This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    And with all the furor the GOP DID give the Dems, i criticize them for doing the same now. However i do find it somewhat poetic that those same DEMS are crying foul about "How dare the GOP do this behind close doors"..
    I agree. I'm not pleased with the closed door process the Senate is using to come up with its health care bill, nor am I pleased that it appears they are going to try to do a hurry up and pass it routine, not giving the public time to understand & comment on it. This alone is a pretty good indicator that whatever comes out won't be acceptable.

Comment

It seems you two have forgotten history, as usual.

http://affordablehealthca.com/timeline-obamacare/

The GOP -claimed- it was kept secret, but it was discussed and debated on the floor of the House and senate for -MONTHS-.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        If the military supports the usurping govt.

The oath of enlistment contains the phrase "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic".
        They swore to defend the Constitution, not a man or men. If the leadership of the govt. goes rogue, it's quite possible the military will refuse to support him or it.
        Who needs the Armed services, the cops alone will hose any "civilian uprising".
        Point being, take the Armed services out, take the cops out, the civilians don't even need to be armed to take down the government, and if they are, they are just an armed mob. You march 500, 1000 people to Capitol hill with no police or army to stop them and they could simply -remove- the government from power by either disruption or dragging them out.
        Now, I'm not saying that would not create it's own set of problems, because it would. -But- the people could do it easily.
        sigpic

Comment

I agree. I'm not pleased with the closed door process the Senate is using to come up with its health care bill, nor am I pleased that it appears they are going to try to do a hurry up and pass it routine, not giving the public time to understand & comment on it. This alone is a pretty good indicator that whatever comes out won't be acceptable.
          At least 3 GOP senators say they won't vote yes on it. So hopefully that means its DOA>. Back to the drawing board..

Comment

At least 3 GOP senators say they won't vote yes on it. So hopefully that means its DOA>. Back to the drawing board..
            Up to 4 as of this writing. And they won't be able to get any Dems on board.

Comment

Up to 4 as of this writing. And they won't be able to get any Dems on board.
              Let me get this straight.
              You are glad that the party you both voted for can't pass their legislative agenda on healthcare because it was done in secret, and it basically sucks arse?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                You are glad that the party you both voted for can't pass their legislative agenda on healthcare because it was done in secret, and it basically sucks arse?
                I don't trust the process they are using. As far as the entire health care topic goes, I didn't like it when the Dems did the hurry-up in 2009, and I don't like it this time, either. The very fact that they are using this process is almost a guarantee that they're going to do something which sucks. I don't have all the details, but from what I've heard the Senate did indeed lay an egg.

Originally posted by Nancy Pelosi circa 2009
                “We have to pass the bill to find out what’s in it,”

Comment

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...ealthcare-bill
                  sigpic

Comment

If the military supports the usurping govt.

The oath of enlistment contains the phrase "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic".
                    They swore to defend the Constitution, not a man or men. If the leadership of the govt. goes rogue, it's quite possible the military will refuse to support him or it.
                    If the US military would defend the freedom of citizens from our own government...then doesn't that defeat the purpose of an armed citizenship?
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Although there are certainly things I like, such as removal of the individual mandate, repeal of all but one obamacare tax and defunding PP, I have some concerns with that, mainly vague terminology. As they say, the devil is in the details. They're still not putting their cards on the table.

More flexibility on insurance regulations. The bill doesn’t include the controversial House waivers letting states charge consumers more based on health status and lifting a requirement to cover certain health services. But it bolsters waivers created under the Affordable Care Act that gives states use creative ways to implement ObamaCare. The new powers give the states more flexibility to use waivers to decide the rules of insurance for their state.

Senior GOP Senate aides say the waivers can be used to waive essential health benefits. But in a departure from the House bill, states can't opt of regulations governing pre-existing conditions.
                      What sort of devil might be hiding in this "flexibility" ?

Doesn't matter anyway, in that form, I doubt it will pass.

Comment

Although there are certainly things I like, such as removal of the individual mandate, repeal of all but one obamacare tax and defunding PP, I have some concerns with that, mainly vague terminology. As they say, the devil is in the details. They're still not putting their cards on the table.

What sort of devil might be hiding in this "flexibility" ?

Doesn't matter anyway, in that form, I doubt it will pass.
                        If healthy people don't get insurance and only sick people get it that would automatically increase the prices due to market forces. So how to you account for that? Essentially if everyone was (in one way or another) paying into insurance, prices would actually be lower because a lot of healthy people would be paying into it but not using as much as sick people. It's my understanding that the individual mandate was designed for this, so what's its replacement? From what I hear, the tax credits would only be enough to buy 2 (maybe 3 months if one is healthy and young) worth of insurance...
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

There is no replacement for it tood, it's just gone.
                          sigpic

Comment

OK I am still puzzled. Didn't Trumpy win the election.
                            Why is he still doing rallies?

Why did they forcibly remove wheelchair protesters from the Capital building?
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              Yes, cause what they are currently trying to pass is SHEITE.. Its imo nothing more than obama-care lite..

Comment

Yes, cause what they are currently trying to pass is SHEITE.. Its imo nothing more than obama-care lite..
                                So, what would you want in a healthcare bill? What -in general- do you think it should do?

Oh, and if it passes, and it still could, what will do you about it?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X