Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 127
  1. #81
    Major RogueRanger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Heaven on Earth, Home with Mom and Dad
    Posts
    2,558

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    <Bridge>

    {Random Cleverman} NPC

    ~Sending data now Commander. Updated, they are heavily armed, I would not like to be the Hive to take one of those on, let alone three. Based on my calculations....~ The cleverman stopped his thoughts, he would allow the Commnader to make his own assessments. ~...they are extremely dangerous Commander~

  2. #82
    Major General Draco-Stellaris's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pegasus galaxy
    Posts
    12,840

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio



    {Rhys}

    This was unexpected. Rhys would have loved to stay and learn more about the strange ships but Shrike's order had been unequivocal. The Second was radiating impatience and agitation which was no wonder under these circumstances.

    Briefly baring his teeth in disappointment, Rhys nodded and backed away, aware that Shrike was hiding something from him. But Rhys had his orders and got work to do; the Second would not tolerate him lingering here and he pulled himself together.

    As he left, his thoughts were spinning around the question who these strange ships belonged to. Either the Travelers or the hostile alien race they knew pitiful little of. The Travelers usually didn't create fleets - that would make them vulnerable as it drew too much attention. Whatever Shrike planned, Rhys hoped they would not engage the strange ships in a battle; he could still feel the faint sensation of the hive's pain in his mind.

    Rhys was on his way to meet the Chief Engineer when a telepathic message of a drone teased him with a nice prospect - the human female he and Astor had converted had woken up. Astor will be delighted to hear of this, Rhys thought, curling his lips in a smirk that showed his sharp teeth. Sadly, I have no time to waste for her now, first I need to talk to the engineers.

    Rhys issued an order to the drone to contact Astor to let him know of the human. ~Relay to him, I will him meet him at the holding cell as soon as possible.~

    A dull sense of confirmation came back over the telepathic network. The drone would do as he was told.


    ((OOC: Feel free to do some converting, Leeta. ))

  3. #83
    Lieutenant General
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19,747

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post


    {Glade}

    Life on this hiveship was never getting boring. Since he had come here, Glade had learned much about other Wraith cultures. Things were handled different on this ship than on his birthhive - which was no wonder, considering this crew was a mix of Wraith from all over the galaxy. The Old One had a knack for drawing the most extraordinary blades and clevermen to him. Glade had only seen him once but he had felt the aura of power the Old One emitted, and he was excited to be part of this hive, even though it meant he was in constant danger of being blown out of the sky.

    Stepping out of the transporter, he approached his destination in the dart bay. A group of blades was clustered around Bullseye, apparently having fun in testing the weapons systems. Respectfully he stepped up to Bullseye and bowed slightly. ~I hope I do not interrupt anything of importance but I finished my work on the bridge and was sent here to ask if there was still anything that requires repair.~





    {Bullseye}

    <Dart Bay>

    One standard hour had passed during the testing of the dart weapons, the necessary portion having been concluded twenty minutes ago. Aside from masked warriors patrolling the area, the dart bay was now empty, save for Glade, Bullseye, and the group of blades. Helpful was it was to have the blades pitching in and testing the weapons, it was time to move on for all of them. They excused themselves from the technical conversation that would likely ensue and waited for the last two blades to bring their darts back and dock them, all of them having taken turns flying in small groups. They walked off to the game room, speculating on the strange new ships that were approaching Bakun.

    Bullseye nodded in acknowledgement to Glade. Bullseye had felt the calm mental presence of the newer Wraith on the hive, a presence that reminded him of clearings in the pine forests on the planet where he grew up. Yet, he hadn’t spoken to or worked with Glade in person. In fact, he was more than a little surprised the distanced apprentice had approached him.

    ~ Most of the remaining repairs consist of waiting, for both the hull to solidify and for the replacement parts to grow. We can join the other clevermen in the pod area or we can work on an any other technology you would like to study. ~

    Giving the young cleverman a chance to think it over, Bullseye directed a two masked warriors to carry away a heavy vice with a target sighting attached to it, used to make sure the energy beam weapons didn’t move while being calibrated.
    Last edited by WraithTech; February 15th, 2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: forgot quotes in spoilers

  4. #84
    Lieutenant Colonel Isolde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Back to helping Todd rule the universe...
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    {Shrike}

    The data crystal turned over and over in Shrike's fingers as he considered his next move, barely acknowledging Rhys departure from the room as he read the tumbling glyphs in front of him. Was this information the Lanteans would find useful, and could it be another bargaining chip?

