This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    I'm not so fond of the idea of separating families either, but what are they supposed to do? Federal law prevents children from being charged with federal crimes, so they can't charge the children.

And don't say "well, let the adults go", that is completely unacceptable. We have to stem the flow of illegals into this country, and we have every right to do so. Having children should not be able to be used as a shield from being prosecuted for breaking the law. Or should the average burglar, rapist or murderer be given amnesty too, so they aren't separated from their children?

Maybe they ought to detain the adults and their children in specialized facilities; I would have no problem with that. I don't know if that is legal, though.

But at the end of the day, the situation really is the illegal immigrant's fault. If they don't want to be separated, don't try to sneak in. It really is that simple.
    There are 3 simple solutions that the Trump Administration could try.

1. Send the kids into the foster care system or remand them to relatives already in the US...which is what happens to someone's kids if they go to jail so why not do that here?

2. Instead of levying criminal charges at the parents requiring a prolonged stay in the US and separation, levy civil charges triggering deportation, that way the kids stay with the parents and leave with the parents a lot sooner.

3. Develop and maintain proper and humane facilities designed to hold families throughout the criminal procedures. I'm talking about rooms, not jail cells.

4. A combination of the above.

Numbers 1 and 2 can be done by the administration without requiring the passage of any laws in Congress. But Trump would prefer to literally keep these kids in cages like dogs as a bargaining chip. Do you know why orphanages were discontinued? Because it was proven to be damaging to kids, abusive in nature. Another issue reason for his actions is to keep people like you happy.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      So what the hell is going on?

https://www.fox25boston.com/news/you...ters/773145835

So when some babies do die, and they will how will you spin this?
      funny thing is King Don's probably doing this to gain votes :/

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

1. Send the kids into the foster care system or remand them to relatives already in the US...which is what happens to someone's kids if they go to jail so why not do that here?

2. Instead of levying criminal charges at the parents requiring a prolonged stay in the US and separation, levy civil charges triggering deportation, that way the kids stay with the parents and leave with the parents a lot sooner.

3. Develop and maintain proper and humane facilities designed to hold families throughout the criminal procedures. I'm talking about rooms, not jail cells.

Numbers 1 and 2 can be done by the administration without requiring the passage of any laws in Congress. But Trump would prefer to literally keep these kids in cages like dogs as a bargaining chip. Do you know why orphanages were discontinued? Because it was proven to be damaging to kids, abusive in nature. Another issue reason for his actions is to keep people like you happy.
        And I believe that 2 is what we have been doing for some time until the recent policy changes

Comment

I don't care what they do, as long as:

1: The adults are kept in custody until their criminal cases are adjudicated. They can call them jails, rooms or chopped liver. As long as they are confined to a secure location.
          2: The adults are ejected from the country, forcibly if needed, to their point of entry upon their being found guilty of entering the country illegally.

The goal here is to stop illegal immigration.

Of course, the left will never agree to anything which actually does that. They will demand that these people are released from custody, after which they will join the millions of illegals already in the country. I've already heard a news report that Trump has signed an EO to stop separating families while they are detained. Any bets on how long someone demands that they be outright released? Perhaps the children should be released, and then of course their parents should be released to take care of them.... And on an on it goes.
          Last edited by Annoyed; 20 June 2018, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I don't care what they do, as long as:

1: The adults are kept in custody until their criminal cases are adjudicated. They can call them jails, rooms or chopped liver. As long as they are confined to a secure location.
            2: The adults are ejected from the country, forcibly if needed, to their point of entry upon their being found guilty of entering the country illegally.

The goal here is to stop illegal immigration.

Of course, the left will never agree to anything which actually does that. They will demand that these people are released from custody, after which they will join the millions of illegals already in the country. I've already heard a news report that Trump has signed an EO to stop separating families while they are detained. Any bets on how long someone demands that they be outright released? Perhaps the children should be released, and then of course their parents should be released to take care of them.... And on an on it goes.
            Is that why Obama deported more people than any of his predecessors?
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Is that why Obama deported more people than any of his predecessors?
              Did he do anything at all to stem the flow of illegals into the country? Any increased security or enforcement? As I recall, he was more known for telling INS agents to unload their weapons and leave them behind.

