll look as they did for The Invasion and as they're currently being done for The Reign of Terror.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

A number of announcements (R1) for January through March.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doc...releases/16036
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        A number of announcements (R1) for January through March.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doc...releases/16036
        "The Sensorites" on R1. I hope a UK release isn't far behind!
        A third release for "The Caves Of Androzani"? Or didn't the Revisitations boxsets get released in the US, and you are simply getting "The Caves Of Androzani" from Revisitations as a seperate release?
        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I've had "The Caves of Androzani" since 2003 so it must be a re-release.
          sigpic
          Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
            "The Sensorites" on R1. I hope a UK release isn't far behind!
            Definitely! Ah, Sensorites...cousins of the Ood. Marvellous! Usually the US get the release announcements first but the UK gets the actual releases first...but the US is never usually too far behind.

A third release for "The Caves Of Androzani"? Or didn't the Revisitations boxsets get released in the US, and you are simply getting "The Caves Of Androzani" from Revisitations as a seperate release?
            Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
            I've had "The Caves of Androzani" since 2003 so it must be a re-release.
            From my research, the only DVD release the US has had of this story is the first version released in 2003. Presumably this re-release will be the special edition that was released as part of the Revisitations 1 boxset in the UK and Australia.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Latest DVD art..

Standard Edition:
              Spoiler:

Limited Edition:
              Spoiler:

I prefer the standard edition cover, but would like for the limited edition. It has some nice flashy cards

Comment

Ooh. I hope R1 gets both, I'd quite like the limited one
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Potential Shada DVD release for 2012
                  Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

2|Entertain have revealed plans for the DVD release of the incomplete Fourth Doctor adventure Shada, which would have been the finale to the seventeenth season back in 1980; commenting on Twitter via ClassicDW:

Plans are to release the SHADA fragments together with MORE THAN THIRTY YEARS in a box filled with other content goodies! Likely 2012.

Development for this DVD includes the usual making-of feature (as illustrated), with Chris Chapman reporting: "To further whet your appetites, our Shada doco is called Death Comes to Time and was shot (mostly) on location in Cambridge!"

The Restoration Team have also continued to reveal tantalising glimpses of DVD development via Twitter; news snippets include:
                  • The Sensorites will contain a feature entitles Looking for Peter, a "Who Do You Think You Are?" style documentary on the writer of the story, Peter R. Newman.
                  • The Nicholas Courtney documentary will be presented by Michael McManus, friend and co-writer for the actor's auto-biography Still Getting Away With It.
                  • Terror of the Zygons is not expected to be released during 2012.

Comment

Potential Shada DVD release for 2012
                    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

CONTINUED FROM ARTICLE ABOVE

The Restoration Team on Twitter:
                    Spoiler:
                    THE REIGN OF TERROR

10 Oct Chris Chapman Editing our Reign of Terror doco today - a particularly
                    gripping behind the scenes story to tell! Poor old Henric...
                    10 Oct Chris Chapman Reign of Terror making-of (aka Don't Lose Your Head) coming
                    together nicely. Now if only I can find a photo of Henric Hirsch!
                    11 Oct Chris Chapman Back into the Reign of Terror edit - Tim Combe always
                    fantastic value as an interviewee!
                    11 Oct Chris Chapman Off-off-line edit of doco 'Don't Lose Your Head' is all done
                    and now winging its way to my editor Richard Alderson in Newcastle!
                    18 Oct Chris Chapman My notes on our rough cut of the Reign of Terror doco
                    include "MORE GUILLOTINE!"
                    21 Oct Chris Chapman Our Reign of Terror making-of is looking lovely! Really happy
                    with the story on this one - and all the chopping. :-)
                    24 Oct Chris Chapman Reign of Terror doco 'Don't Lose Your Head' will go over to ClassicDW
                    tomorrow - it's turned out a lot better than I thought it would!
                    26 Oct ClassicDW Further rough cuts to view. This one is from Chris Chapman.
                    For what revolutionary title it might be for. http://t.co/l8w8VtAR
                    26 Oct Chris Chapman Lovely notes back from ClassicDW for our Reign of Terror doco
                    'Don't Lose Your Head' - all signed off! :-)

VENGEANCE ON VAROS SE

26 Oct ClassicDW Viewing rough-cut of main VAM for Vengeance on Varos SE, made by
                    Thomas and Simon Guerrier. http://t.co/gme51Rv2

