Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, "quid quo pro" didn't stick 'cause there was none in the transcript, so throw another mudball, hope it sticks.

Poor Democrats. So pathetic.

Was it a bribe? Democrats trade 'quid quo pro' for 'bribery' in Trump impeachment messaging

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Funny thing is, up until about a month before the Democrats raised the "whistleblower", the whistleblower statutes required the blower to have direct, firsthand knowledge of events. Funny how that was changed by some bureaucrat, wasn't it?
      Really?
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistl..._United_States

In poker, that's called a tell.
      Under the law, you are spouting ignorant nonsense.
      Colour me surprised.

I know that. And the other things I mentioned only serve to further insure his 2nd term.
      Your "other things" are your opinions, Tood stuck to historical facts and trends.
      So, which one of you is more trustworthy?
      Oh, and were you advocating term limits when Obama was in the white house for 2 terms?
      Knowing Tood, probably.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

So, "quid quo pro" didn't stick 'cause there was none in the transcript, so throw another mudball, hope it sticks.

Poor Democrats. So pathetic.

Was it a bribe? Democrats trade 'quid quo pro' for 'bribery' in Trump impeachment messaging
        You DO realise calling it flat out bribery is far more condemning that "Quid quo pro", and more understanding to the average joe, right?
        Sad the dumbing down required of legal proceedings for your average citizen.

"I want something, you give me something"
        Normally, that would be trade.
        "I want something, you give me something I don't own" is corruption.
        "Do something for me, or I deny aid to your nation", is a high crime.

This is NOT about party.
        Haven't "we lefties" proven enough times that impeachment is the legal remedy, as dictated by the constitution for those who are, to a degree, above the normal law? If Obama did what trump is doing, you would be leading the charge, and I bet when Clinton did the same, you were all for impeachment inquiries. It's about the LAW and the CONSTITUTION.
        You want to throw them out?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          You DO realise calling it flat out bribery is far more condemning that "Quid quo pro", and more understanding to the average joe, right?
          Sad the dumbing down required of legal proceedings for your average citizen.

"I want something, you give me something"
          Normally, that would be trade.
          "I want something, you give me something I don't own" is corruption.
          "Do something for me, or I deny aid to your nation", is a high crime.

This is NOT about party.
          Haven't "we lefties" proven enough times that impeachment is the legal remedy, as dictated by the constitution for those who are, to a degree, above the normal law? If Obama did what trump is doing, you would be leading the charge, and I bet when Clinton did the same, you were all for impeachment inquiries. It's about the LAW and the CONSTITUTION.
          You want to throw them out?
          BS.
          Hasn't the U.S. been putting strings on its aid forever? Hell, the feds even have strings on financial aid to states, schools and just about everything else. Remember how the feds pushed the national 55 MPH speed limit? Speed limits within a state are a state issue per the Constitution. So the feds simply blackmailed the states. "Lower the limit, or no federal highway funds for you".

This is B.A.U., except that it has the added benefit of hanging Biden out to dry.

Comment

BS.
            Hasn't the U.S. been putting strings on its aid forever?
            not like this

also this was about aiding Ukraine (allies) against the ruskies (enemy)

by threatening to deny such aid your king's helping an enemy
            treason anyone?

Comment

BS.
              Nope, the law. Your ignorance of it does not make it BS
              Hasn't the U.S. been putting strings on its aid forever?
              The USA is entitled to put strings on aid. A example of this would be the global gag order because that is a foreign aid policy of the USA.
              A president cannot leverage US taxpayer money for personal gain. That is a crime, and one you just admitted trump has committed.
              Hell, the feds even have strings on financial aid to states, schools and just about everything else. Remember how the feds pushed the national 55 MPH speed limit? Speed limits within a state are a state issue per the Constitution. So the feds simply blackmailed the states. "Lower the limit, or no federal highway funds for you".
              Again, that is an internal issue. Were you so outraged when the fed wanted to blackmail the states with so called sanctuary cities?
              This is B.A.U., except that it has the added benefit of hanging Biden out to dry.
              Nope, it's an impeachable offence. Weather or not senate republicans will vote to convict has nothing to do with that at all.
              sigpic

Comment

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50492438
                sigpic

Comment

oopsie.
                  sigpic

Comment

Today's cat fighting looks like a draw to me. From a report I just saw on TV(Not Fox, one of the alphabet networks), both sides can claim about the same points.

But there is something that doesn't ring right. Trump was telling his underling back in April or May, using the exact phrase "no quid quo pro"?
                    The meaning may have been the same, but I don't buy that being verbatim.

