Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Christopher Eccleston were still the Doctor...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by January View Post
    Ten is so dark and lonely, Nine never was as dark as Ten is.
    I thought Nine was a pretty dark and angry Doctor. Ten is my favorite Doctor but I didn't think he was as dark as Nine.

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
      I loved the 9th Doctor. What I've found with some of my friends that first started watching DW with Matt Smith, however, is that they won't even give 9 a chance because he's quieter and more broody than the super energetic craziness of 10 and 11. The pilot bores them, but then again there's definitely more interesting 9 episodes if I could get them to watch them.
      Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      I thought Nine was a pretty dark and angry Doctor. Ten is my favorite Doctor but I didn't think he was as dark as Nine.
      With Eleven as my favorite, watching Nine's episodes has been an interesting contrast. Much darker than either Ten or Eleven I thought. This Doctor just got off the front lines of the Time War and it showed. I like his fire. Now seeing what the Doctor was like during the height of the Time War, seeing the full fury of a Time Lord (we saw glimpses of that with the Master), that would be dark indeed.
      sigpic

Comment

Yes, I would. I like Nine and Ten more than Eleven
        sigpic

Comment

Personally, from the latest 3 Doctors, Eccleston is my favourite. Had he gone on to do 2 or 3 seasons more, the competition between Eccleston and Tennant would be much closer. Sadly, because Eccleston was "the guy who did that one year" when compared to the era David Tennant gave us, then viewers preference is understandably inevitably in favor of the latter.

That's not to say Tennant was a bad Doctor, he was brilliant. I must say I wasn't a fan of his first season, but that was him settling in. But come season 3 when they gave him his own companion after 1 year's experience in the role, he made it his own quite well. Of course, Tennant has appeared in some of my all time favourite episodes of the overall classic and revived series. But, at the end of the day, my preference for Eccelston stems from the fact that I felt more persuaded by his portrayal of an alien who was in the process of recovering from the genocide of his race.

In being unsure of himself, he was unsure of humans. Tennant's Doctor seemed far too comfortable and perhaps too human himself. For me, in his first season, Tennant brought too much charm and vivaciousness to the character for me. But again, in his later years he went on to do some remarkably unpredictable things.

But yes, had Eccleston gone on to do subsequent seasons, I would have been there the whole way as i'm sure his best performances were yet to have been filmed. My feeling here is that in being a non-fan of the show, Eccleston brought some abstract qualities to the show due to his unfamiliarity with it. That's the type of actor i'd like to see cast next time around.

I should also say, from the new Doctors, Matt Smith is my second favourite as he has that alien quality that was lacking in Tennant's portrayal, so it's interesting to see some of that back

Comment

Hell yeah. Eccleston was awesome, and I was very sad he left so soon especially as I never really took to Tennant. Am very happy with Smithy though.

Comment

Working...
            X