No announcement yet.

The end of Stargate Atlantis?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That could indeed make a good plot line, but sadly, we'll never know.
    sigpic
    Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

GET RID OF WRESTLING!!!!!!!!

It has NOTHING to do with Sci fi AT ALL. They lost a huge portion of viewers with that crap, then insulted us even further by moving it to Friday nights for 2 hours! Idjits!
      "It's a blast door"

Comment

Originally posted by Julez View Post
        GET RID OF WRESTLING!!!!!!!!

It has NOTHING to do with Sci fi AT ALL. They lost a huge portion of viewers with that crap, then insulted us even further by moving it to Friday nights for 2 hours! Idjits!
        Heh.

Remember, it's not Sci Fi anymore. It's Syfy. I guess wrestling fits into Syfy, right?

Comment

Syfy is a (bad) joke. They're catering to the lowest common denominator and basically become Spike 2, at the expense of a good bit of their fan base (and made some truly inept programming decisions). I'm assuming that it will continue to deteriorate until actual science-fiction on the network is but a memory.

I miss having Stargate to look forward to.

Comment

I wish very much to have at least another 5 series SGA. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Dundee30 View Post
              I wish very much to have at least another 5 series SGA. . .
              Sorry mate - you'll have to write them yourself or visit SGA Rising for a virtual season 6.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Probably so. . . :-)

Comment

The people running the "Syfy" network think the viewers are "dumbies" who will watch anything whether it's science-fiction or not. In all probability, whoever's running the network probably thought dumbing it down further would draw in more viewers. This is just speculation. Regardless, I'll offer something constructive...

When a network goes down the toilet, change the channel. Problem solved!

Comment

thank god for dvd...free from crappy programs like wrestling for instance.

the legacy book series set post season 5 is actually pretty good if you are looking for new atlantis content.

those who don't fall, never stand up

Comment

Nah... I like how it ended.

Comment

It ended... whether I like it or not... somewhere in between... it's done. Finito! The end! The fat lady has sung (whatever that means anyway)...

Though I do like our virtual season 6 - SGA Rising.

Comment

I wish we could get more Atlantis too.

I really liked Atlantis Rising, (virtual season 6.), the writers did a great job but there was just one thing that I couldn't get over so I stopped reading it. But it's really, really good.
                          sigpic
                          God Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Ranger View Post
                            I really liked Atlantis Rising, (virtual season 6.), the writers did a great job but there was just one thing that I couldn't get over so I stopped reading it. But it's really, really good.
                            What might that be? I'm curious... just send me a PM, so at least no derailment happens (which I tend to invoke sometimes).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              It ended... whether I like it or not... somewhere in between... it's done. Finito! The end! The fat lady has sung (whatever that means anyway)...
                              Well said. It could have ended earlier... It could have ended on a cliffhanger with "The Siege, Part 2," "Allies," "First Strike," or "The Last Man." Yeah, "Enemy at the Gate" ends on a little bit of a cliffhanger in that sense of, "What happens now?" However, I like having that left to the imagination. Some of us will imagine that Atlantis stays on Earth, others will imagine Atlantis returning to Pegasus.

Comment

Working...
                              X