Page 1694 of 1701 FirstFirst ... 69411941594164416841691169216931694169516961697 ... LastLast
Results 33,861 to 33,880 of 34008
  1. #33861
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    In today's parlance, it is is a city or other govt. entity that has decided to not enforce federal immigration policy, law, or to cooperate with federal immigration enforcement authorities.
    what happened to states' rights? make up ur mind


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  2. #33862
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,171

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    In today's parlance, it is is a city or other govt. entity that has decided to not enforce federal immigration policy, law, or to cooperate with federal immigration enforcement authorities.
    So, criminals still get charged, it's not "lawless".
    Sorta torpedo's the entire notion of sanctuary cities as the opinion writer, and their fellow thinkers like to flog, doesn't it.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  3. #33863
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,171

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  4. #33864
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,411

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    We'll see what the Republicans think about this mess when it hits the Senate, won't we?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  5. #33865
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,171

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    We'll see what the Republicans think about this mess when it hits the Senate, won't we?
    In other words, Cover your arse.
    The senate vote will have nothing to do with weather the charges or valid or not, it will just be pure partisan hackery.
    You look forward to that?

    And to think of who you consider one of the best presidents of your time, how insulting to the office, and the man you admire.
    How low you have sunk, as a nation, and as a party.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  6. #33866
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,411

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    In other words, Cover your arse.
    The senate vote will have nothing to do with weather the charges or valid or not, it will just be pure partisan hackery.
    You look forward to that?
    You mean like the house impeachment attempt is anything but a partisan attempt to undo the results of a legitimate election because they can't accept that they lost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    And to think of who you consider one of the best presidents of your time, how insulting to the office, and the man you admire.
    How low you have sunk, as a nation, and as a party.
    You must be talking about JFK, one of our best presidents ever. Good illustration of how far the Democrats have sunk.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  7. #33867
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Good illustration of how far the Democrats United States have sunk.
    your king's turned it into a **** hole


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  8. #33868
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    35,039

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    You mean like the house impeachment attempt is anything but a partisan attempt to undo the results of a legitimate election because they can't accept that they lost?


    You must be talking about JFK, one of our best presidents ever. Good illustration of how far the Democrats have sunk.
    That's not what happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  9. #33869
    Major General aretood2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Contemplating the meaning of Logic
    Posts
    10,027

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Thing is, the Democrats started this impeachment crap with "the phone call", which their whistleblower wasn't even on.
    Yet it has been going on with witnesses that were privy to said phone call. Frankly, the whistleblowers is not needed and is irrelevant along with his testimony thus why he/she hasn't been called. Their testimony simply sounded the alarm and pointed investigators in the right direction where they can find evidence. That is how whistleblowing works...it's how it has always worked. That's why it's called "whistleblowing".

    Hearsay evidence at best
    But he hasn't testified, "eye" witnesses have. People who were in fact involved in the matter have and are testifying. The reason why he/she is not testifying is because they didn't see it themselves...I really can't follow your logic here (or lack thereof). You do realize that the existence of hearsay evidence does not preclude the inclusion of evidence that is not hearsay, right? It only means that said hearsay cannot be included. However there are several exceptions to the hearsay rule, I haven't looked into it to see if the whistleblower's testimony (which hasn't been taken) meets any of those exceptions. But this is the thing, you don't really know what you are talking about. You seem to be ignorant of the law.

    Speaking of testimony, the impeachment isn't the trail...the trial is what happens in the senate so I don't really see what any this has to do with an investigation. Do you think cops won't investigate you if I said that GF told me that he saw you kill Jelgate (who is greatly missed since he was murdered last night)? Of course the cops would investigate!!! It doesn't matter if my criminal complaint is hearsay, they just can't use my complaint in court...but they can use GF's testimony. The most they could do is refer to me as to how they first suspected you of commiting murder, but they can't use me as a witness. That's what is happening here.


    The transcript of that call was unexpectedly released, and and just like the Mueller witch hunt, it was a giant nothingburger. So, now they are just throwing anything they can find against the wall, hoping something sticks. After all, they know they can't beat him, so they have to impeach him. As I recall, they even tried to use a "witness" who was fired several months before the call.
    Did you read either the report or the transcript? Because I don't think you have. Not to mention that several people (even those close to Trump) have already been convicted of crimes as a result of Mueller's report which, by the way, did not exonerate Trump.

    Oh, and this is dead upon arrival at the Senate anyway, so what is the real point? A taxpayer funded "campaign"?
    Party over country. Yes, we all know this to be true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    And Trump doesn't have the same rights as others? What about Butt-head's promise to tell gun owners and 2nd amendment advocates to go take a flying leap?
    I don't see how that equate to witness intimidation


    Why? Because I disagree with you? I understand, you don't like the direction that SCOTUS and the judiciary are moving.
    But many people do approve of Trump's appointments. And the judiciary was a prominent issue in the 2016 elections, you can't possibly claim it was "off the radar", so to speak. And you will notice who won that.
    Many, a majority, does not make.

