No announcement yet.

Concentrate and Ask Again (312)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a universe ends up being destroyed, I hope they show it on-screen instead of just glossing over it a la SG-1's "The Shroud". If our heroes decide to destroy an entire universe, we really ought to see the horror of such an implication.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      If a universe ends up being destroyed, I hope they show it on-screen instead of just glossing over it a la SG-1's "The Shroud". If our heroes decide to destroy an entire universe, we really ought to see the horror of such an implication.
      I agree! We should definately see it!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Not really. Over There is falling apart, on its way to destruction. The Machine offers them salvation, and the cost of the universe that put them in this mess in the first place (ours). For our part, we're fine, but if Over There decides to use the device we're screwed.

It might've worked better as a metaphor for nuclear weapons during the Cold War, but it's still a logical story point.
        That was exactly my point. The others would need our pieces to complete their Machine and there is just 1 Person in the 2 Universes that can use it. Destroying the machine and therefor eliminating the threat to our Universe seems like the best way. The other Verse would be doomed, but they would not care about us either.

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
        There could be some kind of reaction to destroying the machine. Like both Universes die out anyway if the machine is destroyed ?
        That would make sense, so far they havent introduced that yet, but they still might at some point.

I think that there is a way for both Universes to survive, though I am not sure if we are going to like it. Their Universe crumbles, because Peter was ripped out. There maybe a way to patch up the hole that Peter left, but it is surely going to need Peter himself for it.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I know its sci-fi...but HUGE plot device with the mind reader. I mean really, it took this long for Walter to realize there's a guy out there that can read minds. I can only imagine the number of times they could have used him. And now that he's been introduced I feel like Walter would want to help him in some way. Reduce the side effects or eliminate his ability. Its actually an interesting story line, but I doubt we will ever see him again.

I always knew there was something much more to Sam, so I'm glad they've decided to go that route. I hope we see more of him and his involvement in all this. I didn't like the suggestion that the machine would depend on Peter's choice between Olivia and the other one. When he was saying that it just sounded stupid, even by Sci-Fi standards.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
            I know its sci-fi...but HUGE plot device with the mind reader. I mean really, it took this long for Walter to realize there's a guy out there that can read minds. I can only imagine the number of times they could have used him. And now that he's been introduced I feel like Walter would want to help him in some way. Reduce the side effects or eliminate his ability. Its actually an interesting story line, but I doubt we will ever see him again.

I always knew there was something much more to Sam, so I'm glad they've decided to go that route. I hope we see more of him and his involvement in all this. I didn't like the suggestion that the machine would depend on Peter's choice between Olivia and the other one. When he was saying that it just sounded stupid, even by Sci-Fi standards.
            I like the idea of catching up with Sam again. It's good how Fringe doesn't forget plot lines. The idea that he is this sagely character with more to him than meets the eye was an interesting introduction. I'm reminded a bit of the introduction of Oma, a bit of speaking in riddles thing going on there with the business card exercise he gave Olivia!

I too am not sure about the Peter choosing the 'right' Olivia storyline. I'm wondering if Fringe would go down the road of sacrificing a main character. Finding that both universes depend on the sacrifice of both Olivias would certainly give us a shocking finale! I'm still shocked by the loss of Charlie, so they can make that sort of impact with the use of their characters. Nothing is straightforward or expected on Fringe, that's why I love this show!!!

DigiFluid --- 'Jack's cabin' is in Murdo Frazer Park in North Van, opposite the turn into the pitch & putt course parking lot. The cabin itself is the home of the park warden and is private, but you can wander round the 'pond with no fish' to the back of the property which is in the park and therefore accessible to the public. You can see the cabin from there along with the little jetty where Jack & Sam sat fishing. I think the people there are used to the crazies with cameras, they were happily enjoying a BBQ on the deck when I went there one year!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              DigiFluid --- 'Jack's cabin' is in Murdo Frazer Park in North Van, opposite the turn into the pitch & putt course parking lot. The cabin itself is the home of the park warden and is private, but you can wander round the 'pond with no fish' to the back of the property which is in the park and therefore accessible to the public. You can see the cabin from there along with the little jetty where Jack & Sam sat fishing. I think the people there are used to the crazies with cameras, they were happily enjoying a BBQ on the deck when I went there one year!
              *makes note*
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I love Fringe... This Episode was good, not good as the last episode but still better than many other shows currently on air! I loved seeing Sam again, quite missed him. I hope this "who will choose peter" in the end wont become the main plot of the story if thats the case im gonna be a bit dissapoinnted although i love joshua jackson and anna torv so that would not be that great a deal but it would miss the opportuninty for other great stories... hope the writers are gonna stick to the doomsday machine and the first people... its really a bit like h.p.lovecraft stories.... anyone read them?
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X