    Slotting the warmed tech into the console, he quickly ran the telemetry through the encryption process, and huffedin satisfaction when the cycle completed. He read it back quickly, amended a few points, and removed it from the terminal.

    Spinning on his heel, Shrike headed to the dart bay, linking with the Third, and sending advance warning to Bullseye of his return. ~I will be away from the Hive for some hours. Upon my return I expect it to be ready to go to hyperspace. Do I make myself clear? ~

    The mist at his feet spun in eddies, swirling at the hem of his coat, as he moved through the ship to his destination.

  5. #85
    Colonel Leeta's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Queen Sylvana's hive
    Posts
    6,307

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post


    {Rhys}

    Spoiler:
    This was unexpected. Rhys would have loved to stay and learn more about the strange ships but Shrike's order had been unequivocal. The Second was radiating impatience and agitation which was no wonder under these circumstances.

    Briefly baring his teeth in disappointment, Rhys nodded and backed away, aware that Shrike was hiding something from him. But Rhys had his orders and got work to do; the Second would not tolerate him lingering here and he pulled himself together.

    As he left, his thoughts were spinning around the question who these strange ships belonged to. Either the Travelers or the hostile alien race they knew pitiful little of. The Travelers usually didn't create fleets - that would make them vulnerable as it drew too much attention. Whatever Shrike planned, Rhys hoped they would not engage the strange ships in a battle; he could still feel the faint sensation of the hive's pain in his mind.

    Rhys was on his way to meet the Chief Engineer when a telepathic message of a drone teased him with a nice prospect - the human female he and Astor had converted had woken up. Astor will be delighted to hear of this, Rhys thought, curling his lips in a smirk that showed his sharp teeth. Sadly, I have no time to waste for her now, first I need to talk to the engineers.

    Rhys issued an order to the drone to contact Astor to let him know of the human. ~Relay to him, I will him meet him at the holding cell as soon as possible.~

    A dull sense of confirmation came back over the telepathic network. The drone would do as he was told.


    ((OOC: Feel free to do some converting, Leeta. ))



    {Astor} {Haeda}

    Astor walked the long corridors of the hive ship on his usual patrol. Patrolling was tiresome and he often found himself wishing that he was still on his former hive with his former pod brothers. Atleast his former hive had excitement on most days for him. He was lost in thought until a he sensed a presence approaching from ahead.

    A drone walked around the corner and stopped before Astor with information regarding the female prisioner Haeda. She would be ready for another round of converting and Rhys would meet with Astor after finishing up more important business. Astor nodded at the drone and dismissed him. He turned his heal and headed back towards the holding cell where the prisioner was waiting. I hope he doesn't expect me to wait for him. Astor smiled as he neared the holding cell area. He liked this human female for she was hot tempered and he enjoyed a little fight in his prey.

    He walked past the drones standing guard and the holding cells that held the normal prisioners. Some of them shouted at him reaching their hand out but he ignored them as he headed toward the cell Haeda was in. His footsteps slowed as he neared the special holding cell. He looked through the prision bars at Haeda who was sitting quietly in the corner with her eyes closed. She didn't seem to notice his presence. He let out a growl and she looked to see who was there. Her calm face turned angry and she quickly got up shouting at him.

    'Let me out of here!' She screamed and punched the hive wall. The delicious scent he enjoyed so much was in the air again. He closed his eyes briefly as he took her scent in. He glanced down the corridor and then at Haeda knowing he would be capable enough to handle her alone and entered the holding cell. The bars closed behind him and he walked over to the human female forcing her against the corner wall as he leaned over her short frame. She was pounding her fists against his chest in an attempt to push him away.

    What is he doing here by himself??

    'Get off me! What are you doing?!... Answer me!' She saw his feeding hand move towards her. She desperately tried a few kicks on him but he didn't seem to be bothered by them. He put more of his weight against her and placed his feeding hand lightly on her chest. Her hands grabbed his wrist tightly and looked up at him with anger in her eyes. 'Go ahead and do it. It will be a relief for me if I die.' He was close enough to her that she could feel his breath on her face.