    Unless the economy tanks big time next year, Trump is a virtual lock to win in 2020.
    Never mind the other aspects, such as judicial appointments, immigration policy, social aspects and so forth, by far the most important factor in people's voting decisions is their pocketbook.

    The U.S. economy is chugging along at a pace that hasn't been seen in DECADES. Unemployment is at record level lows, wages for workers are rising as employers compete for workers.

    That alone is enough to virtually guarantee any incumbent's re-election. Combine that with the absolute train wreck status of the Democratic field, and Trump can probably nap his way to victory. Why do you think it's DEMOCRAT politicians who say they have to impeach because they can't beat him?

    And this whole impeachment fiasco is going to hurt them in several ways. First off, it's pretty clear that the whole thing is just a highly partisan attempt to undo 2016, because the left still can't accept that they lost. And that's going to generate a lot of anger & motivate Trump supporters to go to the polls.

    2nd, the attempt is doomed to fail before it even got started, because the next stop in the impeachment train is the Senate, where it is certain to die a swift death. The Dems just don't have the votes there. So that is going to to negatively affect Democrat support for their people.
    Trump winning will more to do with the undeniable trend of incumbents winning reelection. There's a reason why term limits are severely needed in Congress, because it's not very often when an incumbent is beaten. In the past 100 years only 4 presidents lost a reelection, and a total of 8 (Grover Cleveland doesn't count). Those 8 done messed up real bad. Those some who did get reelected also had their issues yet still managed a reelection. So the odds are stacked up in Trump's favor by mere historical trends alone.


    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    And in the hypocrisy department....

    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...re-a-democrat/
    It's not the job of local government to enforce immigration law. If this is illegal, then why hasn't the DOJ sued these governments? Filed federal charges? Arrested noncooperative police officers for interference? I'll save you the hassle of the research by answering those questions. Because it's not illegal. Learn the law before you speak.


    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    You mean like the house impeachment attempt is anything but a partisan attempt to undo the results of a legitimate election because they can't accept that they lost?
    I'm sorry, I'm confused. Are you talking about Bill Clinton's impeachment or Donald Trumps? Because that's what Bill Clinton's impeachment was the whole time since the investigations started. GF mentioned it before and I'll repeat it. The democrats are behaving like republicans...you made your bed and now you have to sleep in it.


    You must be talking about JFK, one of our best presidents ever. Good illustration of how far the Democrats have sunk.
    FDR?Bill Clinton wasn't that bad...Obama saved the US from the Recession beginning the trend we are experiencing of dropping unemployment.

  10. #33870
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,411

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    But he hasn't testified, "eye" witnesses have. People who were in fact involved in the matter have and are testifying. The reason why he/she is not testifying is because they didn't see it themselves...I really can't follow your logic here (or lack thereof). You do realize that the existence of hearsay evidence does not preclude the inclusion of evidence that is not hearsay, right? It only means that said hearsay cannot be included. However there are several exceptions to the hearsay rule, I haven't looked into it to see if the whistleblower's testimony (which hasn't been taken) meets any of those exceptions. But this is the thing, you don't really know what you are talking about. You seem to be ignorant of the law.
    Funny thing is, up until about a month before the Democrats raised the "whistleblower", the whistleblower statutes required the blower to have direct, firsthand knowledge of events. Funny how that was changed by some bureaucrat, wasn't it?

    In poker, that's called a tell.

    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Trump winning will more to do with the undeniable trend of incumbents winning reelection. There's a reason why term limits are severely needed in Congress, because it's not very often when an incumbent is beaten. In the past 100 years only 4 presidents lost a reelection, and a total of 8 (Grover Cleveland doesn't count). Those 8 done messed up real bad. Those some who did get reelected also had their issues yet still managed a reelection. So the odds are stacked up in Trump's favor by mere historical trends alone.
    I know that. And the other things I mentioned only serve to further insure his 2nd term.

    Oh, and were you advocating term limits when Obama was in the white house for 2 terms?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  11. #33871
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,411

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    So, "quid quo pro" didn't stick 'cause there was none in the transcript, so throw another mudball, hope it sticks.

    Poor Democrats. So pathetic.

    Was it a bribe? Democrats trade 'quid quo pro' for 'bribery' in Trump impeachment messaging
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  12. #33872
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,171

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Funny thing is, up until about a month before the Democrats raised the "whistleblower", the whistleblower statutes required the blower to have direct, firsthand knowledge of events. Funny how that was changed by some bureaucrat, wasn't it?
    Really?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistl..._United_States

    In poker, that's called a tell.
    Under the law, you are spouting ignorant nonsense.
    Colour me surprised.

    I know that. And the other things I mentioned only serve to further insure his 2nd term.
    Your "other things" are your opinions, Tood stuck to historical facts and trends.
    So, which one of you is more trustworthy?
    Oh, and were you advocating term limits when Obama was in the white house for 2 terms?
    Knowing Tood, probably.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  13. #33873
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,171

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    So, "quid quo pro" didn't stick 'cause there was none in the transcript, so throw another mudball, hope it sticks.

    Poor Democrats. So pathetic.

