Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrection

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
    Spoiler:

{Reese}

Once she had finished with Rhys she returned her attention to Astor, he was hard to fathom at times. There were moments he treated her like a young Queen just come into her role, then there were he times he treated her like a child wraith, which in terms of wraith thinking and logic she was. She had to defer to him, he was one of her few allies and she would not risk that now. She bowed her head and spoke in tongue. “Forgive me, I do.....do tread hard upon the deck too often don't I dear Astor.'' She laid her hand on his shoulder, there was an itch in her mind. ~Does this involve the Lanteans? Father hinted at another alliance yestereve, could he even consider it after they still hold the one?~ Small tears fell from her eyes, she hated all humans, but the Lanteans had taken so many of her friends, Atlantis she wished nothing but destruction upon them.

Astor could sense a bit of sadness in her and he noticed the few tears she shed. He found tears a little strange even though he saw countless tears from some of the humans they held prisioner in the past. He also wasn't sure of how to react to her placing her hand on his shoulder so he gave her one of his rare smiles before speaking telepathically.

~I understand your anger and impatience. I imagine it isn't easy to be in your position.~

He couldn't go back on his word and tell her what he had heard her father and commanders talk about. But perhaps could give her his opinion he thought.

~I do suspect that your father has gone to meet with another party but with who I am not sure. If he were to go see the Lanteans I believe it would be foolish especially while they do hold the one...but that is also not in my place to tell him what I think. We must obey and support his actions and decisions even if we disagree with it.~
    The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

((OOC - Mel, never cry in front of a Wraith. It is a weakness, and would be exploited. DO NOT forget these people are carnivores, and also, because of the telepathic links they all maintain with the hive, they know what they have to do.))

<Bridge>

{Second} - {Third}

Growling softly at the mental imagery sent to him via the Hive's Chief of Security, the Second wondered, again, about the human female his Commander indulged so greatly. Noted for her hot temper, and mood swings, her arrogance was unmatched, but he found her mind chaotic, undisciplined, too eager to challenge the status quo. A situation that flared too frequently of late.

~I must oversee the Commander's foundling~ he snapped, irritated. ~Her inability for patience has once more seen her in conflict with *Astor*~

The Third grunted, and slipped smoothly up to the dais to take the Second's place at the comm. ~Perhaps if we send her on her way in a dart, other humans will not look so kindly on her... ~

Second chuckled, but shook his head, regret on his face for a brief moment. ~For whatever reason, that rebellious infant has his affection, no matter how disruptive she is to the others, or how many fall beneath her spell ~ A number of the faced-males, subs with youth and energy, pined for her exotic beauty, transfixed by golden eyes and silky white hair, which he could not but disapprove, and which the Commander found amusing. ~I will head to the lower decks, as the Engineer's work is being disrupted ~
      Last edited by Isolde; 22 January 2011, 08:11 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

{Reese}

Spoiler:
        Cocking her head around, her white mane flaring out like a silken web, Reese nodded to the ship's Intelligence Officer, her eyes widening into golden orbs. ~That is not of your concern Rhys, my behaviour is a given, take it or leave it. You have a report from my incursion to the Genii, have you even read it yet? Do you have any indication as to who these Alien's are I suspect they are in collusion with? When you tell me your answer then I will serve you again, but until then take your place and leave the ships repairs to the engineers, it is of neither yours or my affair~ She snapped her mind shut, giving him the impression she would see him soon.

{Rhys}

Rhys suppressed the urge to growl at this short-sighted accusation. Instead he remained calm as he answered, ~With all due respect, you may misjudge the situation. I was called here to help repairing important data circuits, crucial for our computer network that also controls the life support system, so, yes, ship repairs are indeed my business right now. As you so rightly pointed out, I am the Intelligence officer, therefore I offer my in-depth knowledge of computer systems to help. So, unless you have a broader picture of this and know of things outside my horizon, I recommend you trust my judgement as to where I belong at any given time. I will read your report as soon as life support is stable and my service is no longer required here. ~

The mention of the unknown aliens made him nervous, it was very fearsome that they still hadn't gleaned solid intel on the strange race.

Comment

<Wall Damage Area>

{Chief Engineer}

The Chief Engineer readily accepted the help of Reese’s masked warriors to make up for time lost from the dart bay incident and sent his telepathic approval. The muscle power of the drones was put to immediate use to move large, heavy pieces of wall to be spliced back together and encouraged to heal – a strenuous task for a ship also trying to heal radiation damage from the hyperspace jump.