    'You don't have to die. Serve us and you will be rewarded.' Astor flexed his feeding hand that was on her chest. He wasn't much for words especially human words. He hated having to talk out loud but since humans lacked telepathy he had no choice.

    'Who's us? I only see you in this cell. Where's that other wraith? Not that I miss him or anything because I'd like to give him some punches as well.' Haeda laughed. He bared his teeth at her and sunk his claws into her flesh as he started to take her life force. She gasped and her grip tightened on his wrist. He placed his other hand against the wall to support his weight. He closed his eyes as he tasted her sweet lifeforce once again. He wanted to take it all but knew he couldn't. As her limit was reached he placed her life back into her and she returned to normal. He opened his eyes again and watched her gasp for air. He remained close to her.

    'Serve us?' He widen his eyes and bared his teeth at her. She glared angrily up at him with a single tear falling from her face.

    'No.'

    Her tears was a sign of weakness and that she would break soon. Astor readied his feeding hand again for another round but suddenly sensed a presence outside the hive ship. It was alien and possibly hostile. He was in no mood to engage in battle but it was his duty to help his brothers first.

    Haeda looked at him expecting him to repeat what he did but found that he was standing there staring at her with his yellow eyes. As she was about to say something he suddenly hissed in her face and quickly left the holding cell leaving her alone once again.
    Last edited by Leeta; February 25th, 2011 at 02:02 AM. Reason: minor continuity edit
    The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

  6. #86
    Major General Draco-Stellaris's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pegasus galaxy
    Posts
    12,840

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    Quote Originally Posted by orbofnight View Post


    {Bullseye}
    Spoiler:
    <Dart Bay>

    One standard hour had passed during the testing of the dart weapons, the necessary portion having been concluded twenty minutes ago. Aside from masked warriors patrolling the area, the dart bay was now empty, save for Glade, Bullseye, and the group of blades. Helpful was it was to have the blades pitching in and testing the weapons, it was time to move on for all of them. They excused themselves from the technical conversation that would likely ensue and waited for the last two blades to bring their darts back and dock them, all of them having taken turns flying in small groups. They walked off to the game room, speculating on the strange new ships that were approaching Bakun.

    Bullseye nodded in acknowledgement to Glade. Bullseye had felt the calm mental presence of the newer Wraith on the hive, a presence that reminded him of clearings in the pine forests on the planet where he grew up. Yet, he hadn’t spoken to or worked with Glade in person. In fact, he was more than a little surprised the distanced apprentice had approached him.

    ~ Most of the remaining repairs consist of waiting, for both the hull to solidify and for the replacement parts to grow. We can join the other clevermen in the pod area or we can work on an any other technology you would like to study. ~

    Giving the young cleverman a chance to think it over, Bullseye directed a two masked warriors to carry away a heavy vice with a target sighting attached to it, used to make sure the energy beam weapons didn’t move while being calibrated.


    {Glade}

    <Dart Bay>

    Watching the vice with interest, Glade thought about Bullseye's offer. He was relieved that all necessary repairs were done, and he was glad to be offered the opportunity to study a technology of his choice. Usually he was just ordered about by the senior clevermen.

    ~If my assistance is not required for urgent repairs I would very much like to study the ship's sensor arrays with your permission. Especially with the foreign ships approaching Bakun this could be useful. I would like to know how to the incoming data is analysed to identify the ships.~

    Hoping his request hadn't been too bold he waited for Bullseye's reaction. Although he had not worked with him yet, Bullseye seemed to be a calm and focused man which Glade found reassuring as he didn't like to work with short-tempered tutors.




    {Rhys} {Chief Engineer} - NPC

    Locating the Chief Engineer had been the easy part; explaining to him what Rhys wanted had been somewhat tricky. The Chief Engineer was clearly in an impatient mood after he'd had to supervise all the urgent repairs. Nevertheless, Rhys had direct orders from the Second so the Chief Engineer would have to obey.

    ~Utmost priority you say?~ A hiss accompanied the question as the Chief Engineer straightened up to his full impressive height, glancing down at Rhys who was a couple of inches smaller.

    Hissing in response, Rhys motioned for the Chief Engineer to follow him to the nearest computer terminal. ~Come and see for yourself.~ Reluctant, the Chief Engineer came closer and bared his teeth at Rhys, but as he beheld the stolen Daedalus schematics his stance became attentive and his eyes widened. ~I have to agree, this is interesting and I see why it should be our priority to analyse it.~ He ran his fingers over the screen, greedily tracing the outlines of the battleship displayed.

    ~I will leave you now to play with your new toy,~ Rhys chuckled but the Chief Engineer was already deeply immersed in the plans. That's the right attitude, Rhys thought.

    Distracted the Chief Engineer called out to Rhys. ~Do not worry, I will work with my best men on this project. Shrike will see results very soon.~
    Last edited by Draco-Stellaris; February 21st, 2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: removed siggie

  7. #87
    Lieutenant General
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19,747

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio



    {Bullseye}, {Chief Engineer}

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
    Spoiler:


    {Glade}

    <Dart Bay>

    Watching the vice with interest, Glade thought about Bullseye's offer. He was relieved that all necessary repairs were done, and he was glad to be offered the opportunity to study a technology of his choice. Usually he was just ordered about by the senior clevermen.

    ~If my assistance is not required for urgent repairs I would very much like to study the ship's sensor arrays with your permission. Especially with the foreign ships approaching Bakun this could be useful. I would like to know how to the incoming data is analysed to identify the ships.~

    Hoping his request hadn't been too bold he waited for Bullseye's reaction. Although he had not worked with him yet, Bullseye seemed to be a calm and focused man which Glade found reassuring as he didn't like to work with short-tempered tutors.
    Bullseye nodded in agreement with Glade’s reasonable request. ~ We have plenty of time to inspect the sensors. All that is left of the repairs are some heat-seared arteries connecting some of the hibernation pods. They are the least priority because hibernation isn’t an option for the hive any time soon, but will be repaired within the next hour or two anyhow.

    You are correct, inspecting the sensors sounds like a good idea to make sure they are in perfect working order. We’ll start with the main sensor cluster at the front of the ship.~

    Walking with Glade to the nearest transporter, he responded to two telepathic inquiries.

    Quote Originally Posted by Isolde View Post
    Spoiler:
    {Shrike}
    Spinning on his heel, Shrike headed to the dart bay, linking with the Third, and sending advance warning to Bullseye of his return. ~I will be away from the Hive for some hours. Upon my return I expect it to be ready to go to hyperspace. Do I make myself clear? ~
    Remotely accessing the hive’s computer network, Bullseye retrieved the measurements for the curing rate of the new hull growth. Based on that that rate of speed, he calculated that a few hours would be more than enough to allow the hive to be ready for hyperspace flight again. With no technological concerns regarding this timeframe, he responded affirmatively.

    ~Understood, Sir.~

    {Chief Engineer} – NPC

    Looking over the Daedalus schematics, the Chief Engineer remembered that Bullseye had been on board the ship. His mind reached out to the cleverman. ~Show me your memories of the Daedalus.~

    As the imagery of the memories came to him, the Chief Engineer laughed dryly. The curious Wraith had walked through almost the entire ship when he had directed the masked warriors to gather up the unconscious human crew. He had looked over everything and committed it to memory. That was an unexpected bonus before the memories of the complex engineering room interface streamed to him: cold, box-like consoles, laden with many series of small screens, levers, knobs, and a seemingly endless array of multi-colored buttons.

  8. #88
    Major RogueRanger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Heaven on Earth, Home with Mom and Dad
    Posts
    2,558

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueRanger View Post
    Spoiler:
    Now she had a point for her spear, Reese was pleased. Should she reveal her contact or not. There was little risk, if Thalinus betrayed her, Reese would simply dispose of him. "Bain Fadel, the mayor's daughter. She is somewhat of a priestess among her worshippers, they are something of two hunderd strong scattered across several worlds, yet she is only eighteen of her years. Strong willed, but a willow of a body." She looked him over again and nodded. "Come we will go and see Third and find out how well I stand in his esteem."


    <<To Bridge>>
    As Reese walked swiftly from her room to the bridge she spoke softly to Thalinus. "When we meet with Third, bow your head, do not speak unless spoken to and when you do, only honesty will serve, understood?"