    Was it a bribe? Democrats trade 'quid quo pro' for 'bribery' in Trump impeachment messaging
    You DO realise calling it flat out bribery is far more condemning that "Quid quo pro", and more understanding to the average joe, right?
    Sad the dumbing down required of legal proceedings for your average citizen.

    "I want something, you give me something"
    Normally, that would be trade.
    "I want something, you give me something I don't own" is corruption.
    "Do something for me, or I deny aid to your nation", is a high crime.

    This is NOT about party.
    Haven't "we lefties" proven enough times that impeachment is the legal remedy, as dictated by the constitution for those who are, to a degree, above the normal law? If Obama did what trump is doing, you would be leading the charge, and I bet when Clinton did the same, you were all for impeachment inquiries. It's about the LAW and the CONSTITUTION.
    You want to throw them out?
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  14. #33874
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,411

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    You DO realise calling it flat out bribery is far more condemning that "Quid quo pro", and more understanding to the average joe, right?
    Sad the dumbing down required of legal proceedings for your average citizen.

    "I want something, you give me something"
    Normally, that would be trade.
    "I want something, you give me something I don't own" is corruption.
    "Do something for me, or I deny aid to your nation", is a high crime.

    This is NOT about party.
    Haven't "we lefties" proven enough times that impeachment is the legal remedy, as dictated by the constitution for those who are, to a degree, above the normal law? If Obama did what trump is doing, you would be leading the charge, and I bet when Clinton did the same, you were all for impeachment inquiries. It's about the LAW and the CONSTITUTION.
    You want to throw them out?
    BS.
    Hasn't the U.S. been putting strings on its aid forever? Hell, the feds even have strings on financial aid to states, schools and just about everything else. Remember how the feds pushed the national 55 MPH speed limit? Speed limits within a state are a state issue per the Constitution. So the feds simply blackmailed the states. "Lower the limit, or no federal highway funds for you".

    This is B.A.U., except that it has the added benefit of hanging Biden out to dry.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  15. #33875
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    BS.
    Hasn't the U.S. been putting strings on its aid forever?
    not like this

    also this was about aiding Ukraine (allies) against the ruskies (enemy)

    by threatening to deny such aid your king's helping an enemy
    treason anyone?


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  16. #33876
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,171

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    BS.
    Nope, the law. Your ignorance of it does not make it BS
    Hasn't the U.S. been putting strings on its aid forever?
    The USA is entitled to put strings on aid. A example of this would be the global gag order because that is a foreign aid policy of the USA.
    A president cannot leverage US taxpayer money for personal gain. That is a crime, and one you just admitted trump has committed.
    Hell, the feds even have strings on financial aid to states, schools and just about everything else. Remember how the feds pushed the national 55 MPH speed limit? Speed limits within a state are a state issue per the Constitution. So the feds simply blackmailed the states. "Lower the limit, or no federal highway funds for you".
    Again, that is an internal issue. Were you so outraged when the fed wanted to blackmail the states with so called sanctuary cities?
    This is B.A.U., except that it has the added benefit of hanging Biden out to dry.
    Nope, it's an impeachable offence. Weather or not senate republicans will vote to convict has nothing to do with that at all.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  17. #33877
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,171

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  18. #33878
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,171

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread



    oopsie.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  19. #33879
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,411

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Today's cat fighting looks like a draw to me. From a report I just saw on TV(Not Fox, one of the alphabet networks), both sides can claim about the same points.

    But there is something that doesn't ring right. Trump was telling his underling back in April or May, using the exact phrase "no quid quo pro"?
    The meaning may have been the same, but I don't buy that being verbatim.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  20. #33880
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,171

    Default Re: The Political Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Today's cat fighting looks like a draw to me. From a report I just saw on TV(Not Fox, one of the alphabet networks), both sides can claim about the same points.

    But there is something that doesn't ring right. Trump was telling his underling back in April or May, using the exact phrase "no quid quo pro"?
    The meaning may have been the same, but I don't buy that being verbatim.
    No, he told that to Sondland in September AFTER he got caught.
    The only reason the term "no quid pro quo" came up is because it was the term the Democrats were using. If they said bribery right off the bat, the comment would be "no bribery"
    They are lying through their teeth.
    Is it sinking in yet?
    trump is not on trial for being a republican, he is on trial for being a criminal.
    Oh, and if you are watching the hearings, pay REALLY close attention to the questioning about exactly who holds the power of the purse, and that law exists to directly prevent potus from stopping aid on a whim.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Page 1694 of 1701 FirstFirst ... 69411941594164416841691169216931694169516961697 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3363
    Last Post: March 5th, 2008, 11:02 AM
  2. Political Discussion: The proper place of the Law
    By uknesvuinng in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM
  3. The WW2 Discussion Thread
    By the_dark_light in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: July 20th, 2007, 01:12 AM
  4. X-Men III Discussion Thread
    By twiggy in forum Marvel Universe (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: October 6th, 2006, 11:12 PM
  5. Replies: 38
    Last Post: August 25th, 2004, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •