Page 1594 of 1594 FirstFirst ... 59410941494154415841591159215931594
Results 31,861 to 31,877 of 31877
  1. #31861
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    601

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    That's BS. We were taught what I wrote earlier; if you want it, go and earn it. You have no right to expect anyone to hand you anything.
    *Cough* low household prices *cough* access to infinite credit from banks *cough* lowest gas prices in mankind's history to fuel muscle cars every 5 miles *cough*
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  2. #31862
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    *Cough* low household prices *cough* access to infinite credit from banks *cough* lowest gas prices in mankind's history to fuel muscle cars every 5 miles *cough*
    And how were these giveaways? You had to pay for every single one of them. And credit was certainly not infinite access.

    And as far as lower prices, wages were a lot lower also.
    Last edited by Annoyed; Yesterday at 11:47 AM.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  3. #31863

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    No you didn't. You had them practically given to you because of how easy it was to get a decent wage job with little training of education. You are so used to applying the 1970s society that your ignorance fails to see the Catch 22 modern society lives in
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  4. #31864
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    No you didn't. You had them practically given to you because of how easy it was to get a decent wage job with little training of education. You are so used to applying the 1970s society that your ignorance fails to see the Catch 22 modern society lives in
    Nonsense.
    Everything is relative. Relatively speaking, you had to have a skill to earn a living with. The skills were more simple, but so was the population. We didn't have computers & such, aside from mainframes that took up entire basements, but we did have technology and that technology required servicing. People had to learn to service that.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  5. #31865

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Now you are just in denial because you can't see how easier and cheaper to get skilled
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  6. #31866
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Now you are just in denial because you can't see how easier and cheaper to get skilled
    Just for discussion, suppose I concede your point that it was easier. ( I don't concede that at all )

    Why is anyone entitled to a free ride?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  7. #31867
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,204

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Why is anyone entitled to a free ride?
    because some people didn't let them get off the train

  8. #31868
    Major General aretood2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Contemplating the meaning of Logic
    Posts
    10,008

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Nonsense.
    Everything is relative. Relatively speaking, you had to have a skill to earn a living with. The skills were more simple, but so was the population. We didn't have computers & such, aside from mainframes that took up entire basements, but we did have technology and that technology required servicing. People had to learn to service that.
    A mechanic in 1970 needs to know a lot less information than a car mechanic in 2019, and that's just one example. To repair a phone in 1970 you need to know about a lot less subjects than to repair a phone in 2019 such as computer programing. Doctors new less in 1970 than they do in 2019. And the examples go on and on and on. In fact, students needed to read less, know less, and perform lower on tests in the 70s than today. Back in your grandparent's day, you didn't even need to know algebra, today students need to get up to Calculus and Trigonometry.

  9. #31869
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    A mechanic in 1970 needs to know a lot less information than a car mechanic in 2019, and that's just one example. To repair a phone in 1970 you need to know about a lot less subjects than to repair a phone in 2019 such as computer programing. Doctors new less in 1970 than they do in 2019. And the examples go on and on and on. In fact, students needed to read less, know less, and perform lower on tests in the 70s than today. Back in your grandparent's day, you didn't even need to know algebra, today students need to get up to Calculus and Trigonometry.
    As I recall, Calculus and Trig were both taught in the high school I attended. Computer classes are available in high school & younger today.

    And as I said to jelgate, even if it is a more complex world, why is anyone entitled to a free ride?

    The Democrats just want to buy votes by racing to give more taxpayer dollars away. The taxpayers whose money they want to give away had to pay for their schooling, what makes the current crop of children worthy of a free ride?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  10. #31870
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    601

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    what makes the current crop of children worthy of a free ride?
    Yeah dude, babies should pay for their own baby formula! *Spits on the floor and opens up a beer can*
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  11. #31871
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Yeah dude, babies should pay for their own baby formula! *Spits on the floor and opens up a beer can*
    I have no idea how Lizards raise their young.

    But I am damned tired of the current human youngsters, millennials and whatever else you call them wanting to have everything the rest of us have had to work for handed to them, and even more sick and tired of the Democrats catering to their demands. Some Democrats have even suggested lowering the voting age to 16 to increase their power.

    Maybe we ought to raise it to 30 instead.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  12. #31872
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    601

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Usual old people ranting on the new generations - Confirmed

    Did you also walk 15 miles to school back then through treacherous mountains treks and swamps, fighting off dragons and wolves while hunting for your own food on your way back home?

    Get out.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  13. #31873
    Lieutenant Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    4,984

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    As I recall, Calculus and Trig were both taught in the high school I attended. Computer classes are available in high school & younger today.

    And as I said to jelgate, even if it is a more complex world, why is anyone entitled to a free ride?

    The Democrats just want to buy votes by racing to give more taxpayer dollars away. The taxpayers whose money they want to give away had to pay for their schooling, what makes the current crop of children worthy of a free ride?
    Are you jesting, or just dumb?
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  14. #31874
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Are you jesting, or just dumb?
    No, I am quite serious.

    What makes the snotnosed brats of today so special that someone else should pay for what their elders had to earn?
    Why are they entitled to a free ride?

    Or maybe you want to retroactively go back and reimburse everyone who ever had to pay for these things themselves?

    Thought That ought to go over really well.
    Last edited by Annoyed; Today at 08:23 AM.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  15. #31875
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    601

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  16. #31876
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,148

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Are you jesting, or just dumb?
    Ummm...don't think you really needed to ask that.

  17. #31877

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Ummm...don't think you really needed to ask that.
    i have come to appreciate GF's term of of how he is embracing ignorance
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Page 1594 of 1594 FirstFirst ... 59410941494154415841591159215931594

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3363
    Last Post: March 5th, 2008, 10:02 AM
  2. Political Discussion: The proper place of the Law
    By uknesvuinng in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 28th, 2007, 11:37 AM
  3. The WW2 Discussion Thread
    By the_dark_light in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: July 20th, 2007, 12:12 AM
  4. X-Men III Discussion Thread
    By twiggy in forum Marvel Universe (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: October 6th, 2006, 10:12 PM
  5. Replies: 38
    Last Post: August 25th, 2004, 08:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •