Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are stargate figures so expensive on ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are stargate figures so expensive on ebay?

I know they a rare, but I mean come on $50 for an action figure? I am a collector as well so many of you will think i am a hypocrite for saying that. I am still in college and don't have the money to buy $50 worth of action figures, but would still like to be able to buy some that are reasonably priced.

Is there another website besides ebay and toywiz that sells stargate action figures? They are just getting ridiculously expensive. I am going to take them out of the boxes anyways to display.

You said it - because they are rare, why do you think gold is so expensive?

Comment

Most of them are rare because of hording anyway, it's like the replacement pieces. Some people order a whole bunch of them waiting for them to run out so they could make a profit. Some of the collectors of Stargate figures owned a whole bunch of figures waiting for them to be worth money.
      It's just supply and demand, people want what others have. And people will go to extremes to make sure people don't have what they have so that they can make money.

And it is ridiculous, in order to get a serpent guard or a Daniel Jackson to finish the gate I have to spend 50-100$. All because I was only like 13 or 14 when they came out and no stores sold them near me so I didn't know they existed.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm selling some Series 1 SG-1 figures and am not asking that much. If you're interested, PM me and I'll tell what I have left.
        sigpic
        Banner By Orangelusik!

Comment

Working...
        X