This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Ummm... We don't HAVE nuclear power small enough to be used in cars/trucks. Or Motorcycles. If we did, or another equivalent portable energy source, you might get a car or bike like that.

Haven't I been saying all along we don't have the required tech. yet so we must be patient?
    No, you've been saying that we should stick to pure gasoline cars with low gas mileage...you don't even want high gas mileage cars. You don't want hybrids and you don't want gas stations to set up charging stations for EV. You've been pretty clear on that.

No, I'm saying and have been saying all along that it shouldn't b done until we can do it. When we have something, on the shelf that can do the same job as gsaoline (or better), then we can think about beginning to phase out fossil fuels. It will still take decades to do.
    What I object to is efforts to pretend we have such technology now and the government pushing or requiring changing BEFORE we have a replacement.

Technology will eventually come up with a suitable replacement. We just have to be patient and wait for it. And patience is something that children such as the Kindergartner and her ilk are woefully short on.
    The tech is already here. The common commuter does not need the power that you demand all cars to have. Not everyone needs a pick up that can pull cargo that weights in the tons. Actually most people don't need even half of that capability. Just like you said above, there is no nuclear generator to power a wrist watch but that doesn't mean we shouldn't use nuclear tech at all. The same is true in reverse. Just because electric engines can't work on big rig trucks, doesn't mean they shouldn't be used on small compact sedans.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      No, you've been saying that we should stick to pure gasoline cars with low gas mileage...you don't even want high gas mileage cars. You don't want hybrids and you don't want gas stations to set up charging stations for EV. You've been pretty clear on that.

The tech is already here. The common commuter does not need the power that you demand all cars to have. Not everyone needs a pick up that can pull cargo that weights in the tons. Actually most people don't need even half of that capability. Just like you said above, there is no nuclear generator to power a wrist watch but that doesn't mean we shouldn't use nuclear tech at all. The same is true in reverse. Just because electric engines can't work on big rig trucks, doesn't mean they shouldn't be used on small compact sedans.
      Have you noticed any exceptions to the Kindergartner's and the enviros plans for people whose needs can't be met with EV's? .

You drive what you want, and I'll drive what I want is fine by me. I don't wish to stop people from driving whatever they want unless I'm legally liable for killing the idiot that's driving it, such as bicycles, but they want to use the power of govt. to take my choice away from me. Then can take a hike as far as I'm concerned,

Comment

hope they can make batteries that lose no charge - don't self deplete - when not in use ie. stay at 100% whether the next day or a decade later
        then, no more reason not to go full EV I say
        You drive what you want, and I'll drive what I want is fine by me. I don't wish to stop people from driving whatever they want unless I'm legally liable for killing the idiot that's driving it, such as bicycles, but they want to use the power of govt. to take my choice away from me.
        you mean like the neocons wanna do with reproductive rights?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          hope they can make batteries that lose no charge - don't self deplete - when not in use ie. stay at 100% whether the next day or a decade later
          then, no more reason not to go full EV I sayyou mean like the neocons wanna do with reproductive rights?
          Haven't my objections always been that batteries are not yet able to do the same job as gasoline?
          When batteries/EV improve to the point where they are better at doing the job, I won't have any problem with them.

But that day isn't here yet.

And this has nothing to do with abortion. Get your mind out of the gutter. Sheesh, no wonder every form of life on the planet has a restraining order against you.

Comment

And this has nothing to do with abortion.
            correct it has to do with Godvernment intervention which you dont want except when you want

Get your mind out of the gutter. Sheesh, no wonder every form of life on the planet has a restraining order against you.
            careful you're also dissing the christians -_-
            with the whole "go forth multiply" & **** (dont wanna offend your evangelical rulers do you)

Comment

correct it has to do with Godvernment intervention which you dont want except when you want

careful you're also dissing the christians -_-
              with the whole "go forth multiply" & **** (dont wanna offend your evangelical rulers do you)
              So, you think murder should be legal? We have laws against murder, don't we? You have problems with those laws?

Being an agnostic, I have no evangelical rulers.

