This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    You still don't grasp the simple concept of keeping your pants on, do you?

And the unborn are innocent. Not true of criminals.
    And you can't seem to grasp it's not that simple
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      And you can't seem to grasp it's not that simple
      It really is that simple. Since the (biblical) birth of Jesus Christ to the virgin Mary, has there even been one documented instance of a woman getting pregnant without having sexual relations with the sperm donor?

Comment

You missed the point again
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          You missed the point again
          Well, one of us is.

I do not concede that we are animals, and that we have to have sex. We are human beings, with minds, and we are perfectly capable of making intelligent choices. Or stupid ones.

Comment

We also have the capability to give a second chance to another fellow human, your way is radical. And you know damn well it doesn't matter if its legal or not, women used to abort themselves with crude means.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Of course, you know I'm not talking solely about pregnancy as "stupid choices", right?
              Equally stupid is the kid who decides to ignore the free education offered by the public school system and hang out with his pals in the street instead. Or the many other ways people choose to screw their lives up.

Comment

Of course, you know I'm not talking solely about pregnancy as "stupid choices", right?
                Equally stupid is the kid who decides to ignore the free education offered by the public school system and hang out with his pals in the street instead. Or the many other ways people choose to screw their lives up.
                What's your point then? Choices (stupid in your own words) have been made. Society has to deal with the outcomes. What do you propose? Send the kids to Peter Pan?
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I do not concede that we are animals, and that we have to have sex. We are human beings, with minds, and we are perfectly capable of making intelligent choices. Or stupid ones.
                  What precisely is the evidence in favor of your theory?

Because there's a sizable body of research that refutes the concept of humans as rational agents, faithfully seeking maximum utility achievable given current knowledge. We are constantly under influence of a multitude of cognitive biases and emotional states which make our decision-making sub-optimal to say the least. If you're free of those, you run on a lithium battery.

There is plentiful statistical evidence that telling people to "keep their pants on" does not in fact reduce pregnancy rates, including in no-welfare societies. It's up there with "don't forget" at the bottom of the pile of useless phrases.
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                    There is no such thing as evidences in Annoyed's theories. You're on a fool's quest Womble.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Of course their is. Evidence that backs his decades old conclusion. Everything else is liberal propaganda. Remember that 2011 guy at that conference who said politicians were profiting off global warming
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                        What's your point then? Choices (stupid in your own words) have been made. Society has to deal with the outcomes. What do you propose? Send the kids to Peter Pan?
                        Originally posted by Womble View Post

Because there's a sizable body of research that refutes the concept of humans as rational agents, faithfully seeking maximum utility achievable given current knowledge. We are constantly under influence of a multitude of cognitive biases and emotional states which make our decision-making sub-optimal to say the least. If you're free of those, you run on a lithium battery.

There is plentiful statistical evidence that telling people to "keep their pants on" does not in fact reduce pregnancy rates, including in no-welfare societies. It's up there with "don't forget" at the bottom of the pile of useless phrases.
                        In the US, at least, for the past 3/4 century or so, there has been the background knowledge that the state(taxpayers) will pick up the tab for people's stupid decisions. This is part of the background fabric of the society.

What I suspect will happen is that if that is removed; it becomes part of the background fabric that no one will pick up the tab for people's stupid choices, they will have a far more powerful incentive to not screw up.

Comment

You still don't grasp the simple concept of keeping your pants on, do you?
                          You still don't grasp the simple concept of what's done is done, do you?

if you can make a time machine to go back to the past & tell the woman to keep her pants on & prevent the embryo from being created in the first place then hey do it you'll secure a Nobel too

and your smartphone's also innocent

And the unborn are innocent. Not true of criminals.
                          reality check they're the same person unless you think a body-swap happened somewhere along the way

I do not concede that we are animals
                          I thought you weren't religious?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            You still don't grasp the simple concept of what's done is done, do you?

if you can make a time machine to go back to the past & tell the woman to keep her pants on & prevent the embryo from being created in the first place then hey do it you'll secure a Nobel too
                            There is no need to invent a time machine. If the man and woman keep their pants on to begin with, the problem never occurs. People should be responsible for their poor choices. If some isn't in a position to raise a child, they have no business creating one.

and your smartphone's also innocent

reality check they're the same person unless you think a body-swap happened somewhere along the way

I thought you weren't religious?
                            The infant (born or unborn) is innocent. If it makes poor choices in its life, such as to bomb schools/churches/whatever, it is no longer innocent due to those choices. And it should be held responsible.

Comment

There is no need to invent a time machine. If the man and woman keep their pants on to begin with, the problem never occurs. People should be responsible for their poor choices. If some isn't in a position to raise a child, they have no business creating one.
                              cept you're also making an innocent person pay (for the poor choices of the parents) by denying them help

The infant (born or unborn) is innocent. If it makes poor choices in its life, such as to bomb schools/churches/whatever, it is no longer innocent due to those choices. And it should be held responsible.
                              yet it's the same person for whose life you fought & now push to have it terminated

which goes to show the true goal of the GOP & Prolife(tm) movement which is Government control

Comment

cept you're also making an innocent person pay (for the poor choices of the parents) by denying them help
                                No, I'm saying that the parents should do whatever they have to do to take care of their own offspring which they created. If they have to quit whatever they are doing and work 4 crappy low-wage jobs to do that, so be it. That child is the result of their choices, and it is their responsibility. No one else. If someone doesn't want to accept that, they can keep their pants on and the issue never arises.

yet it's the same person for whose life you fought & now push to have it terminated

which goes to show the true goal of the GOP & Prolife(tm) movement which is Government control
                                So, if someone decides to blow up a public structure & kill a crapload of people, they shouldn't be held accountable?

Comment

Working...
                                X