THE SENSORITES

21 Oct Chris Chapman The Sensorites contents has been announced - including our
                    new doco 'Looking for Peter' - presented by Toby Hadoke.
                    21 Oct Chris Chapman It's not a making of... more of a Doctor Who Do You Think You Are!
                    21 Oct Ed Stradling "Looking for Peter", just announced for The Sensorites
                    is one of the best DVD docs yet. So Buy it!
                    25 Oct ClassicDW Moving menus for SENSORITES looking great and signed-off. Oh, no!
                    Region 4 test discs for UNIT won't play in DVD player. :-)
                    25 Oct ClassicDW Here's a quick look at one of the menus for THE SENSORITES! http://t.co/Yp4u7HXF

UNIT

25 Oct ClassicDW Crikey! UNIT box test discs arrived today. http://t.co/7ylukdbq

THE DÆMONS

8 Oct Restoration Team Grading 'The Daemons' at TV Centre, looks fantastic in
                    its VidFIREd glory!
                    8 Oct Restoration Team Jonathan Wood is valiantly struggling with poor quality film inserts
                    as he fights to make The Daemons look magnificent!
                    8 Oct Restoration Team http://t.co/kUuDyfr8http://t.co/kUuDyfr8 Grading The Daemons, Mr Pertwee in
                    all his Technicolor glory!
                    8 Oct Restoration Team http://t.co/FJNbFB30 Delgado becomes Marty Feldman, split-screening
                    real VT against restoration during grade.
                    8 Oct ClassicDW Restoration Team report that restored DAEMONS looks fantastic.
                    Can't wait to take a look and report back. Hope to post a screen grab or two!
                    9 Oct Restoration Team Fantastic wobbly set about 11 mins into ep5 of Daemons
                    when Doctor slams church door!
                    9 Oct Restoration Team Just finishing off Barry Letts obit doc amends and noted he died
                    exactly two years ago today. A great loss.
                    11 Oct Mark Ayres Audio restoration for The Daemons complete. Tricky, particularly ep5's
                    noisy 16mm optical. Look forward to seeing final master.
                    11 Oct ClassicDW DAEMONS commentaries from Mark Ayres ready for review.
                    Looking forward to signing this one off. Fabulous story!
                    15 Oct Restoration Team Potential Daemons disaster averted at the expense of my weekend
                    lie-in. Now heading to Peter Crocker for coffee.
                    15 Oct ClassicDW Early restoration test disc looking lovely! http://t.co/J0EttWIT
                    18 Oct Chris Chapman My Daemons doco features Katy Manning, Christopher Barry,
                    Richard Franklin, Terrance Dicks, Sue Hedden, Damaris Hayman and Barry Letts!
                    18 Oct Chris Chapman And it's called The Devil Rides Out.
                    18 Oct ClassicDW Great early artwork samplers from Lee Binding for THE DÆMONS and
                    THE FACE OF EVIL. Looking good!
                    18 Oct ClassicDW A quick look at today's work screen! :-) http://t.co/5j434rau
                    18 Oct ClassicDW "Return to Devils End" will not be on the DVD release.
                    20 Oct ClassicDW Screen grab from the restored edition of The Daemons! http://t.co/WUVPmpHJ

THE GREATEST SHOW IN THE GALAXY

18 Oct Chris Chapman Greatest Show in the Galaxy line-up is (at least) Sophie Aldred,
                    Alan Wareing, Ian Reddington, David Laskey, Mike Tucker and Andrew Cartmel.

