This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Look at unemployment numbers, and the job picture since Trump took office. Record low unemployment, and as a result, wages are rising for the first time in DECADES as employers have to outbid each other for workers. That benefits the avg. working stiff.

Yes, some of Trump's changes do benefit the wealthy, but that is not the only group that have benefited.
    FAKE NEWS

#sad

Comment

Look at unemployment numbers, and the job picture since Trump took office. Record low unemployment, and as a result, wages are rising for the first time in DECADES as employers have to outbid each other for workers. That benefits the avg. working stiff.
      It was rising since the last moron you voted in crashed the global economy, and this one is on line to do it again.
      Yes, some of Trump's changes do benefit the wealthy, but that is not the only group that have benefited.

The tax reform package definitely benefits the avg working stiff, I can say that for certainty because I benefit from it.
      What about the people in the hardest hit area's of your nation who have suffered from it?
      Don't care cause it's not you?

You have NO IDEA how protected you are from the worst of republican stupidity and greed.
      Now, look at the kindergarten star, Ocasio-Cortez. She basically wants to forcibly take from people who have worked for what they have earned and have a nice give-away to benefit a large number of people who don't even work to better themselves. Free everything! Hell, even a lot of Democrats tell her to shut up, she's too radical.
      She wants CORPORATIONS to pay their taxes so they can fund civil projects to benefit the PEOPLE rather than the political class and the wealthy. It's "free" nothing. The Mainstream Dems don't like here because they too are in corporate swamps and see her as a threat.
      This young skull full of mush actually had the stupidity to compare global warming to World War II yesterday. Really, WWII?
      If it kills as many people, it's not a stupid comparison, and it stands to kill more.
      Even the term "idiot" is too generous for her.
      It's too generous for those who are blind to what is happening in the world.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        What about the people in the hardest hit area's of your nation who have suffered from it?
        Don't care cause it's not you?

You have NO IDEA how protected you are from the worst of republican stupidity and greed.
        Perhaps you are talking about people who won't work for a living having suffered for it? Maybe I'm "protected" because I do go to work and support myself?

Here's a hint. I have absolutely no sympathy for those who refuse to work and want to let the taxpayers (read: Me) support them while they hang out on the couch having more kids that they can't afford to have. Hell, we even provide these people with free cell phones and they're pushing for free internet and computers, too.

That's absurd.

Comment

Perhaps you are talking about people who won't work for a living having suffered for it? Maybe I'm "protected" because I do go to work and support myself?

Here's a hint. I have absolutely no sympathy for those who refuse to work and want to let the taxpayers (read: Me) support them while they hang out on the couch having more kids that they can't afford to have. Hell, we even provide these people with free cell phones and they're pushing for free internet and computers, too.

That's absurd.
          yet oddly enough you (more than) care about them when they talk of aborting
          either you mind your own business or you don't so might wanna decide pronto

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
            yet oddly enough you (more than) care about them when they talk of aborting
            either you mind your own business or you don't so might wanna decide pronto
            We've had this discussion till were both blue in the face. We know what causes pregnancy these days.

Comment

We've had this discussion till were both blue in the face. We know what causes pregnancy these days.
              (hey at least I made a Red blue in the face) we also know what causes poverty these days

anyway more news on your side of the wall
              https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-s...nd-border-wall

makes sense since walls are meant to be "erected"

Comment

(hey at least I made a Red blue in the face) we also know what causes poverty these days
                Yes, we do. In most cases, it's making poor life choices that leave you unprepared to support yourself and your offspring or being too lazy to work.

anyway more news on your side of the wall
                https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-s...nd-border-wall

makes sense since walls are meant to be "erected"
                While a novel idea, I don't think it's possible from a practical point of view.

Comment

That's absurd.
                  You missed the point again. You might have to dumb it down GF
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    You missed the point again. You might have to dumb it down GF
                    Is it possible?
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

A fine article explaining why I choose the term "idiot" to describe the kindergarten superstar:

(She apparently thinks the country is made up of idiots too, or she would never try to pass this off.)

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ing-to-stop-it

Comment

This article seems full of out-of-context quotes. Also I never read article that use this kind of tone. Using familiar language such as "nope" and inserting blatant biased opinion is not a news article, it's sensionalism.
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Go back to school and learn something.
                          Maybe you should do the same.
                          Learn some history on how various gov'ts over time have made the same or very similar mistakes that previous gov'ts in other parts of history have done. Deja vu. What happened before will happen again... it's just in a different generation with new names attached, but doing the same old, same old. People and societies who do not learn how to correct the mistakes from past civilizations are often doomed to repeat those very same situations or issues.

Sidestory...
                          I've had reinforcement from my former educational life by having a Democrat-minded relative who taught History for about 30 years and often discussed it at the family table... his intense specialties were American History and 20th Century world wars 1 & 2, plus he also taught Social Studies, too. Subjects got interesting when the conversations turned into heated debates by other family members.

Annoyed wants rule via Autocracy
                          You want it via Theology.

You are both a joke.
                          I don't care if a gov't is run without a spiritual basis, because at least 6 of the (main) Jewish Ten Commandments relate to simple human behavior and attitudes. Adhere to those six (the ones not applying "the Lord God" in the sentences), and maybe human behaviors can be reigned in to some degree of good / Golden rule behaviors. If everyone obeyed those six laws/rules, there just might be less crime and less *bad behavior* in existence, and more stability in the "home", classroom, workplace, neighborhoods, and nation.

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                          Then we've got those two buffoons bashing Occasio-Cortez basically because she's young and has progressive ideals. She's famous and her physical attributes are not to be denied (I tried saying this is the nicest possible way, sorry).

That's just why you hate her isn't it? Some new blood in a broken political system, forcing the old crows out of their comfort zone of your cursed political duality? You guys brought no other arguments than ''she's a kid durr hurr and she's full of herself!'', wait, that's not even an argument, that's child ranting.

I'm probably the youngest humanlizard being on this thread yet the elders seem to be out of intellectual ammunition. Sad.
                          Chaka-Z0, firstly, I don't care what a person looks like or how old they are. Whether or not that person is 34, 40, or 540 years old, and still hasn't got a grasp on reality of how things work, etc., I'm not budging over into agreeing with their side just because the rest of the world is *amazed* at this newbie showing up on the scene and capturing even the MSM with some "progressive" ideas/ideals that seriously need to be tried out before enforcing such items into a permanent status.

What Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) is doing is presenting her "GREEN NEW DEAL" as a complete lifestyle, as an idea from within her mind, based on a few and far between ideas done here or there elsewhere ----where some items have been criticized as NOT being 100% workable and all with varying degrees of reasons for failure---- she tossed these items out into the public arena without a safety net back-up plan for failure, and NOW expects her "ideal" GREEN DEAL to be 100% activated and ENFORCED ---without any idea of how much it will cost, or what the pitfalls / consequences of her suggested actions will amount to on a national scale... and the rest of us USA folks are supposed to promptly roll over and do her bidding?

THAT is NO way to manage a business. Doesn't matter if this is done by the gov't or some private company or corporation. Most companies don't succeed when PLAN A fails and there is NO Plan B or C or D, etc., back-up plan. Failure is Failure. Period.

IF every possible scenario has been tried and exhausted with specific results ...with some leaning into the negative zones... lay out everything on the table and THEN weigh the pros and cons. Don't just rely on "computer models". Problem is that such scenarios NEED to be worked out first on an actual, physical, experimental basis and into every potential mode of working atmospheres as much as possible, BEFORE activated on a permanent basis. Otherwise, the failure rate could sink faster than the Titanic after it got ruptured from the damaging iceberg.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's "GREEN NEW DEAL" needs to be tested as an actual model in different locations, with her own "funding" for the project tossed in. Maybe she can get a "Go Fund this..." from people supporting her "GREEN NEW DEAL". She also needs to establish about 9 to (maybe) 36 different sectors (regions) with every season and weather condition possible, plus include distance driving for people who have to commute long distances due to their jobs not being conveniently located with their hours... and on ALL shifts (day, afternoon, and night). The only stable "control" zone will be the one in the middle of the irregular and wild weather zones.

Payscales also affect these folks, so for those who can't afford to install what she is asking for GREEN living conditions, SHE can fork over her own funds to see how much all of these factors and finances will cost. She said she has no idea what this will amount to except that it will be VERY expensive in the short term onset.

NOW she is saying that "The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?"
                          Ummm. yeah... price MEANS everything on the table here... that is the law of living in this life. So does manufacturing these things, too... don't forget to factor that little detail into this equation, too.

And ... Wow. A whole 12 years... then poof! Earth goes bye-bye.

I think societies will be at war against each other and cause their own (massive) deaths a whole lot faster than the damage that climate changes will do. Aggressive behaviors tend to dominate the scenes without thinking of the physical damages done in the meantime for the longer term goals. Dealing with uncontrollable weather conditions and humans fighting over food sources and natural resources ---restricted by gov't controls--- with a demand for a ZERO carbon footprint for all. FREEBIE supplies disappearing, because someone forgot to factor in that monetary finances eventually run out when FREE-for-alls have NO boundary limits.

That is thinking realistically. The end results will NOT be pretty nor a happy one. Ever see a Midnight madness Christmas sale at a department store when the stampedes of people rush in for their FREEBIE / discount sales..? Yeah, people get trampled upon and injured. Mega factor the entire world at critical survival point... that's the sort of scene that most likely will result. Just look at a major winter-snowstorm warning or hurricane for what is left in the stores to buy... This is what the world will be like when other current resources are not permitted to be used, and limited GREEN sources fail to support the entire nation.

So... my objections to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is her failure to study her GREEN DEAL in a longer termed experimental stage with all sorts of variations that will reveal more realistic outcomes for her "ideas"---this includes financial woes for people who cannot meet her expected goals. THAT is the problem with her. MOST gov't studies such as "save the fish" go for ten years, and then STOP the environmental obstacle attempting to interfere with it (See California's long list of such items).

She is not proposing a study first, but an immediate enforcement of permanent actions along with FIX THIS NOW----with NO back-up plan if her ideas FAIL or end up falling 70% short of their anticipated (by her measurements) goal. Such pressures don't always work out the way one would like them to. This is what she and others thinking like her NEED to realize and ACCEPT. Don't forget the various BUGs that eat things like food and material supplies, too. People also get sick from stress and health issues caused by diseased / damaged foliage in agricultural growth, and then nothing helpful or good gets accomplished. Setbacks (i.e., enforced methods failing from natural / nature causes) stump the *progressive* process.

Oh... and humans eating "beans" isn't going to help the environment any more than cattle eating pastureland and oats. Bush's Baked Beans tends to cause more farts in their edible bean recipes for humans, enough that if it could be packaged as a natural gas, there'd be a gold mine in such packaging! Smelly, but almost a free fuel source..!

Yeah, I'm just a natural skeptic... seen too many things during my lifetime to show me life has more positive energy and outcomes in it. Knowledge may be on the increase at an alarmingly faster rate now than 20 years ago, but too much too fast usually fails to include the short sighted pitfalls that may happen along the process. This is reality's *ugly* side and should be a concern to everyone attempting these NEW and improved suggested adventures.
                          Last edited by SGalisa; 23 January 2019, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                            This article seems full of out-of-context quotes. Also I never read article that use this kind of tone. Using familiar language such as "nope" and inserting blatant biased opinion is not a news article, it's sensionalism.
                            You mean, it's just like the left-leaning sources that you and the other lefties cite?

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                              I don't care if a gov't is run without a spiritual basis, because at least 6 of the (main) Jewish Ten Commandments relate to simple human behavior and attitudes. Adhere to those six (the ones not applying "the Lord God" in the sentences), and maybe human behaviors can be reigned in to some degree of good / Golden rule behaviors. If everyone obeyed those six laws/rules, there just might be less crime and less *bad behavior* in existence, and more stability in the "home", classroom, workplace, neighborhoods, and nation.
                              Even though I'm agnostic, I've always said that the Ten Commandments are a good set of rules for living, regardless of their source.

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                              Chaka-Z0, firstly, I don't care what a person looks like or how old they are. Whether or not that person is 34, 40, or 540 years old, and still hasn't got a grasp on reality of how things work, etc., I'm not budging over into agreeing with their side just because the rest of the world is *amazed* at this newbie showing up on the scene and capturing even the MSM with some "progressive" ideas/ideals that seriously need to be tried out before enforcing such items into a permanent status.

What Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) is doing is presenting her "GREEN NEW DEAL" as a complete lifestyle, as an idea from within her mind, based on a few and far between ideas done here or there elsewhere ----where some items have been criticized as NOT being 100% workable and all with varying degrees of reasons for failure---- she tossed these items out into the public arena without a safety net back-up plan for failure, and NOW expects her "ideal" GREEN DEAL to be 100% activated and ENFORCED ---without any idea of how much it will cost, or what the pitfalls / consequences of her suggested actions will amount to on a national scale... and the rest of us USA folks are supposed to promptly roll over and do her bidding?
                              Many items in her plan don't even have anything to do with the environment. It's just a case of a kindergartner stomping its feet and screaming "Wah!! I want". And just like that child, it has no clue why what she wants can't happen.

You're the second person in as many days to comment on her appearance; seems that many consider her to be a "hottie".
                              I wonder if that is why the MSM & young skulls full of mush have latched onto her so quickly. And what does say about the superficial nature of her overwhelmingly young and immature supporters?

Comment

Even though I'm agnostic, I've always said that the Ten Commandments are a good set of rules for living
                                yet you voted for someone who likes to break most of them (and boast about it)

seems that many consider her to be a "hottie".
                                now that's a mystery

Comment

Working...
                                X