This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did you stop watching?

To those who are fans but stopped watching one of the shows or the overall franchise at some point, when did you stop watching? I don't want to go bashing this show or that show, just tell us when and why you stopped watching. The idea is to critique, not to bash.

I thoroughly enjoyed SG-1 and Atlantis from start to finish as well as all three movies. I dropped out when Universe began. To put it simply, the show was boring. I also didn't like how the pilot (the "Air" trilogy) was told out of sequence. When they are escaping Icarus base, there is zero tension, because I already know they're all on Destiny. The show was boring, so I passed. I don't watch dramas, because they bore me. Given the show was trying to be more drama, less adventure, I think that's why the show lost me.

Sadly, this means Stargate ended (for me) in January, 2009.

What about you?

For me, it hasn't ended.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      For me, it hasn't ended.
      It'll NEVA end!
      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
      ---
      sigpic

Comment

Its kinda bashing... sorry.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
          Its kinda bashing... sorry.
          How? The OP was merely expressing his/her opinion.

Comment

When they are escaping Icarus base, there is zero tension, because I already know they're all on Destiny.
            epic fail. the concept of unsync'd storytelling is so you think "how?"

Comment

loved all of sg1 and liked most of sga but i just couldnt get into sgu so i gave up after season 1.
              sigpic
              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

It'll end when sgu's over for me I've had fill of the spinning thing
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It started with SG1 first season, but then it ended after the few first seasons as it got just boring for me. Then it restarted again with SGA but ended shortly after the beginning of season 4 (great start but became weaker season after season). And finally it restarted in full swing with SGU and I expect it will only end with the last episode of SGU which will air (still hoping for a 3rd season), because SGU has become exactly the sort of show I like.
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                  Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    It'll end when sgu's over for me I've had fill of the spinning thing
                    I remember you saying the same thing when Atlantis was cancelled
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I haven't had a single "stop watching" moments, but a few of them. I've started and stopped watching both SG1 and SGA after a couple of seasons (if they play on Space channel, I might watch the odd episode now, but I don't watch either with any sort of regularity). I haven't stopped watching SGU yet
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I'll never ever, ever stop watching!
                        Beside, I've got Universe and some seasons of SG-1 to watch!
                        sigpic

Comment

I "stopped" with the Atlantis finale.

When people were calling for a boycott of Stargate: Universe, I decided that I wouldn't watch it at all (while it aired) and I haven't. Though it's not because I have been blaming it for Atlantis' cancellation or because I assume it is bad. In fact, nothing I have heard about it has really turned me off - The initial trailer really peeked my interest and I have no preference toward how lighthearted or dark a show is. It's just that I couldn't get wrapped up in another Stargate show on a week-to-week basis, only to have it canceled before its time.

I loved Atlantis and was deeply into seeing some sort of "final" face-off with the Wraith and had previously I just starting to really get into the Ori storyline before the Sci-fi channel decided that they wanted to take their winning programming block and hack it to bits. And, instead of acknowledging that their attempt at "year round programming" idea wasn't working and trying to fix it, they either canceled their previous successes just about right off or their "solution" was to make it worse. As in the case of Atlantis, which they decided should air, all on its own during the fall season, after seeing what that did to Battlestar Galactica's ratings.

So anyway, after all that, I knew they were going to kill of Universe in the same kind of way and I decided to wait until the series was concluded to watch any of it. It's just a lot less painful when you know that it was canceled early going in and you only get invested in that series for the number of days (as opposed to years) that it takes you to watch it all the way through.

Comment

For SG-1 it was the episode with The Dragon, Ardia, Baal and the um

SGA I stopped getting excited after I watched the WTF last 30 seconds of the Shrine. After that it was Oh yah SGA is coming on. Then I started DVRing it and watching it on fast forward.

I didn't watch SGU. (not because of SGA getting the ax, I was glad it did) but because of TPTB.
                            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I'm still watching and will continue until SGU goes off the air. I got bored with SGA around mid season 4, but I continued watching because it was still good it just wasn't as good as it had been.

Wanna know a secret?
                              Spoiler:
                              I even tried Stargate: Infinity! I know we're not supposed to mention it here, but I use it to demonstrate how much I love the franchise.
                              "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                              - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X