Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of Answers from "Ask Joe Mallozzi" - Spoilers/Speculation for SG-1 and SGA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateGipsy
    Me too. I loved DS9. However, I have to say that I think Stargate does do better over all.
    I think they're both the best in their respective universes. I love Ben Sisco and I loved the way that things were sometimes very hard on DS9 just like it should be when you're in outer space. Things shouldn't always be so easy. Somethings should leave a lingering hurt...like when Jadzia dies and when Ben and Casey were separated at the end. I still cry when I watch the last show.
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

Comment

re: the lack of Jonas in SG-1 and Atlantis... He wasn't spun off to Atlantis because S8 happened and they had to change the storylines. At present, there are no plans to include him in either show, because "the right story hasn't come along". Theoretically, that could change, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        re: the lack of Jonas in SG-1 and Atlantis... He wasn't spun off to Atlantis because S8 happened and they had to change the storylines.
        You mean S7.
        At present, there are no plans to include him in either show, because "the right story hasn't come along". Theoretically, that could change, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
        No, but at least now he has been officially mentioned in a season 8 episode.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

The implications made by TPTB at conventions are that there will never be a Jonas episode again. They've been uncharactistically clear about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
            You mean S7.
            Whatever. Both seasons sucked, AFAIC.

And yeah, MF, didn't Greenburg or someone flat-out state there would NEVER be another Jonas ep, EVER? But I keep getting accused of being nasty and bitter and I just don't feel like going there right now. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Whatever. Both seasons sucked, AFAIC.

And yeah, MF, didn't Greenburg or someone flat-out state there would NEVER be another Jonas ep, EVER? But I keep getting accused of being nasty and bitter and I just don't feel like going there right now. *sigh*
              That was pretty much the impression I got - I was at that panel.

I fully understand where you're coming from. Not bitter, just tired of talking about it, so I often just lapse into a shorthand that does sound bitter (so I've stopped doing that.) Jonas isn't coming back and I feel like for two years now I've been saying the same things over and over. There was a fantastic chemistry between Jonas and Daniel, rather like what Jack and Daniel used to have in the early seasons. I feel like we've been cheated of what could have been a much better S7. But it just gets boring, doesn't it, saying the same things over and over again? I know it is new to other people, and they constantly ask when is Jonas coming back or why not Jonas for S9 etc. But I just don't have the heart to participate in those conversations anymore. At some point I just have to move on

I'm just going to concentrate on hoping that BB adds that missing element to S9. I am quite sure he'll bounce really well off of Michael Shanks, and ditto Christopher Judge. So keeping my fingers crossed.
              sigpic

Comment

Sometimes I just feel like saying, "He's not coming back. Get over it." But then I'd really be accused of awful things.

I do feel sorry for the noobs, sometimes. They come in all bouncy and saying, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if...?" when I know that even if Hell DID freeze over, what they want would never happen. And I know fans need to have hope, but when something is THAT impossible I feel bad watching them bounce around all happy and hopeful about it. It seems almost cruel to let them suffer under such delusions and the eventual heart-ache it'll lead to when they find out the truth. But I am trying to scale back on how often I point out the Emporer's extreme lack of clothing (so to speak). Besides, as you said, after a while it just gets so... tiring. And pointless. You can only say the same thing so many ways and in so many places before you start wondering why you bother? There'lll always be new people around who will stay determined to believe something no matter what evidence there is to the contrary. And getting flamed and negged and ridiculed for my attempts doesn't make me very inclined to speak up, either.

Oh, I'll continue to speak my mind and frak those who can't deal with it, but there are some issues where it just isn't worth it anymore.

Comment

Personally, I have a feeling Joe won't be back for a while. The thread was getting bogged down with chatter and sniping and then it was moved and renamed without any warning or notice and I've a feeling Joe came in, searched for the thread (especially hard to do if it doesn't have the same name), couldn't find it, and figured that was that. Time to scoot.

Hopefully he'll be back again some day and maybe the matter can be cleared up for him then, but meanwhile the questions thread will just grow and grow and the poor guy will NEVER catch up.

Ah well. It was nice while it lasted. It'll be nice again, eventually...

Comment

Shadow, many months can go by without a visit from Joe. We simply never know when he'll get the time to come in here. And please do give us mods some credit .

For all our faults (and we know they're many, we get them all pointed out to us several times each day ) we simply wouldn't rename and move a thread without a word or without communicating its location to the folks that really need to know (ie Joe).
                    Last edited by GateGipsy; 24 January 2005, 07:45 AM. Reason: hit post when meant to hit go advanced!
                    sigpic

Comment

I suppose. And I DO know that we can go for months (or longer) without ever seeing him, it just seemed odd that his wandering off THIS time seemed to coincide with the thread move.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                        Shadow, many months can go by without a visit from Joe. We simply never know when he'll get the time to come in here.
                        So he's kinda like Gandalf?
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          So he's kinda like Gandalf?
                          "Oh, Mr UP, sir, don't let him turn me into anything unnatural...." my second favourite quote, slightly tweaked

I bet he's busy with scripts. It's that time of year
                          Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

Joe's fireworks are quite a bit different from Gandalf's.

Comment

read thru Joe's comments, but dont think he gave us an update on RDA's Talks about S9, anyone hear anything?? Hope they write him out in a Good way so that if he decides to Return it will be feasable.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                                I hear there's gonna be a new general in S9. Any chance we can get a woman general? We need more women military in the show It'd be cool to have one at the top
                                You mean like Queen Latifah?
                                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 08 April 2005, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X