    Moving forward towards the bridge where she would find Third she reached out to him. ~Left Hand of my Father I would speak to you of great import and I need a request granted. I also bring the re-captured Worshipper and Mercenary Thalinus. He is now under my protection and mine to command~

    (OOC I'm calling Bart, Izzy)

  9. #89
    Captain KyshaMalini's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Thinking the wraith into existence.
    Posts
    1,701

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    As he followed Reese to the bridge, Thalinus listened to her warning. Privately he wondered if Reese thought him a complete fool, that he would not show the necessary respect towards this wraith while he himself was in such a precarious position. One wrong move could cost him his life; his arrogance would not serve him well as things currently stood. "Understood, Mistress."

    As they approached the Third, he followed respectfully behind her, and bowed his head as instructed.

  10. #90
    Lieutenant Colonel Isolde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Back to helping Todd rule the universe...
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    {Third-in-Command}

    The Wraith looked up from the controls as he felt the two humans enter the bridge. "What is it?" he asked, irritated to have been taken from his tasks. The weapon system currently needed an overhaul, and though it was a mundane task, aspects could only be dealt with from here. "Be quick, child."

    ((OOC - You wanna call the Third 'Bart'?))

  11. #91
    Major RogueRanger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Heaven on Earth, Home with Mom and Dad
    Posts
    2,558

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    Quote Originally Posted by Isolde View Post
    {Third-in-Command}
    Spoiler:


    The Wraith looked up from the controls as he felt the two humans enter the bridge. "What is it?" he asked, irritated to have been taken from his tasks. The weapon system currently needed an overhaul, and though it was a mundane task, aspects could only be dealt with from here. "Be quick, child."

    ((OOC - You wanna call the Third 'Bart'?))


    Being annoyed was part of her make-up, but she refused to show it..for the moment. Reese simply stood there with her usual haughtiness. ~You seem bothered by my intrusion Left-Hand? Never mind, you might enjoy this~ She leaned back a little, he was of course somewhat taller than herself. "My follower here has some intelligence I and we need to confirm, it may prove vital as to who is behind these strange ships and attacks on other hives, not to mention the dissappearance of our 'food' source all over the galaxy." She turned to Thalinus. "Speak, tell Third of your sightings of this rebel Genii faction on Nibiru."

  12. #92
    Lieutenant Colonel Isolde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Back to helping Todd rule the universe...
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    {Third-in-Command}

    "Speak then, human, and be quick." Third stepped away from the central dais, and drew closer to the Worshipper. "If there is news of the Genii, and how this might affect our herds, you must tell." He leaned down and purred into the human's ear, his breath hot against the man's flesh. "You will be amply rewarded."

    *****

    {Shrike}

    The dart bay was quet as he entered it, and Shrike strode purposefully along the narrow bridge to where his craft sat waiting for him. Placing a hand on the slightly warmer hull, Shrike meshed briefly with its organic AI, and hopped lightly up into the cockpit; the chair adjusted to him as the canopy sealed above his head.

    Under his fingers the controls came to life, and he fired the engines, bringing the sleek nose of the machine to point outwards. Banking her smoothly, Shrike shot out into space, bringing her round to aim at the Lantean city. As he manoeuvred, his off hand slotted the data crystal into the console, and began reading the data, strengthening the encryption.

    He could begin broadcasting it soon.

    Reaching for the Third's mind, the Wraith realised that ones attention was taken up by an interesting circumstance. Yet more information that could well assist them in goal to achieve an alliance with the humans. Still, Shrike couldn't help the involuntary snarl that bubbled to his lips; it sat ill with him.

    ~Do not damage this human ~ he instructed ~he has value to us ~
    Last edited by Isolde; February 19th, 2011 at 02:15 AM.

  13. #93
    Lieutenant Colonel Isolde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Back to helping Todd rule the universe...
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    ((OOC - Shrike will continue to Atlantis, and will broadcast the telemetry to them regarding the ships heading for Bakun. Other than that, is there anything else we need to know about, Mel, to get these threads to a single point? ))

  14. #94
    Major General Draco-Stellaris's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pegasus galaxy
    Posts
    12,840

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio



    {Rhys}

    Satisfied that his first task was done, Rhys walked towards the bridge, following the telepathic signature of the daughter. The closer he got, the more grumpy he became though. The signals coming back over the telepathic network indicated she was in a conversation with the Third. Better not interrupt them now. Instead he entered the bridge as inconspicuous as he could and faded into the background, observing what was going on. The child was talking to the Third and a human male was with them, wearing a strange armour.

