This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    No one is asking you to be, and despite your belief, not all immigrants, or refugees want to go to America.
    Its why I moved into your shed
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Its why I moved into your shed
      I'm not sure if my next house will have a shed, but you are welcome to it if it does Jel.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I can live in the attic scaring the children.
        Some fear is healthy
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Attics don't really exist here, not in our design history.
          Big holes with no light?
          More accurate.
          sigpic

Comment

An Australian pit? Sounds medieval to me.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              An Australian pit? Sounds medieval to me.
              It's what happened. We threw people into solitary for a long period of our history.
              I don't like it, but nor can I deny it either.
              sigpic

Comment

Attics don't really exist here, not in our design history.
                Big holes with no light?
                More accurate.
                We call that a basement
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  We call that a basement
                  No wonder your kids have issues.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't know man we only have igloos here, the rest of us are up in the trees.
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

So, you should actually be a Tuan-Taun riding Wookie?
                      sigpic

Comment

Probably all that maple syrup you drink
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Wrong. I'm riding cannoes with the devil.
                          https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chasse-galerie

Have a read, be entertained.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            job discrimination & socio economic factors be damned

incidentally since you brought up gun control a few posts back - or rather "clothes control" in this case but let's get back to gun control - here's a question I've always wondered what do you (and the NRA etc.) have against Background Checks? as long as those are performed by a "neutral" party these can't affect the normal citizen's rights so what's the NRA's beef against that? you really think the founding fathers would've been against?
                            same question for Waiting Periods
                            For me, that right there is the problem. Who is to guarantee the checks are performed by neutral parties? In some states, legislation has been put forth (it may be law by now) if a person makes an accusation against someone by filling out some form with a court, the person accused will be denied a permit. That's all, simply one person accusing another will deny that person the permit. I think you can understand how that will be misused.

There is simply no way to ensure that the people doing the checks will be neutral, and in many regions where the govt. favors gun control, such as blue states, it's a good bet that the deciders will be anti-gun.

Comment

Law enforcement without justice is totalitarian.
                              So, making special exemptions for people who break the law is justice? Boy, Australia must be a screwed up place.

Justice is the evenhanded application of the law, without special favors. The Public Charge laws have been on the books for more than a hundred years. What exactly is wrong with enforcing them?

But hey, if that's the way you want it, as I've said before, get your government to start sending ships to pick them up and transport them to Australia, you folks can provide their welfare, free cell phones, free health care, free whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                So, making special exemptions for people who break the law is justice? Boy, Australia must be a screwed up place.
                                No, that's not justice.
                                Justice is the evenhanded application of the law, without special favors.
                                True, but you just ignored the courts and judges having the ability to determine -punishment-.
                                The law can determine what is or is not a crime, that is very much it's role. You deny that role, you deny the courts reason to exist.
                                Hence, totalitarian.
                                The Public Charge laws have been on the books for more than a hundred years. What exactly is wrong with enforcing them?
                                Nothing??
                                But hey, if that's the way you want it, as I've said before, get your government to start sending ships to pick them up and transport them to Australia, you folks can provide their welfare, free cell phones, free health care, free whatever.
                                Because only "immigrants" benefit from such notions?
                                God you are simple.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X