MISC

11 Oct Chris Chapman Now starting content cut on my next doco - this one
                    not quite announced yet. Great interviewees on this and a great story to tell!
                    12 Oct Chris Chapman Currently working on three Doctor Who edits at the same time!
                    Have a good feeling about all three - proper meaty stories to tell!
                    12 Oct Chris Chapman Just editing one AMAZING interviewee for a doco - this gentleman
                    is a massively impressive 94 years old!
                    12 Oct Chris Chapman here's a clue: none of them are Delta and the Bannermen.
                    I can also confirm that they all feature a human cast.
                    12 Oct Chris Chapman we've done Death to the Daleks already.:-)
                    13 Oct Chris Chapman A fun day ahead! I'm off to the BBC's written archives at Caversham
                    to examine old production documents and memos for two docos.
                    13 Oct Chris Chapman The fact that the BBC kept so much paperwork is AMAZING -
                    but odd as they junked the episodes themselves!
                    13 Oct Chris Chapman both docos are for previously unreleased DVDs - not Revisitations.
                    And they're both 1960s adventures.
                    13 Oct Chris Chapman Trip to the archives concluded - one story particularly well-served,
                    the other not so much. Still, always a worthwhile trip!
                    13 Oct Chris Chapman Did I mention that classic Doctor Who production goddess Margot Hayhoe
                    is now on Twitter? Follow her!
                    13 Oct ClassicDW To stop the rumour here and now, Zygons is not scheduled for 2012.
                    Too much other great content to fit it in that year!
                    13 Oct Chris Chapman Are we going to reveal the year's schedule in DWM again this year?
                    14 Oct Ed Stradling Off for a run and then it's back to editing the Nick Courtney
                    tribute doc, presented by Michael McManus
                    14 Oct Restoration Team lunch with ClassicDW - forward planning!
                    14 Oct ClassicDW Working lunch with the Restoration Team to discuss 2012 and 2013.
                    If you're sitting behind us, sssssh! Don't tell. :-)
                    15 Oct ClassicDW Home of 5 Docs, City of Death, 3 Docs, Genesis... TC6!!! http://t.co/GupjkJPk
                    15 Oct Ed Stradling Terror of the Zygons DVD taking shape, Main work due early 2012.
                    It will be my last work on the range after 9 years.
                    15 Oct Ed Stradling no plans for a CGI Skarasen at this stage I'm afraid
                    15 Oct Ed Stradling the DVD range comes to an end soon and Zygons is my last commission.
                    Then it's time for me to do something else!
                    17 Oct Chris Chapman Back on the edit for our new doco (a secret one for now) -
                    coming together nicely and it now has a title!
                    17 Oct ClassicDW Signed off sleeve text for Special Editions of TOMB OF THE CYBERMEN
                    and THE THREE DOCTORS
                    17 Oct Chris Chapman So our three docos continue through the edit! Secret number 1
                    nearly done, Reign of Terror looking good and Secret 2 shaping up!
                    18 Oct Chris Chapman I'm all done on the Secret 2 rough cut now - running to
                    around 33 minutes at present, quite a story to tell! :-)
                    19 Oct ClassicDW Just found in the DVD archives whilst having a clear-out.
                    Thought you'd enjoy! http://t.co/zPpcZh4d
                    20 Oct Chris Chapman I reckon I'll be starting work on the edit tomorrow for our
                    25th doco... Mental!
                    25 Oct Chris Chapman Today's ClassicDW titbits... Reign of Terror doc's grade is rendering,
                    Dan Hall is viewing SecretProject1 and archive is capturing for SP2!
                    25 Oct Chris Chapman I wonder if ClassicDW has watched our new doco yet... (SP1)
                    what happens if he hates it...? I guess I could redo it with puppets...
                    25 Oct Chris Chapman Busy Who day tomorrow - hoping to master SP-1, upload Reign of Terror
                    doco to the boss, sound mix SP-0 and begin the main edit on SP-2!
                    26 Oct Chris Chapman So with Reign and Shada done, our remaining production slate
                    for Doctor Who is Secret Project 2, SP3 and Greatest Show in the Galaxy!

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/10...shada-dvd.html

Comment

Hm, Shada? Hasn't that already been adapted into an Eighth Doctor animated webcast?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Hm, Shada? Hasn't that already been adapted into an Eighth Doctor animated webcast?
                        Yes. Yes it has.

Comment

Leela's first story, The Face of Evil, has been added to the March releases!

Comment

That's good news.

Comment

The Dæmons DVD Release
                              Thursday, December 15, 2011 - Posted by Marcus

The 1971 story The Dæmons has been confirmed for DVD release at the end of March.

The five part story stars the third Doctor, Jon Pertwee in one of the stories most loved by fans and production staff alike, with Jon Pertwee often naming it as his favourite Doctor Who story.

The Doctor is joined by Katy Manning playing Jo Grant as well as UNIT regulars Nicholas Courtney, Richard Franklin and John Levene with Roger Delgado appearing as the main villain of the piece.

Christopher Barry directed the story which was written by Barry Letts and Robert Sloman

The story was originally screened between 22nd May and 19th June in 1971, where it brought to an end the eighth season of the show. Its popularity saw it repeated the following Christmas in an omnibus form. It received a further repeat in 1992 when restored versions of each episode were repeated on BBC2 on consecutive Fridays.

Extras on the disc include:

• The Devil Rides Out - A documentary on the making of the story. (29 mins)
                              • Episode One Colourisation Test. (25 mins)
                              • Tomorrow's World Extract (5 mins)
                              • The BBC's Dr Who - On Location - At Aldbourne (7 Min)
                              • Photo Gallery (6 Min)
                              • Remembering Barry Letts. Feature on the much loved Doctor Who Producer. (33 mins)

The DVD is released in the UK on 26th March and around the world shortly afterwards.

Full Release Guide

Comment

I'm really looking forward to getting this.

Comment

Working...
                                X