  15. #95
    Lieutenant General
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19,747

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio



    {Bullseye}

    Bullseye walked casually out of the transporter and stopped to pick up a data tablet along the way to the sensor cluster. He wanted to make the lesson as interactive as possible so that Glade would have hands-on experience, not just transmitted memories and facts; one never knew if the lives of everyone on the hive would depend on it later.

    He brought up the sensor cluster’s readings on the data tablet and showed the young Wraith the parts of the sensors, how they worked together and fed into the data readings, and how to maintain and repair them. In between practice drills, he tried to get to know the promising new cleverman better.

    ~ I understand you are interested in wormhole physics. That knowledge will be of great benefit. It is too bad there are not any Ancient builders around to capture and convert to show us more.~

  16. #96
    Lieutenant Colonel Isolde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Back to helping Todd rule the universe...
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    {Shrike}

    The needle-like craft sped towards Atlantis, and the Second began to broadcast as soon he came in range. Throttling forward, Shrike flew the dart to her very limits, wondering if all he'd meet would be a barrage of Ancient drones, or one of Earth's fighters. Whatever happened, it would be glorious, and he chuckled to himself.

    "Atlantis... do not fire. I repeat. Do. Not. Fire." He sent the telemetry through a secure channel, one only the Lanteans and this thrice damned Alliance knew about. "There are ships heading for Bakun..."

  17. #97
    Major General Draco-Stellaris's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pegasus galaxy
    Posts
    12,840

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    Quote Originally Posted by orbofnight View Post


    {Bullseye}

    Spoiler:
    Bullseye walked casually out of the transporter and stopped to pick up a data tablet along the way to the sensor cluster. He wanted to make the lesson as interactive as possible so that Glade would have hands-on experience, not just transmitted memories and facts; one never knew if the lives of everyone on the hive would depend on it later.

    He brought up the sensor cluster’s readings on the data tablet and showed the young Wraith the parts of the sensors, how they worked together and fed into the data readings, and how to maintain and repair them. In between practice drills, he tried to get to know the promising new cleverman better.

    ~ I understand you are interested in wormhole physics. That knowledge will be of great benefit. It is too bad there are not any Ancient builders around to capture and convert to show us more.~
    {Glade}

    With eager attention Glade absorbed all the details Bullseye explained to him about the sensors, admiring the complex connections and filaments working together in organic perfection. When Bullseye began talking about wormhole physics, Glade was deep in thought and needed a moment to adjust to the new topic. ~Yes, wormhole physics fascinate me and I find it frustrating that we can use the Portals and manipulate them but still lack essential knowledge on them.~

    His eyes took on a dreamy expression as he imagined all the things they could do if they had indeed Ancients around to assist them. ~If only we could harness the the chaotic force of wormholes to create a means of propulsion - it would be much, much faster than any hyperdrive. Yet the power requirements would be immense.~ He looked at Bullseye to see if he was interested because Glade wouldn't want to bore him with this silly daydream. ~It's my little daydream and I hope some day I will get the opportunity to build such an engine.~

    Encouraged by Bullseye's interest, Glade dared to ask a question of his own. ~Do you have any special projects you would like to pursue?~

    (OOC: Glade is referring to wormhole drives like the one Zelenka engineered in 'Enemy at the gate')

  18. #98
    Lieutenant General
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19,747

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
    Spoiler:
    {Glade}

    With eager attention Glade absorbed all the details Bullseye explained to him about the sensors, admiring the complex connections and filaments working together in organic perfection. When Bullseye began talking about wormhole physics, Glade was deep in thought and needed a moment to adjust to the new topic. ~Yes, wormhole physics fascinate me and I find it frustrating that we can use the Portals and manipulate them but still lack essential knowledge on them.~