Comment

<Dart Bay>

{Bullseye}

Having successfully fitted both replacement doors in the dart bay, Bullseye tested their functionality discovered that one of the door mechanisms responsible for receiving telepathic commands for opening and closing the door needed to be replaced. A bit like a surgical procedure to enter into the hive wall and reconnect the new mechanism to the living power cords that ran inside, it was an opportune time for mentoring and enforcing discipline. He summoned a junior technician on his right, who was still so young that his age, including hibernation, had only recently reached the triple digit range. Bullseye telepathically coached him, teaching the younger Wraith how to concentrate on the repairs, and not on Reese.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
              Spoiler:

Astor could sense a bit of sadness in her and he noticed the few tears she shed. He found tears a little strange even though he saw countless tears from some of the humans they held prisioner in the past. He also wasn't sure of how to react to her placing her hand on his shoulder so he gave her one of his rare smiles before speaking telepathically.

~I understand your anger and impatience. I imagine it isn't easy to be in your position.~

He couldn't go back on his word and tell her what he had heard her father and commanders talk about. But perhaps could give her his opinion he thought.

~I do suspect that your father has gone to meet with another party but with who I am not sure. If he were to go see the Lanteans I believe it would be foolish especially while they do hold the one...but that is also not in my place to tell him what I think. We must obey and support his actions and decisions even if we disagree with it.~

{Reese}

She wiped the corner of her eyes, Reese had realised her mistake and covered quickly for it. "Curse these frailties of my lineage, dust seems to affect my eyes badly at times." A lie but a good one, she smiled sheepishly. I imagined something like this to happen with the One being absent so long. I will speak of it no more then. By your leave I will withdraw and find something with which to fill my role aboard the hive for the time being.~ She bowed her head took a backward step, then turned.

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
              Spoiler:

{Rhys}

Rhys suppressed the urge to growl at this short-sighted accusation. Instead he remained calm as he answered, ~With all due respect, you may misjudge the situation. I was called here to help repairing important data circuits, crucial for our computer network that also controls the life support system, so, yes, ship repairs are indeed my business right now. As you so rightly pointed out, I am the Intelligence officer, therefore I offer my in-depth knowledge of computer systems to help. So, unless you have a broader picture of this and know of things outside my horizon, I recommend you trust my judgement as to where I belong at any given time. I will read your report as soon as life support is stable and my service is no longer required here. ~

The mention of the unknown aliens made him nervous, it was very fearsome that they still hadn't gleaned solid intel on the strange race.

She then rounded on Rhys. Her eyes softened just a little but still held that fire. "Such a waste of talent Rhys..." She began in speech then ~you should have told me earlier, I'm not just merely a weapon for you to point and shoot, I still have the Lantean beaming technology to perfect, it would be a boon to our hive if you could divert some of you ministrations in that direction with me. I will trust you on this, what you do. Allow me to aid you and in kind yo can help me finalise my work, does that suit you?~ There was more Reese had to offer on her intelligence scouting, but that could wait until needed, now it seemed was not the time. She leaned against the bulkhead and sent to her drones. ~Stay with the engineers, until I call for you~

Comment

{Second}

Coming off the transporter pad, the Second quickened his pace, heading towards the position of the Security Chief and Reese. If she had caused more disruption... His mouth-hand wept, enzyme creeping the length of his fingers, and he curled them together to hide its gaping maw. Her raw, nervous energy washed over through the normally cool waters of thought, making eddies in the stream. But as he drew closer, he could sense that the ripples had begun to calm, and he gave a soft growl of approval.

Perhaps the infant would become more than a weapon - and that soon, he hoped.

~Reese ~ he barked, as he came close, mentally acknowledging his officers. ~You will come with me. In your father's absence there are tasks that he wished you to undertake ~

As the woman reluctantly came away from the bulkhead, he moved to stand next to *Bullseye* and surveyed the work the Engineers undertook. ~She heals slowly ~ he said, and sighed, the hurt the ship took a wound in his own mind. ~How long before she is able to access hyperspace again? ~
                sigpic

Comment

{Bullseye}

Bullseye respectfully acknowledged the Second’s approach and stood at attention. He grimly nodded when the Second remarked about the ship being slow to heal.

Within the telepathic network, the technicians shared their latest diagnostic reports with the engineers and they conferred on an answer to the Second’s question.

The hyperspace jump had not been long, which normally meant easily manageable radiation damage. However, as much power as possible was being diverted to the most severely battle-damaged areas of the hull, in order to accelerate growth and healing, and the newly-grown areas would need time to harden enough to resist the radiation of hyperspace travel. The Chief Engineer confirmed it would not be a mere few days of delay.