Comment

Being an agnostic, I have no evangelical rulers.
                but you owe fealty to their Chosen One

Comment

but you owe fealty to their Chosen One
                  I do not owe "fealty" or blind loyalty to anyone. I'll support Trump as long as I agree with what wants to do in most cases, certainly the important ones. If he gets hit in the head and starts acting like a liberal democrat in his goals, I'll no longer support him.

It just doesn't enter your mind that I and others actually agree with him, does it?

Comment

You're in denial
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, he gives a rat's arse about you, so keep supporting his lies.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Good SCOTUS. *Gives SCOTUS a scooby snack*

U.S. Supreme Court lets Flint, Michigan residents sue over water contamination

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday let residents of Flint, Michigan pursue a civil rights lawsuit against the city and government officials that accused them of knowingly allowing the city’s water supply to become contaminated with lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

Yeah, he gives a rat's arse about you, so keep supporting his lies.
                          He and Chuckie had their crack at bat in the House. They wrote the rules and ran the show there. And they weren't subtle about carrying out a partisan witch hunt.

Now its the Senate's turn, and the Democrats can do nothing. I just find it incredible that after the partisan witch hunt in the House, they have the audacity to expect whatever the Republicans do in the Senate. Nothing he says at this point has any meaning whatsoever.

They're going to get their hiney spanked, and hard.
                          And just when they get their pants pulled back up, the voters are going to spank them even harder in November. And they know it.

Comment

He and Chuckie had their crack at bat in the House. They wrote the rules and ran the show there. And they weren't subtle about carrying out a partisan witch hunt.

Now its the Senate's turn, and the Democrats can do nothing. I just find it incredible that after the partisan witch hunt in the House, they have the audacity to expect whatever the Republicans do in the Senate. Nothing he says at this point has any meaning whatsoever.

They're going to get their hiney spanked, and hard.
                            And just when they get their pants pulled back up, the voters are going to spank them even harder in November. And they know it.
                            God you are pathetic.
                            You are so used to lies from the Admin, you accept them as truth. The very defence from the same man considered a "legal scholar" was used to attack Clinton, but as you have utterly ZERO sense of what the law is, you grin an say it's fine.
                            You have NO IDEA what the constitution is, NO IDEA what the law is, and NO IDEA what the FF wanted.
                            The very definition of a "low information" voter, just the way you have been groomed to be.
                            An Idiot.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              God you are pathetic.
                              You are so used to lies from the Admin, you accept them as truth. The very defence from the same man considered a "legal scholar" was used to attack Clinton, but as you have utterly ZERO sense of what the law is, you grin an say it's fine.
                              You have NO IDEA what the constitution is, NO IDEA what the law is, and NO IDEA what the FF wanted.
                              The very definition of a "low information" voter, just the way you have been groomed to be.
                              An Idiot.
                              Translation: Waaaaa! Trump isn't going to be impeached & thrown out of office.

The process was set up to prevent a partisan impeachment, which is what we have today. Naturally, the current effort is going to fail. It's supposed to.

As usual, the Democrats were stupid to even try it.

But after the biased witch hunt that we saw the Dems pull off in the House, they would be even more foolish to expect what they call a "fair" trial in the Senate.

And we both know that the only way they would consider it a "fair" trial is if it ends with a conviction and removal. But they can't get that. It was never possible, because it was never more than a partisan attempt to undo 2016. And they should have known that from the very start of the process. But it still hasn't really sunk in that they lost in 2016.

And you mark my words. Shortly after this process concludes with Trump's acquittal, they're going to come up with some other ball of mud to throw against the wall, and another after that, on and on.

They know they aren't going to win this November, and the stench of desperation and fear surrounds them.

But rather than making adjustments to their own house to make them more palatable to the electorate in 2024, they're just going to play Latrine Lawyer till 2024.

Comment

Not true. He is definitely. You just have to look at the countless scandals and corruption he has been a part of. What has been shown is that the GOP cares more about keeping their side in power. Such an idea was inconceivable to the framers of the Constitution
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X