TNG Lower Decks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TNG Lower Decks

Sorry for another stupid question but I'm confused about this episode. Sure Ro would of been a much better then Sito on the mssion
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Why?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Cause she has more experience on a starship then Sito.
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
        Sorry for another stupid question but I'm confused about this episode. Sure Ro would of been a much better then Sito on the mssion
        Was Ro even assigned to Enterprise at the time? Kind of hard to have her shipped in for a spur-of-the-moment mission.

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
          Cause she has more experience on a starship then Sito.
          That negates the whole point of Lower Decks. We always know everything because we see it from the senior staff's eyes. This episode was to show what its like to be seen through the "gruntmen" if you will.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            That negates the whole point of Lower Decks. We always know everything because we see it from the senior staff's eyes. This episode was to show what its like to be seen through the "gruntmen" if you will.
            Plus, I believe the episode itself was to give attention to Sito and to see how she was doing after the events of "The First Duty". I don't believe the episode would have been as good or had such a powerful ending if they had brought in Ro again (as she'd not have been killed off), or if they had used any other character, Bajoran or not.

I've always enjoyed seeing things from the lowest rank point of view. TNG had this, VOY did it, Babylon 5 did it. It's always interesting to see things from the nobody point of view. The characters who are glorified extras for a single episode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X