This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i bet we wont get closure

They have already filmed the last 10 episodes, so unless they do a re-do of the last 2 episodes "or" a movie to wrap it up: we will not have anything answered.
    I hate when that sh$t happens!!

I know the ppl who were in control of SGU knew the were on the bubble. They should have known it was a good chance of the"cancellation" bear being on their back. So they should have prepared 2 ending: 1.cliff hanger 2. clean ending

BSG did, even though I did not like the way some of the characters' story lines ended. But it was an ending.

I'm not blaming the creators of the show if we don't get closure - they were hoping for another 3 seasons, and that was their plan. If things didn't work out, they gave it their best shot.

The way the show is filmed, very far ahead of time so that the special effects and such can be added in, doesn't really make them very flexible.

And do we really want a 1-episode "quick ending" slapped on the series?

(I don't want to mention "Enemy at the Gate", because it makes my tummy ache. But I will, I will.)
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

we're never promised anything

if those episodes to come were spectacular, why cram a half-thought-out ending into it, especially when they were hoping for another three seasons?

Isn't it the norm now to have any series, not just this one, end in a cliffhanger? Because you want to have people come back next season for one thing and also, as maddening as it may be for us, it's a way to, in one shot, wrap up a season and also stoke hope for what's to come. Don't blame SGU for it.
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

It would also be prohibitively expensive to film an extra "just in case" episode. The cast and crew salaries, the FX, the music... It all adds up.
        sigpic

Comment

We don't know how the final episode is going to end (unless a spoiler I read is valid). Of course it won't be Destiny completing its mission, but the ending might be closure-y enough.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
            And do we really want a 1-episode "quick ending" slapped on the series?
            No we don't. We want something that takes some thought & treats our beloved characters with dignity. Not some 45 minute (Or even 90 minute.) episode crammed to the brim.

Comment

I hope it is left with a satisfying but open ended, ending.

'Dead Like Me' was an excellent show with a great premise and fun to watch. I had become invested in the characters and their daily lives. It too was cancelled after its second season. Even though that was left hanging like SGU with the cancellation, it did manage to give an ending that closed that particular chapter, but left food for thought and open for any further adventures if they wanted.

Five years later it was good to see a movie again, some different actors, but still enough that was familiar to make the movie a fun update to what had happened in the intervening five years and how much things had changed. SGU could be open to this too and perhaps not having closure is not a bad thing. We would just be rejoining the crew of the Destiny in the middle of some future moment in their daily life and get a chance to catch up with what had happened to them while we've been away!

Comment

Originally posted by Mulder1975 View Post
                They have already filmed the last 10 episodes, so unless they do a re-do of the last 2 episodes "or" a movie to wrap it up: we will not have anything answered.
                I hate when that sh$t happens!!

I know the ppl who were in control of SGU knew the were on the bubble. They should have known it was a good chance of the"cancellation" bear being on their back. So they should have prepared 2 ending: 1.cliff hanger 2. clean ending

BSG did, even though I did not like the way some of the characters' story lines ended. But it was an ending.
                No they never, they knew an entire season in advance that it would be the last, while all of season 2 had been planned out by time Intervention aired.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  No they never, they knew an entire season in advance that it would be the last, while all of season 2 had been planned out by time Intervention aired.
                  Provide proof Jenks
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Why didn't you ask Mulder1975 for proof?

In any case, you can read Joe Mallozzi's blog entries to see how far along in development they were when the season started, and season 4 being BSG's last was reported long before the season had even aired.

Comment

Why didn't you ask Mulder1975 for proof?
                      Possibly due to him not asking for it everytime S/he is questioned Jenks, something you do constantly when you don't like what you read?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        Possibly due to him not asking for it everytime S/he is questioned Jenks, something you do constantly when you don't like what you read?
                        So this is just you being petty then? Glad we cleared that up. For the record though, I ask for a source for any info that seems baseless, it has nothing to do with liking it or not.

Comment

So this is just you being petty then? Glad we cleared that up. For the record though, I ask for a source for any info that seems baseless, it has nothing to do with liking it or not.
                          Being Petty?, How do you reach that conclusion? I never realised questioning someone was petty.
                          Just out of curiosity, what do you consider "baseless info"
                          sigpic

Comment

Being Petty?, How do you reach that conclusion?
                            You've just said that the reason you asked me for proof, is because I supposedly always ask for it too when I read something I don't like, rather than because you thought my statement was baseless. That's pretty petty.

Well if it's baseless, there's no evidence for it. If something seems baseless, then there doesn't seem to be any evidence for it, so I ask for some.
                            Last edited by KEK; 27 January 2011, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Being Petty?, How do you reach that conclusion? I never realised questioning someone was petty.
                              Anything Jenks disagrees with?

I think the fans will be left hanging. sorry guys.
                              All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                              X