Bullseye did not waste the Second’s time with these details and delivered the concise answer that was asked of him. ~It will take a minimum of seven standard days.~

Comment

Reese looked up in mild surprise, the Second only paid any attention to her when he wanted either an assination, a culling survey or some advanced knowledge on Lantean teachnology they had managed to acquire or all three usually within a set time frame merely to see if she could do it, which he knew well she could. She moved toward him with the grace of a Magwan cat, slowly and purred. ~And that would be? The last tasks Father had me do in 'his' absence, ended up with my dart stuck in middle of a battle between the Abonimantion and the Lantean fleet. I hopefully ask this will not be so again~

((OOC Abonimantion= Michael.....))

Comment

Spoiler:
                      {Reese}

She wiped the corner of her eyes, Reese had realised her mistake and covered quickly for it. "Curse these frailties of my lineage, dust seems to affect my eyes badly at times." A lie but a good one, she smiled sheepishly. I imagined something like this to happen with the One being absent so long. I will speak of it no more then. By your leave I will withdraw and find something with which to fill my role aboard the hive for the time being.~ She bowed her head took a backward step, then turned.

Astor couldn't help but give a slight wraithy smile when Reese tried to explain that her small tears were the result of dust. He pretended to believe Reese's explanation and gave her a brief word of advice telepathically before she turned her attention to Rhys.

~Do not forget Reese that most Wraith view tears as a weakness even if they are caused by dust. If you were speaking to another Wraith on this hive he may have not taken so kindly to them.~

Astor turned and walked away while telepathically ordering his drones to return with him back to the security area. He found human emotions funny and curious at the same time especially from someone like Reese as she obviously wasn't like other humans he had encountered.

Astor then shifted his thoughts to his work as he had much needed work to be done and hoped that he would be able to complete them before he would be needed again.
                      The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

{Reese}
                        Spoiler:
                        She then rounded on Rhys. Her eyes softened just a little but still held that fire. "Such a waste of talent Rhys..." She began in speech then ~you should have told me earlier, I'm not just merely a weapon for you to point and shoot, I still have the Lantean beaming technology to perfect, it would be a boon to our hive if you could divert some of you ministrations in that direction with me. I will trust you on this, what you do. Allow me to aid you and in kind yo can help me finalise my work, does that suit you?~ There was more Reese had to offer on her intelligence scouting, but that could wait until needed, now it seemed was not the time. She leaned against the bulkhead and sent to her drones. ~Stay with the engineers, until I call for you~

{Rhys}

Rhys's annoyance at her former aggressive outburst subsided somewhat as she mentioned the beaming technology. He had almost forgotten about that project; it would indeed be of value to be able to beam persons and objects through solid walls and enormous distances, as Wraith beaming technology was limited in its uses.

Still attentive and wary, he eyed her, one corner of his mouth twitching upwards to reveal a couple of pointed teeth. ~Very well. I will give you whatever expertise I can give for finalising your project. We will talk about that later. ~

As the Second arrived Rhys stood to attention and sent out a telepathic greeting. Feeling that he wasn't required here anymore he went back into the adjacent room to see what progress the technicians had made.

Comment

<Lower Levels>

{Handler}

The Handler chuckled to himself after the masked warrior left with the worshipper population and vacancy report. There were some missing field intelligence worshippers on various planets, most notably over the Genii homeworld and outposts. That left some important vacancies. He chuckled because, although newer to this hive, Rhys already had a reputation for enjoying his job, especially the converting duties. Well, why not? What was the point in living a long life if one didn’t enjoy it?

Comment

Reese looked up in mild surprise, the Second only paid any attention to her when he wanted either an assination, a culling survey or some advanced knowledge on Lantean teachnology they had managed to acquire or all three usually within a set time frame merely to see if she could do it, which he knew well she could. She moved toward him with the grace of a Magwan cat, slowly and purred. ~And that would be? The last tasks Father had me do in 'his' absence, ended up with my dart stuck in middle of a battle between the Abonimantion and the Lantean fleet. I hopefully ask this will not be so again~

((OOC Abonimantion= Michael.....))
                            ((OOC - Careful you don't Mary-Sue this gal, Mel. ))

<Second>

Ignoring the comments the human female made, the Second's attention fixed on the damage the hive had sustained. Running his fingers through his goatee, he narrowed his eyes in speculation. Seven days was far too long... Ill at ease, too close to Atlantis and her weaponry for comfort, his spinal ridges itched with gloomy premonition. He wanted to be wrong, but previous encounters with humans left him certain they would sooner kill them than look at them. Not that he could apportion blame, but diplomacy was more in the style of the Old One who'd led them to this position.