Comment

Did he do anything at all to stem the flow of illegals into the country? Any increased security or enforcement? As I recall, he was more known for telling INS agents to unload their weapons and leave them behind.
                When he left, immigration was at an all time low, in fact you were loosing more migrants (legal or otherwise) than gaining them.
                I would say, yes?
                Now it is even lower, and I suppose you could count it as a win, But when Juan and Hose don't turn up to clean out your crap, and Billy and Bob would prefer to suckle on the gub'ment teat than do the work, I guess it will still be Juan's fault, cause he is an immigrant.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  But when Juan and Hose don't turn up to clean out your crap, and Billy and Bob would prefer to suckle on the gub'ment teat than do the work, I guess it will still be Juan's fault, cause he is an immigrant.
                  the funny* part will be when Billy & Bob are torn off the govt teat & forced to do Juan & Hose's work (with Juan & Hose's pay of course)

*assuming Billy & Bob voted for King Don

Comment

When he left, immigration was at an all time low, in fact you were loosing more migrants (legal or otherwise) than gaining them.
                    I would say, yes?
                    Now it is even lower, and I suppose you could count it as a win, But when Juan and Hose don't turn up to clean out your crap, and Billy and Bob would prefer to suckle on the gub'ment teat than do the work, I guess it will still be Juan's fault, cause he is an immigrant.
                    Well, then I guess I'll have to clean out my own crap, if it's not worth the increased cost of paying someone else to do it, won't I?

And as far as the govt. teat, well, that is another problem. Are there not proposals to tighten eligibility for that on the table? Work requirements and such?

Comment

Cool, so you are going to do hundreds of hours of work in one day?
                      sigpic

Comment

Cool, so you are going to do hundreds of hours of work in one day?
                        Of course not. But If I use a service or products which uses illegals to subsidize it, resulting in an artificially low cost to me, I will have to choose whether to keep purchasing that service at an increased price.

It's the same logic as mandated minimum wages. I'll buy a whopper or two at 5 bucks for the pair. If the price goes up to $10 bucks for the pair due to mandated higher minimum wages, I will decide the convenience is not worth the cost and not buy them.

Comment

Of course not. But If I use a service or products which uses illegals to subsidize it, resulting in an artificially low cost to me, I will have to choose whether to keep purchasing that service at an increased price.
                          You have been doing it your entire life, and the "golden age" you want to go back to was BUILT on it.
                          It's the same logic as mandated minimum wages. I'll buy a whopper or two at 5 bucks for the pair. If the price goes up to $10 bucks for the pair due to mandated higher minimum wages, I will decide the convenience is not worth the cost and not buy them.
                          What affects YOU does not affect the economy. 100 people with 120 bucks a week more to spend WILL, and burger king won't give a toss about you not buying whoppers, cause 50 more people now can, even at 10 bucks.
                          You think your 5 dollar whopper combo means squat in comparison to 50 10 dollar whoppers?
                          LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, he even sent National Guard troops to the border. I'm not sure what you're referring to though. But I do want to ask a question of my own. Why does Trump keep saying Mexico is doing nothing when it is deporting more Central Americans than the US?
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes, he even sent National Guard troops to the border. I'm not sure what you're referring to though. But I do want to ask a question of my own. Why does Trump keep saying Mexico is doing nothing when it is deporting more Central Americans than the US?
                              I think me means that Mexico is doing nothing to stop illegals from coming to the US from Mexico. A good example would be that caravan a while back. Why didn't Mexico apprehend them and send them back where they came from at the southern border of Mexico?

Comment

I think me means that Mexico is doing nothing to stop illegals from coming to the US from Mexico. A good example would be that caravan a while back. Why didn't Mexico apprehend them and send them back where they came from at the southern border of Mexico?
                                you suggesting Mexico should keep its citizens in?
                                why not build a wall & turn into another East Berlin style prison while they're at it

oops I forgot King Don & the GOP now support stalinism nvm

Comment

Working...
                                X