This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you go to movies by yourself?

I don't usually, Ive always gone with friends or family, i think Ive only been to the movies once by myself during my life time
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

No, I don't think it's much fun unless you have someone else to enjoy it with. Especially if you're going to spend all that money on tickets--you might as well make it as much fun as possible.
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I barely go to the movies at all. Its cheaper to just wait a month and watch the movie at home
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

When I do go, yeah it's alone. Makes no difference to me, really. If you have friends with you, that's great and all, but what the hell are you supposed to do? Talk with them in the middle of the damn movie? Hell with that. I go to the cinemas to watch movies, not get distracted or anything.

But hot chick? Okay, attention wavers.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Nope - that's one of the things I never do alone. Even when I was having trouble making friends in Exeter...I just hardly went to the cinema. Meant there was a lot of stuff I had to wait till it came out on DVD to watch but...so be it.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

The only movies I ever go to by myself are indian movies (aka:Bollywood) and only because I can never get anyone to go with me. I don't mind going alone much, but I feel more comfortable when I am with someone. I did go one time to see Titanic by myself and I wasn't the only one in there by myself.

Comment

No. I am not made of money and all cinemas here... eh, they just suck. I go to movies only when other people ask me to, and then it is a social event.

Comment

I go to the movies by myself all the time. I find it better than going with others who may want to ask questions during the movie and things like that.

Last movie I went to was Green Hornet the day it was released, not sure what the next movie will be as the cinema's official site has only got 3 films listed for this year.

sigpic

Comment

Not usually!! but, i have ...

it is cheaper to share a super huge popcorn betwixt peeps!!

teehee!!!
                  sigpic
                  SCORE!!
                  The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                    When I do go, yeah it's alone. Makes no difference to me, really. If you have friends with you, that's great and all, but what the hell are you supposed to do? Talk with them in the middle of the damn movie? Hell with that. I go to the cinemas to watch movies, not get distracted or anything.

But hot chick? Okay, attention wavers.
                    OH i watch movies at home by myself all the time, its just always worked out that whenever i wanted to go to the movies my friends or family always went with me, and the one time i did go by myself is because a friend forgot but we sorted that out

Ive thought about going by myself on more than one occasion but a friend or family member has always asked me to go, or Ive just waited for it on DVD
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Yes. I usually wait till the movie has been in a week, then take in a midday matinee, and most of the time there are a few other people in the theater, but lots of times it's just me, and then it's like a private showing. Can't beat a big screen at times
                      no means no, and so does pepper spray
                      Sig by The Carpenter
                      sigpic

Comment

i've only went to the movies by myself once, and that was my campus theatre. it was the first day of my freshman year and upper-classmen hadn't come yet (my roommate being one of them). so i had nothing else to do and didn't know anyone yet. i wasn't the only one there that was in that situation.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't usually, but I think I have gone once or twice when hubby flatly did not want to see whatever movie I ended up seeing.

IHS
                          sigpic

Comment

I have, and I probably will again, if I would like to experience a movie theatre again.
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I have been a couple of times. I once swore that I'd never do that. However, I changed my mind when I went out of town with my hubby while he had an IT conference. After exploring the town for days, and getting insanely bored by walking or sitting in the hotel, I decided to go to the movies. Loved it! It was not only a great way to waste time without getting bored, but no one annoyed me with questions. It seems atrocious before you do it, but then you do and realize it's really not as big of a deal as you made it out to be, at least that's what I realized.
                              sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Working...
                              X