    His eyes took on a dreamy expression as he imagined all the things they could do if they had indeed Ancients around to assist them. ~If only we could harness the the chaotic force of wormholes to create a means of propulsion - it would be much, much faster than any hyperdrive. Yet the power requirements would be immense.~ He looked at Bullseye to see if he was interested because Glade wouldn't want to bore him with this silly daydream. ~It's my little daydream and I hope some day I will get the opportunity to build such an engine.~

    Encouraged by Bullseye's interest, Glade dared to ask a question of his own. ~Do you have any special projects you would like to pursue?~

    (OOC: Glade is referring to wormhole drives like the one Zelenka engineered in 'Enemy at the gate')


    {Bullseye}

    Bullseye sensed that his lessons on the ship’s sensory input were being understood and eagerly absorbed. He was glad to have another cleverman on board who liked to accumulate knowledge for the sake of knowledge, like their old Commander.

    His eyes widened, impressed with Glade’s ambitions, then stopped blinking as he peered intently at the readings from the ships nearing Bakun before answering the last question. With almost 6,000 years of life experience, he could have accomplished more notable feats or risen in rank, but he had no political ambitions, valued his free time, and chose to divide on-duty time between learning skills from both blades and clevermen. Not specializing made him well-rounded, but outclassed in every field. Enjoying his own life took precedence, especially in these uncertain times that almost saw him dead aboard the Daedalus and turned each time he had to feed into a risk that the Hoffan plague would make it has last. Yet, there was one area he wanted to know more about, and like Glade’s field of interest, the lost knowledge made it difficult.

    ~ I most enjoy working with organic technology. Learning more about hive maintenance and reconfiguration is an interest, but those with such knowledge are rarer than ever. I hope time and fortune favor us both in our goals. This hive is the most likely one to give us those chances.~

  19. #99
    Captain KyshaMalini's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Thinking the wraith into existence.
    Posts
    1,701

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    Quote Originally Posted by Isolde View Post
    Spoiler:
    {Third-in-Command}

    "Speak then, human, and be quick." Third stepped away from the central dais, and drew closer to the Worshipper. "If there is news of the Genii, and how this might affect our herds, you must tell." He leaned down and purred into the human's ear, his breath hot against the man's flesh. "You will be amply rewarded."

    *****

    {Shrike}

    The dart bay was quet as he entered it, and Shrike strode purposefully along the narrow bridge to where his craft sat waiting for him. Placing a hand on the slightly warmer hull, Shrike meshed briefly with its organic AI, and hopped lightly up into the cockpit; the chair adjusted to him as the canopy sealed above his head.

    Under his fingers the controls came to life, and he fired the engines, bringing the sleek nose of the machine to point outwards. Banking her smoothly, Shrike shot out into space, bringing her round to aim at the Lantean city. As he manoeuvred, his off hand slotted the data crystal into the console, and began reading the data, strengthening the encryption.

    He could begin broadcasting it soon.

    Reaching for the Third's mind, the Wraith realised that ones attention was taken up by an interesting circumstance. Yet more information that could well assist them in goal to achieve an alliance with the humans. Still, Shrike couldn't help the involuntary snarl that bubbled to his lips; it sat ill with him.

    ~Do not damage this human ~ he instructed ~he has value to us ~


    {Thalinus}

    He worked to ignore the wraith's proximity as he began once again to recount the information he had gleaned. "My last contact with the leader of the rebel Genii, Sora, was on a planet known as Nibiru. They left the planet in a ship of unknown alien origin, and shortly after their departure a large population, numbering several hundred people, where seen to be beamed off the planet. This is not the first world I have known this to have occur on."
    Last edited by KyshaMalini; February 22nd, 2011 at 11:07 AM.

  20. #100
    Lieutenant Colonel Isolde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Back to helping Todd rule the universe...
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrectio

    {Third-in-Command}

    The Wraith hissed, and rose, swayed snakelike as his demon eyes considered the human. "Other planets you say?" His feeding hand stretched, enzyme running to the tips of his talons. "How many?"

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 362
    Last Post: March 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM
  2. Replies: 538
    Last Post: February 20th, 2011, 12:54 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: November 22nd, 2010, 06:15 PM
  4. Stargate Atlantis - iO9: Todd Masters/MastersFX
    By morjana in forum SGA News (Archive)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 14th, 2008, 04:32 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 24th, 2005, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •