Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of Answers from "Ask Joe Mallozzi" - Spoilers/Speculation for SG-1 and SGA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once you start splitting hairs over spoilers, it never ends.

There is a spoiler warning in the subject line. The thread has operated just fine over the past year-plus that it's been here with nary a problem- even when the UK/Canada was getting eps before the US. If you click on the thread, you do so knowing FULL WELL that there will be spoilers and just because that includes some that you personally (in a general sense) don't want to hear, then it isn't the fault of all the OTHER people posting on the thread. You can't tailor it to specific groups and if you do, then you have to start applying it to everything else, too.

Darren dictates spoiler policy. If he thinks any chances need to be made, he'll make them. Personally, I think it gets far too anal when you say that even though the thread title warns of spoilers, you still have to tag within the thread. Or that you have to tag for CERTAIN things, but not others. Or that only specific groups of people need to tag things. Or that certain topics need to be tagged, but others don't matter.

Anyway, if you think there's a burning, agonizing need to change the spoiler rules for Gateworld (or even the rules for Joe's specific thread) then by all means, talk to Darren about it. He's the one in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
      I don't think it's a tough transitional period. I'm quite liking S9. Far better than S8 for me.
      I blow hot & cold on S9, depending on the episode, but I'm generally liking it better than S8 (began well, ended well ... lotsa 'meh' in between). For one thing, they obviously have more money & better guest stars to play with. For another, the addition of Beau Bridges and the increased presence of Bill Dow as Dr. Lee goes a long way to filling the palpable void created by Don Davis' & Teryl Rothery's absences in S8. Just my tuppence. Plus, Joe and his colleagues seem to be enjoying having some new & different characters to right for, so even if I don't always like the result, I hardly ever get the feeling they're bored.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

i am liking season 9 atm... i think that it is tough to get used to the new chemistry, but i am liking what i have seen!!!
        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

I'm loving season 9. Arguably one of hte best seasons yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
            How about spoiler tags only need to be used on the new episodes shown within the last two weeks (eg. this week it would be Collateral Damage and Ripple Effect for SG-1- on Fourth Horseman tags wouldn't be needed). That way, those of us who are two weeks behind in getting the eps because of where we live can still ask Joe questions without being spoiled, but everything else is fair game- it depends on how far behind the non-americans are- I don't know if Britain is on the same schedule or a couple weeks behind, but a happy medium could be formed. But for those newer to the Stargate universe that haven't seen every episode (myself included), can either take their chances or avoid the thread altogether if they don't want to be spoiled.
            I'd love to be able to help out those who are avoiding spoilers - I know how tough it is and how much more rewarding it is to watch an episode without knowing anything that is about to happen.

However, a seperate spoiler policy like that would just be too tough to operate. People simply wouldn't realise there was a seperate policy for just that one thread. And it is great that Joe devotes a little of his spare time to answering questions here - I don't think we can ask him to take up more of that time inserting spoiler tags. So that would mean that the mods would have to do it.
            sigpic

Comment

Damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it!!

Well, so much for our "safe" spoiler source.

Comment

Well, there you have it Joe closed his thread and his blog. I'm surprised he put up with it for this long.

Thanks Joe for being amazingly patient all this time. It was good of you to take your own time to answer our questions. I hope you wont give up on the forum all together and we will still see you occationally.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                  Well, there you have it Joe closed his thread and his blog. I'm surprised he put up with it for this long.
                  BUMMER! ... Just as he was talking about the big 200. That sucks!

I hope all the trolls are happy. I know i'm not.

Thanks a lot Joe for taking the time out to talk to us... hope you come back and play occasionally.
                  I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I'm depressed now, and I really want to kick some trolls. Bah.

*cries*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Bye Joe, thanks for playing.

Comment

Damn, now I'm never going to know if wraith clothing is made out of PEOPLE.

Take care Joe. I'm especially going to miss your anime updates.

Comment

Working...
                        X