Hawaii Five-0 (2010) - Who's watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawaii Five-0 (2010) - Who's watching?

I was curious whether anyone else here is watching the new Hawaii Five-0 remake with Alex O'Loughlin, Scott Caan, Daniel Dae Kim, and Grace Park.

It's quickly (and surprisingly) become of my new favorite shows. What do you all think? Any other fans on the board?
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

I enjoy it, even though it's a pretty shallow show.

I kinda like the irony that scott cann is hte only actor that wasn't in a genre show (you got a vamp, korean assassin and cylon ...and then danno)

You can almost set up a drinking game on

Kono getting undressed
    McGarrett taking off his shirt
    McGarrett smacking someone
    Daniel Dae Kim riding on his cycle/using the computers
    Danno playing hte moral conscience and calming, if sarcastic, presence.

It's fun
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

So true. On all points. I hadn't actually thought about that, that SC was the only one not a genre actor.

It's definitely not a deep show. Not a show you want to watch for the plot - let's just put it that way. But I've found it to be fun so far.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

no I don't watch it... *looks at Skydivers post* But maybe I'll start

Sounds like a male version of Bay Watch or something
        Originally posted by jelgate
        This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Yeah I watch it and I have to agree with the general notion of it being a shallow popcorn cop show.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I watched the first episode with james marsters and the next episodes.. i like daniel dae kim and grace park as well as the main two cops.. but I dont know.. I need plot to care for in order to watch it... maybe Ill buy the first season when it drops to 20 Dollars or something next year
            sigpic

Comment

I've been watching and liking it-and I have to agree with Skydiver's post as well.

Comment

I watch it but rarely watch live. If i've got the choice of watching Five-0 or Castle, I'll choose Castle every time!

Comment

yes. castle wins out for a live watch. much more fun and 'deep'
                  I meanm grace park is very pretty but i get tired of the persistent 'girls in skimpy costumes' sexism, so i give my first attention to shows that pander a bit less.
                  but, like I said, it is fun and not as shallow as the later seasons of baywatch
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree fun show. Although i watch way too much cheesy entertainment, so what do i know?

Couple of niggles:
                    Spoiler:
                    a) am i the only one who thinks that they have a VERY large office for just four officers?

b) WHO OWNS THE SILVER CHEVY!?! And if its Danno, WHY does he let McGarrett drive it so much!?!

And yes Grace Park is ssoooo there to do Shakespeare *cough cough*

ps: all this talk reminds me of a sig i once saw on another forum, stating that "Stargate SG-1 was a great cop show...." I don't know weither they were being sarcastic or truthful...
                    [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                      I agree fun show. Although i watch way too much cheesy entertainment, so what do i know?

Couple of niggles:
                      Spoiler:
                      a) am i the only one who thinks that they have a VERY large office for just four officers?

b) WHO OWNS THE SILVER CHEVY!?! And if its Danno, WHY does he let McGarrett drive it so much!?!

And yes Grace Park is ssoooo there to do Shakespeare *cough cough*

ps: all this talk reminds me of a sig i once saw on another forum, stating that "Stargate SG-1 was a great cop show...." I don't know weither they were being sarcastic or truthful...
                      Spoiler:
                      Yes, the Camaro is Danno's car. Theres an episode somewhere where they were arguing about who was driving it. Danno has post cards from Jersey posted up in it because he misses home.

Comment

heads up guys, apparently there's a new episode on right now.

Comment

Yeah, watching it as we speak.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          sigpic

Comment

There better be a wave tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              Yeah, watching it as we speak.
                              Why did they move a new episode onto Sunday instead of the usual Monday? I'll just watch it on CBS.com
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X