No announcement yet.

Hawaii Five-0 (2010) - Who's watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To give it a promotional boost. The game yesterday was expected to have huge ratings, so it's a way to hopefully get new people to try out the show.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

ok, i did miss the beginning so I may be wrong

but the plot
      Spoiler:

a tsunami coming towards the island...well tsunamis are waves generated by seismic events, volcanoes, earthquakes, massive landslides....so why all the 'is there a tsunami' stuff if there was no earthquake to trigger it?

and 'the tsunami picked up speed?'

really?

yes, i need to watch it from the beginning but did they really lack the googling skill to have some idea what they're writing about? If so, well then it confirms the 'turn off your brain and enjoy the pretty pictures' attitude
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        ok, i did miss the beginning so I may be wrong

but the plot
        Spoiler:

a tsunami coming towards the island...well tsunamis are waves generated by seismic events, volcanoes, earthquakes, massive landslides....so why all the 'is there a tsunami' stuff if there was no earthquake to trigger it?

and 'the tsunami picked up speed?'

really?

yes, i need to watch it from the beginning but did they really lack the googling skill to have some idea what they're writing about? If so, well then it confirms the 'turn off your brain and enjoy the pretty pictures' attitude
        In the beginning right after the credits in the scene
        Spoiler:
        with Steve and Catherine one of them says something about it having been triggered by a massive underwater landslide, if I remember correctly. Of course that was apparently all incorrect information. But that's what they believed in the beginning.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

yeah, i watched it this morning

Spoiler:
          so they did say 'apparently triggered by an underwater landslide'

of course, in the real world, seismographs would have been consulted to see where hte quake/slide was....and they'd have known within minutes

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if verifying the existence of a quake isn't part of hte tsunami warning system....the alarms are sounded once they have info from the buoys AND seismographs telling them were the event happened...cause distance from the island is one of the factors in how big the wave might be...obviously closer is worse

BUT

kono was in her swim suit, Danno got to snark, Chen said 'cuz' and McGarrett got to save the day....so all episode criteria were met
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've liked Alex O'Loughlin since "Moonlight", so if we had CBS here, I'd watch it.

IHS
            sigpic

Comment

I really liked this weeks episode and I thought I had scene every episode this season, but I missed the one where they
              Spoiler:
              stole the $10 million
              so I'm going to have to go back and watch that one.
              sigpic

Comment

That was the last new one before Christmas - 1.12 Hana'a'a Makehewa.
                - Life after Stargate -
                sigpic

Comment

i watched the first 4 eps i really liked it. grace park is laughing all the way to the bank
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I laughed at the impossibility of last week's new episode. Some of the thing McGarret did with a broken arm is just not possible
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

What do you think will happen to Steve???
                      sigpic
                      Proud to be a Padapup!

Comment

Originally posted by Ogler View Post
                        What do you think will happen to Steve???
                        there's already a press release about the first episode of the new season, maybe you check it out

and here a spoiler about a crossover with another serie:

Spoiler:
                        The worlds of NCIS: LA and Hawaii Five-0 are about to collide.
                        Daniela Ruah’s NCIS: LA character, Agent Kensi, will cross over to fellow CBS crime procedural Hawaii Five-0 this fall, a show rep confirms to TVLine.

looking forward to that
                        Grimm returns October 24
                        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this one.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          sigpic

Comment

S-1 is about to come out on DVD, at least according to my Netflix account. Later this month. SQUEEE!

*bouncy*

IHS
                            sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to watch season two, my dad and me thoroughly enjoyed season one, the best cop show out there IMO, Scott caan and grace park are my favorites... Hope season two kicks as...
                              sigpic

Comment

Season 1 was great, cool mix of actors, including Scott Caan (Entourage), Grace Park (BSG), Daniel Day Kim (LOST, 24, Crusade), Larisa Olyenik (secret world of alex mack) and masi oka (heroes), its strange the only actor i dont really know in this show is the lead

Grace Park is much better in this than she was in BSG. and i like scott caan in this more than i did in entourage,

I dont usually watch cop shows but im eagerly anticipating the 2nd seasons premier
                                Last edited by mr_kennedy; 19 September 2011, 06:15 AM.
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X