X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
    For example?

Sorry that should say shouldn't

Hes been waiting all his life to become king I don't see him giving it up.
    He gets extremely outspoken on matters like global warming, he sends memos to politicians in which he advocates his views, and he has practically always been surrounded by controversy, whether or not he causes it. I think it would be a good thing to have a fresh face on the throne.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
      He gets extremely outspoken on matters like global warming, he sends memos to politicians in which he advocates his views, and he has practically always been surrounded by controversy, whether or not he causes it. I think it would be a good thing to have a fresh face on the throne.
      I remember there was something a couple of years ago about him trying to influence planning decisions when he didn't like the style of the building being built.
      sigpic
      http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
      http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

He would probably being so outspoken if he become monarch but point taken.

Considering what happened last time a monarch abdictated I don't see him doing it and I don't see William asking him to do so either.

Comment

In a practical sense, I don't see him stepping aside, and never seeing William ask him to do it. I simply don't fancy the concept of Charles on the crown, because of his outspoken-ness. I recall a BBC article saying that Charles wouldn't act like that when/if he's crowned, but I'm rather reserved about that concept.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

I'm changing the subject.

Does anybody else find it ironic that while America spends hundreds of billions of dollars overseas in this vain attempt to determine the fate of these foreign nations, and hundreds of millions of dollars helping illegal immigrants, we are told that we can't afford to take care of our own national needs at home?

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post

Does anybody else find it ironic that while America spends hundreds of billions of dollars overseas in this vain attempt to determine the fate of these foreign nations, and hundreds of millions of dollars helping illegal immigrants, we are told that we can't afford to take care of our own national needs at home?
              Hundreds of billions in what sense? Like military spending or foreign aid (which I thought was fairly small and nowhere near hundreds of billions)?

If illegal immigration is such an issue in the States, perhaps it's time to consider changing the law on automatic citizenship. Ireland did it a few years back after a lawyer advised a Chinese couple to give birth in Ireland because their working conditions in England wouldn't automatically grant their second child citizenship (because they worked for an Embassy or Consulate). So as a result, Ireland changed it's law so you can only get citizenship through if one parent is a citizen or their grandparent is.

sigpic

Comment

Hundreds of billions in what sense? Like military spending or foreign aid (which I thought was fairly small and nowhere near hundreds of billions)?
                Here's something for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar..._United_States

And on Hulu you might want to watch the documentary "Rethinking Afghanistan".

And I probably should've thought that phrase out a little bit better.

Comment

Speading money on aid on countries is a useful defence policy as it can help develop and stabilise them, and then they might not provide places where terrorists can stem from.

Comment

And on Hulu you might want to watch the documentary "Rethinking Afghanistan".

And I probably should've thought that phrase out a little bit better.
                    That wouldn't have anything to do with the US supporting Afghanistan during their fight against the USSR and not sticking around after they won?

sigpic

Comment

Considering this argument has infected other threads, I shall bring it up here, so as to keep it centralized.

Abortion.

Yes. Let's keep this civilized.

sigpic

Comment

Here is something else that can only hurt Obama in the long run:

http://firedoglake.com/2011/10/07/pr...eet-of-crimes/

Barack Obama slept through his securities law class at Harvard. That’s the only explanation I can offer for his answer to Jake Tapper’s question at a press conference Thursday. Tapper asked him about the failure of his administration to prosecute a single Wall Street executive. From the transcript.

Well, first on the issue of prosecutions on Wall Street, one of the biggest problems about the collapse of Lehmans and the subsequent financial crisis and the whole subprime lending fiasco is that a lot of that stuff wasn’t necessarily illegal, it was just immoral or inappropriate or reckless….

By “a lot of stuff”, the President means everything that happened, from fraudulent sales of real estate mortgage-backed securities, to Repo 105, to filing false affidavits in foreclosure proceedings. He knows this even though there have been no criminal investigations, no FBI inquiries, no Grand Jury subpoenas, and apparently no review of independent investigations. For him, this isn’t about law. He just knows that the immoral and inappropriate and reckless behavior that caused the Great Crash and the Lesser Depression wasn’t a crime.

Obama’s blanket pardon isn’t newsworthy. No one in the national media picked it up. I checked the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, the LA Times, and the Chicago Tribune (which published the AP report). None of them mentioned the Q&A. I checked Google News and couldn’t find any mention of it except in live blogs. Obama’s dismissive response reflects the view of the American Oligarchy, the financial elites who run the country, and the media they own and operate.

Tapper asked the question in the context of Occupy Wall Street, pointing out that one theme is the failure of his administration prosecute a single Wall Street executive. The President refused to acknowledge the pervasive fraud documented by the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission, Senators Levin and Coburn, ProPublica, and every other independent investigation. Yves Smith lays out some of the crimes here.
                        So make that four big things that really hurt him.

His unwillingness to allow states to make their own laws to control illegal immigration, 26 states suing him for UHC, a poor economy with failed stimulus package and furthering the gulf between the rich and the poor.

This will be seen as him favoring the rich over the poor, and this will be a bad thing with the poor economy.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                          Abortion.

Yes. Let's keep this civilized.
                          Really? Abortion debates are never civilised.
                          sigpic
                          http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                          http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                            Really? Abortion debates are never civilised.
                            A mistake in the post on my part. It should have read: "Let's attempt to keep this civilized."

sigpic

Comment

Aborted babies are tasty. Go good in barbecue sauce.

Comment

Okay, THAT was unnecessary. You are not usually so offensive.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X