Comment

Today's cat fighting looks like a draw to me. From a report I just saw on TV(Not Fox, one of the alphabet networks), both sides can claim about the same points.

But there is something that doesn't ring right. Trump was telling his underling back in April or May, using the exact phrase "no quid quo pro"?
                      The meaning may have been the same, but I don't buy that being verbatim.
                      No, he told that to Sondland in September AFTER he got caught.
                      The only reason the term "no quid pro quo" came up is because it was the term the Democrats were using. If they said bribery right off the bat, the comment would be "no bribery"
                      They are lying through their teeth.
                      Is it sinking in yet?
                      trump is not on trial for being a republican, he is on trial for being a criminal.
                      Oh, and if you are watching the hearings, pay REALLY close attention to the questioning about exactly who holds the power of the purse, and that law exists to directly prevent potus from stopping aid on a whim.
                      sigpic

Comment

No, he told that to Sondland in September AFTER he got caught.
                        The only reason the term "no quid pro quo" came up is because it was the term the Democrats were using. If they said bribery right off the bat, the comment would be "no bribery"
                        They are lying through their teeth.
                        Is it sinking in yet?
                        trump is not on trial for being a republican, he is on trial for being a criminal.
                        Oh, and if you are watching the hearings, pay REALLY close attention to the questioning about exactly who holds the power of the purse, and that law exists to directly prevent potus from stopping aid on a whim.
                        Maybe we haven't seen the same reports. But the video I saw stated and showed film of Trump telling an underling a bunch of stuff about not wanting "quid pro qo"

This was a few months before this blew up; the Dems were still counting on Mueller to be their messiah via some back door. At that time, what are the odds that he would use the exact phrase that's in vogue today?

Comment

Maybe we haven't seen the same reports. But the video I saw stated and showed film of Trump telling an underling a bunch of stuff about not wanting "quid pro qo"
                          Watch the ACTUAL testimony. I even provided a video link to when Sondland said it was a DIRECT quid pro quo. Feel free to ignore the opinion at the end, that's your choice, but watch the first 3-4 minutes of direct testimony.
                          EDIT:
                          You are talking about trumps "chopper talk" I am assuming, yes?
                          trump only said no quid pro quo AFTER he got caught. That's exactly why you smell something off, because it is.
                          This was a few months before this blew up; the Dems were still counting on Mueller to be their messiah via some back door. At that time, what are the odds that he would use the exact phrase that's in vogue today?
                          Stop pushing your conspiracy theories, your OWN GUT REACTION is that they are lying.
                          Last edited by Gatefan1976; 20 November 2019, 03:35 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Let me ask you a direct question Annoyed.
                            If I gave you absolute free reign to pick the winner of the 2016 election, as long as they were Republican, who would you pick, and if it's not trump, who would it be and why?
                            sigpic

Comment

Let me ask you a direct question Annoyed.
                              If I gave you absolute free reign to pick the winner of the 2016 election, as long as they were Republican, who would you pick, and if it's not trump, who would it be and why?
                              Pence. Tastes great, less filling Same platform & agenda, less BS, making him more effective in carrying out the agenda.
                              But it wouldn't have mattered. If Pence had defeated Shrillary, the Democrats would have been left in the same hissy fit they are in now, and would be doing the same thing, with Pence as the target.

Comment

Pence. Tastes great, less filling Same platform & agenda, less BS, making him more effective in carrying out the agenda.
                                OK, have Pence.
                                EDIT:
                                As for your "strikethrough", you even KNOW he is less full of BS.
                                You KNOW he (trump) is full of it.
                                Yet you defend him?
                                You are HAPPY that the senate probably will not vote guilty?
                                Party over people, just like EC over people, right?
                                That's the system.
                                Impeachment is the system as well, but now it's not fair?

But it wouldn't have mattered. If Pence had defeated Shrillary, the Democrats would have been left in the same hissy fit they are in now, and would be doing the same thing, with Pence as the target.
                                This is pure conjecture. trump isn't being investigated for "being trump", he's being investigated for performing illegal actions.
                                Doesn't that matter anymore?
                                I NEVER asked for Bush 2 to be investigated, no matter how much I disagreed with his policies, nor would I ask for Pence to be investigated because my disagreement is a purely political position, NOT a criminal one.
                                My objection to trump is NOT political, it's LEGAL.
                                Last edited by Gatefan1976; 20 November 2019, 05:27 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X