Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 165663646566
Results 1,301 to 1,316 of 1316

Default Re: Discussion of Answers from "Ask Joe Mallozzi" - Spoilers/Speculation for SG-1 and SGA

Of course the other side to this is the amount of people who are interested in his ice-cream recipes.

Nice, cosy, has a fireplace and lots of books.

Default Re: Discussion of Answers from "Ask Joe Mallozzi" - Spoilers/Speculation for SG-1 and

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Joe is NOT a stupid man, Phoenix. I think he and all the other producers, directors, actors and even the catering guys know that fans want Jack back, that they want to see Thor, that they (some of them) want to see more ship, more Vala, more this, less that... Give 'em credit for having BRAINS, ya know? You don't have to beat them over the head continuously. If we manage to get through a day (or a week) without people asking about Jack, I don't think TPTB are suddenly going to say, "Golly, I guess they don't want to see Jack anymore!"

Now, thinking THAT would be stupid.
    As I recall it was RDA who chose to leave the show... For that, I wouldn't put any pressure regarding RDA returning to the series for guest appearences. Infact, I was happy to be able to see him in Avalon I and Origin.

I am just trying to adapt to the new chemistry of the show right now... And if and when RDA appears again, I will be pleased. Things are not horrible in regards to storylines, etc., but it is a tough transitional period for both SG1 and Atlantis.

Since we know they come up with wonderful and incredible storylines, like: Lost City, Reckoning and Heroes... I would be patient and let them build things up a bit.

I have some issues with Atlantis Season 2... But, I know I will eventually get the answers in time.

Mattathias

Assistant Headmaster of Hogwarts Neelan_Liquor's Avatar

Default Re: Discussion of Answers from "Ask Joe Mallozzi" - Spoilers/Speculation for SG-1 and

Quote Originally Posted by GateGipsy
    I just wanted to let you know that we do fully sympathise with what you're saying, me especially as I try to stay spoiler free! I know, hard when you're a mod, there is a definite art to it! And also to let you know it's something we're not just ignoring.
    You guys could have ME ask Joe your questions... I don't mind spoilers, so I'm in the Ask Joe thread all the time. Mostly I cruise through looking for Joe's posts, since he posts both the question AND answer in each of his own posts. So if you want to ask a question, and don't want to risk being spoiled, PM me your question and I'll ask on your behalf. Honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattathias2.0
    I am just trying to adapt to the new chemistry of the show right now... And if and when RDA appears again, I will be pleased. Things are not horrible in regards to storylines, etc., but it is a tough transitional period for both SG1 and Atlantis.
    I don't think it's a tough transitional period. I'm quite liking S9. Far better than S8 for me.

Default Re: Discussion of Answers from "Ask Joe Mallozzi" - Spoilers/Speculation for SG-1 and SGA

How about spoiler tags only need to be used on the new episodes shown within the last two weeks (eg. this week it would be Collateral Damage and Ripple Effect for SG-1- on Fourth Horseman tags wouldn't be needed). That way, those of us who are two weeks behind in getting the eps because of where we live can still ask Joe questions without being spoiled, but everything else is fair game- it depends on how far behind the non-americans are- I don't know if Britain is on the same schedule or a couple weeks behind, but a happy medium could be formed. But for those newer to the Stargate universe that haven't seen every episode (myself included), can either take their chances or avoid the thread altogether if they don't want to be spoiled.

Once you start splitting hairs over spoilers, it never ends.

There is a spoiler warning in the subject line. The thread has operated just fine over the past year-plus that it's been here with nary a problem- even when the UK/Canada was getting eps before the US. If you click on the thread, you do so knowing FULL WELL that there will be spoilers and just because that includes some that you personally (in a general sense) don't want to hear, then it isn't the fault of all the OTHER people posting on the thread. You can't tailor it to specific groups and if you do, then you have to start applying it to everything else, too.

Darren dictates spoiler policy. If he thinks any chances need to be made, he'll make them. Personally, I think it gets far too anal when you say that even though the thread title warns of spoilers, you still have to tag within the thread. Or that you have to tag for CERTAIN things, but not others. Or that only specific groups of people need to tag things. Or that certain topics need to be tagged, but others don't matter.

Anyway, if you think there's a burning, agonizing need to change the spoiler rules for Gateworld (or even the rules for Joe's specific thread) then by all means, talk to Darren about it. He's the one in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep'sSocks
    I don't think it's a tough transitional period. I'm quite liking S9. Far better than S8 for me.
    I blow hot & cold on S9, depending on the episode, but I'm generally liking it better than S8 (began well, ended well ... lotsa 'meh' in between). For one thing, they obviously have more money & better guest stars to play with. For another, the addition of Beau Bridges and the increased presence of Bill Dow as Dr. Lee goes a long way to filling the palpable void created by Don Davis' & Teryl Rothery's absences in S8. Just my tuppence. Plus, Joe and his colleagues seem to be enjoying having some new & different characters to right for, so even if I don't always like the result, I hardly ever get the feeling they're bored.

i am liking season 9 atm... i think that it is tough to get used to the new chemistry, but i am liking what i have seen!!!

Captain

I'm loving season 9. Arguably one of hte best seasons yet.

Destiny Angel
    (Moderator)
    Body: UK; Soul: NZ; Spirt: out among the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Trek_Girl42
    How about spoiler tags only need to be used on the new episodes shown within the last two weeks (eg. this week it would be Collateral Damage and Ripple Effect for SG-1- on Fourth Horseman tags wouldn't be needed). That way, those of us who are two weeks behind in getting the eps because of where we live can still ask Joe questions without being spoiled, but everything else is fair game- it depends on how far behind the non-americans are- I don't know if Britain is on the same schedule or a couple weeks behind, but a happy medium could be formed. But for those newer to the Stargate universe that haven't seen every episode (myself included), can either take their chances or avoid the thread altogether if they don't want to be spoiled.
    I'd love to be able to help out those who are avoiding spoilers - I know how tough it is and how much more rewarding it is to watch an episode without knowing anything that is about to happen.

However, a seperate spoiler policy like that would just be too tough to operate. People simply wouldn't realise there was a seperate policy for just that one thread. And it is great that Joe devotes a little of his spare time to answering questions here - I don't think we can ask him to take up more of that time inserting spoiler tags. So that would mean that the mods would have to do it.

General

Damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it!!

Well, so much for our "safe" spoiler source.

Well, there you have it Joe closed his thread and his blog. I'm surprised he put up with it for this long.

Thanks Joe for being amazingly patient all this time. It was good of you to take your own time to answer our questions. I hope you wont give up on the forum all together and we will still see you occationally.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3967&dateline=1196580684
Your Current Signature Picture

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!

Quote Originally Posted by GatetheWay
    Well, there you have it Joe closed his thread and his blog. I'm surprised he put up with it for this long.
    BUMMER! ... Just as he was talking about the big 200. That sucks!

I hope all the trolls are happy. I know i'm not.

Thanks a lot Joe for taking the time out to talk to us... hope you come back and play occasionally.
    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed

I'm depressed now, and I really want to kick some trolls. Bah.

*cries*

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

When all else fails, change channels.

Bye Joe, thanks for playing.

Damn, now I'm never going to know if wraith clothing is made out of PEOPLE.

Take care Joe. I'm especially going to miss your anime updates.