~Is there no other way to speed the healing? ~ he asked, conscious Reece's patience was thinning to a slim wire, and amused despite it. She could attempt her blandishments, but he was immune to such nonsense. ~Once, in the old days, exposure to a solar wind could assist with such damage. Is it possible again? ~

Deciding to answer her, he tilted his head, and examined her, golden eyes hard. "We will use speech, Reece, and you will attend to the Worshippers that have come back to the hive with vital information." Drawing himself up to his full seven feet, he stared down at her. "The information requires careful retrieval. Do not disapoint him who is your father."

Summarily dismissing her, the Second waited on an answer from the engineer.
                            sigpic

Comment

{Bullseye}

At the mention of the old days, Bullseye wondered just how much knowledge was lost to the Wraith before he ever came into existence, especially before the great Lantean-Wraith War. Being over 10,000 years old, *Todd* might have been able to confirm or deny the potential solution, but that one was not here.

The engineers telepathically conferred, considering that ultraviolet radiation just may speed the hardening of the biopolymer growth. However, the Chief Engineer was reluctant to expend much flight power or risk another hyperspace jump to find out.

Looping a bridge technician into the conversation, Bullseye obtained potentially favorable flight path information. The Chief Engineer declared it was worth a try.

After the Second turned back to Bullseye, he replied. ~It may be possible. The Bridge technician has located a sun for us, within a few standard hours of regular, non-hyperspace flying time.~
                              Last edited by WraithTech; 24 January 2011, 12:31 PM. Reason: ~

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                                Spoiler:

Astor couldn't help but give a slight wraithy smile when Reese tried to explain that her small tears were the result of dust. He pretended to believe Reese's explanation and gave her a brief word of advice telepathically before she turned her attention to Rhys.

~Do not forget Reese that most Wraith view tears as a weakness even if they are caused by dust. If you were speaking to another Wraith on this hive he may have not taken so kindly to them.~

Astor turned and walked away while telepathically ordering his drones to return with him back to the security area. He found human emotions funny and curious at the same time especially from someone like Reese as she obviously wasn't like other humans he had encountered.

Astor then shifted his thoughts to his work as he had much needed work to be done and hoped that he would be able to complete them before he would be needed again.

With second now in her focus, Reese bowed her head simply to Astor. He could have scolded her far worse and she was lucky in that. ~Thank you Astor, you give sage advice to a child such as I. The lesson is upon my heart.~ But yet she'd not finished, Rhys still had to be convinced her moodiness was simply a one off..for now.

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                                Spoiler:

{Rhys}

Rhys's annoyance at her former aggressive outburst subsided somewhat as she mentioned the beaming technology. He had almost forgotten about that project; it would indeed be of value to be able to beam persons and objects through solid walls and enormous distances, as Wraith beaming technology was limited in its uses.

Still attentive and wary, he eyed her, one corner of his mouth twitching upwards to reveal a couple of pointed teeth. ~Very well. I will give you whatever expertise I can give for finalising your project. We will talk about that later. ~

As the Second arrived Rhys stood to attention and sent out a telepathic greeting. Feeling that he wasn't required here anymore he went back into the adjacent room to see what progress the technicians had made.

~We shall do fine works Rhys, I know that the code is at my finger tips and with your help we'll have what we need. By your leave.~ She returned her attention to Second

Originally posted by Isolde View Post

<Second>
                                Spoiler:

Ignoring the comments the human female made, the Second's attention fixed on the damage the hive had sustained. Running his fingers through his goatee, he narrowed his eyes in speculation. Seven days was far too long... Ill at ease, too close to Atlantis and her weaponry for comfort, his spinal ridges itched with gloomy premonition. He wanted to be wrong, but previous encounters with humans left him certain they would sooner kill them than look at them. Not that he could apportion blame, but diplomacy was more in the style of the Old One who'd led them to this position.

~Is there no other way to speed the healing? ~ he asked, conscious Reece's patience was thinning to a slim wire, and amused despite it. She could attempt her blandishments, but he was immune to such nonsense. ~Once, in the old days, exposure to a solar wind could assist with such damage. Is it possible again? ~

Deciding to answer her, he tilted his head, and examined her, golden eyes hard. "We will use speech, Reece, and you will attend to the Worshippers that have come back to the hive with vital information." Drawing himself up to his full seven feet, he stared down at her. "The information requires careful retrieval. Do not disapoint him who is your father."

Summarily dismissing her, the Second waited on an answer from the engineer.

She looked up at him, a full span above her head, she would have used a Worshipper to stand on if one were nearby. "It may prove provident, if the information I have gathered and these 'followers' are willing to part with theirs, a source of this foul intrusion may well be found. Is there anything specific they may reveal Second?" She spoke to him a little more respectfully now, her mood had calmed and she felt as light a as breeze over still waters.

Comment

Working...
                                X