Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And all along the st Lawrence up to septisles in Quebec, my dad side comes from a farm there.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I think I voted for this guy
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Yeah, I read an article about that.. I was thinking that you might not be happy with that result.

Not that I understand your country's political situation, it looks like your version of Conservative / Republicans won.
        That's not what bothers me.
        2 things bother me.
        1: Preference voting
        2: "winning" without a majority which gives very minor parties far more political clout than they deserve as they must be pandered to.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          In other news, our election was the expected cluster-**** you might expect. Womble, do you guys have this stupid preference thing in party voting, or are all parties in the Knesset individual entities when voting?
          That's one ridiculous quirk we don't have.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
            That's one ridiculous quirk we don't have.
            You're lucky.
            sigpic

Comment

That's not what bothers me.
              2 things bother me.
              1: Preference voting
              2: "winning" without a majority which gives very minor parties far more political clout than they deserve as they must be pandered to.
              Sounds a bit like the goal is similar to our EC system, where the large urban areas can't silence the sparsely populated rural areas.

Comment

Sounds a bit like the goal is similar to our EC system, where the large urban areas can't silence the sparsely populated rural areas.
                Nothing remotely like that.
                sigpic

Comment

Nothing remotely like that.
                  I do hope nothing resembles the EC in any shape or form.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                    I do hope nothing resembles the EC in any shape or form.
                    Yeah, the voices of the people in rural areas shouldn't be heard, right?

Comment

Actually yes, precisely. One vote is one vote, cows don't get to vote.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

They deserve to be heard, just as much as anyone else.
                        That's what you don't get, you want "rural voters" to carry more weight than "urban voters". 10 urban voters don't even equate to 1 rural voter in the US, but as their thinking aligns with yours, you like it that way. Flip it around with the same rules, and you would be calling for the dismantling of the EC faster than Donnie boy can tweet something stupid.
                        Again, you place what you want over what the majority wants, because it's convenient for you.
                        It should NEVER work that way.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                          Actually yes, precisely. One vote is one vote, cows don't get to vote.
                          MOO-rons?
                          sigpic

Comment

They deserve to be heard, just as much as anyone else.
                            That's what you don't get, you want "rural voters" to carry more weight than "urban voters". 10 urban voters don't even equate to 1 rural voter in the US, but as their thinking aligns with yours, you like it that way. Flip it around with the same rules, and you would be calling for the dismantling of the EC faster than Donnie boy can tweet something stupid.
                            Again, you place what you want over what the majority wants, because it's convenient for you.
                            It should NEVER work that way.
                            No, the problem is it's a numbers game. Unless the outnumbered rural voters are given more weight, they have no voice.

Comment

No, the problem is it's a numbers game. Unless the outnumbered rural voters are given more weight, they have no voice.
                              So, your solution is to give more to less?
                              sigpic

Comment

Don't forget the gerrymandering. Why does everyone forget the gerrymandering?
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X