Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Christopher Eccleston were still the Doctor...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Christopher Eccleston were still the Doctor...

..., would you still be watching?
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Yes, he was my first Doctor and I love him, just because David was better doesn't mean Chris wasn't great.

Comment

Yeah. I loved Eccleston as the Doctor. I do admit that Tennant was my favourite, but I have always been a bit disappointed that he never stayed around long enough for the show to hit it's stride and really come into it's own.

sigpic

Comment

Absolutely. Chris Eccleston was a fantastic Doctor, and left far too soon.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Indeed. Eccelston was a great Doctor, and yes, he did leave too soon.
          sigpic
          Don't touch Lola

Comment

I love Nine! Would have loved to see him for more Doctor Who.
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I'd watch it no matter who was playing The Doctor. If there's one thing the BBC is great at it's casting.

Comment

Originally posted by hart37 View Post
                I'd watch it no matter who was playing The Doctor. If there's one thing the BBC is great at it's casting.
                This.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Far too soon indeed.

I would definitely still be watching if Mr. Eccleston was still around. When I first started watching Doctor Who he was who I started with (I watched all four series in a row during January of '09) and when Tennant came around I wanted Nine back....at first.

I loved Nine, not as much as Ten but I definitely wish we got to see more of him. Maybe a anniversary special in the future?

Comment

All 3 of the NuWho Doctors (Eccleston, Tennant and Smith) are great, which is why I chose to start this thread. But, if Christopher hadn't left the series, I can honestly imagine how all of David Tennants episodes would have turned out if Christopher Eccleston had stayed in the role. They would have still been good (except for Love & Monsters, no Doctor can save that one ), and it would have allowed Christopher to complete the obligatory 5 year contract.

Maybe that's just me though.
                    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I would definitely still be watching. Though the Eleventh is my current favorite, the Ninth was my first Doctor and I think he left us far too soon.
                      sigpic

Comment

The show itself would have been very different if Chris was still the Doctor, Nine is so not like Ten in any way...

Comment

Originally posted by January View Post
                          The show itself would have been very different if Chris was still the Doctor, Nine is so not like Ten in any way...
                          I don't know I think Nine and Ten had some similarities, such as their feelings for Rose.

Comment

I loved the 9th Doctor. What I've found with some of my friends that first started watching DW with Matt Smith, however, is that they won't even give 9 a chance because he's quieter and more broody than the super energetic craziness of 10 and 11. The pilot bores them, but then again there's definitely more interesting 9 episodes if I could get them to watch them.

Comment

Ten is so dark and lonely, Nine never was as dark as Ten is.

Comment

Working...
                              X