This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    The problem in this case isn't statistics. There's a reason why news articles keep identifying a new food or beverage that either causes or cures cancer. It's because science is a compilation of studies repeated and done with variation to point to general trends.
    Sorry to break it to you but 99% of these studies were ordered and payed for by multinational corps. Only the serious scientific papers are to be considered as legit, which literally 99.9% of the world population including myself doesn't read. Eventually if the proof is implacable, it kind of becomes "official" to everybody. Doesnt mean the study itself is bogus, just has a very limited scope. Exactly like the Kavanaugh investigation. But you should know there are major false-studies scams that were exposed, and they were published in scientific revues.

People like gluten-free stuff? they'll drop in a study that shows the bad effects of gluten. Then there are lobbyists building dams in the Govt regulations processes to keep their product on the shelves. The truth is there, but you need to dig for it, which most people don't.

It took over 20 years of class-action lawsuits to get the biggest cigarettes companies to even admit that their product causes lung cancer. Think about how Tesla was publicly shamed and portrayed as a fool for going against the big coal industry.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      For one thing, it's too cold to live in Canada in the winter weather. Smart folks stay in warmer climates.
      Well, since Canada (or anyone else who thinks we should accept all comers and pay for their existence) will be providing them with housing and all the other necessities of life at their taxpayer expense, they won't be out in the cold, will they?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Well, since Canada (or anyone else who thinks we should accept all comers and pay for their existence) will be providing them with housing and all the other necessities of life at their taxpayer expense, they won't be out in the cold, will they?
        Who said that?
        No one on the left has said that, no one on the right has said it either.
        Before you dig up some "quote" about it, look into the context of the quote, and who it actually applies to.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

A Game of Thrones quote from the book made me realize maybe just why we think so differently than Americans. During winter the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. We're all comfy in our heated homes now but our ancestors didn't have that luxury. You realize that to survive winter you need to stick together and provide shelter and food to those who needs it.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            A Game of Thrones quote from the book made me realize maybe just why we think so differently than Americans. During winter the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. We're all comfy in our heated homes now but our ancestors didn't have that luxury. You realize that to survive winter you need to stick together and provide shelter and food to those who needs it.
            Flaw with that theory, at least in regards to the immigration debate... it's not the same wolf pack. Why isn't the other pack responsible for its own members?

Comment

Thankfully not everybody thinks like you.
              Spoiler:

Comment

so any thoughts on the Government's latest hitjob against Avenatti?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                  so any thoughts on the Government's latest hitjob against Avenatti?
                  Not sure, too early to judge anything as the information is wonky as hell.
                  sigpic

Comment

Discrimination, anyone? Funny, I thought you weren't allowed to discriminate based on gender. Little did I know.

Dem lawmaker: 'There's plenty of competent females' that can be Speaker instead of Pelosi

Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) said Wednesday that a congresswoman besides Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) should be the House Speaker.

“There’s plenty of really competent females that we can replace her with,” Ryan told reporters, before listing people such as Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio) as potential candidates, The New York Times reported Thursday.
                    What, they don't have any competent males?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      Not sure, too early to judge anything as the information is wonky as hell.
                      Waiting on Annoyed to cry for character assassination.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

You shouldn't encourage the trolls
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I was merely pointing out his absence of reaction, I wonder why that is so?
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Flaw with that theory, at least in regards to the immigration debate... it's not the same wolf pack. Why isn't the other pack responsible for its own members?
                            Have you considered that they mean that everyone is part of the wolf pack, as in all of us?
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              Have you considered that they mean that everyone is part of the wolf pack, as in all of us?
                              Yes, but our species, at its current level of technical development is not ready for an "everybody looks after everybody" attitude yet. Once there is no need to compete for resources, maybe. But 'till then, tribalism is the smartest approach for any individual or group to take.

Comment

Yes, but our species, at its current level of technical development is not ready for an "everybody looks after everybody" attitude yet. Once there is no need to compete for resources, maybe. But 'till then, tribalism is the smartest approach for any individual or group to take.
                                If another pack made such a technology, why would they share it with you?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X