This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate franchise future plotting, discussion, speculation thread

I thought a thread for Stargate future discussion is appropriate one that isn't defined by movies and SGU.

I personally hope the SGU gets a miniseries to wrap it up because I think it needs it. I hope BW and Company or some one makes a fourth series and does it in a style that will make everyone happy and I hope the SG-1 and the SGA movies get made
    Last edited by poundpuppy29; 08 January 2011, 11:06 AM.
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Anytime a show gets to wrap up its story, it's usually a good thing
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

don't we already have threads discussing the future of the franchise?
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
        I personally hope the SGU gets a miniseries to wrap it up because I think it needs it.
        Why would Syfy agree to a miniseries when the ratings were in the toilet? If I were the network, I wouldn't wash my hands of Stargate, but most definitely of SGU.

I hope BW and Company or some one makes a fourth series and does it in a style that will make everyone happy
        The only way to do this is to ignore the fans and aim for the masses. Brad Wright and friends are loving their "fan worship" too much, they've lost objectivity. They need to be fired so new creative talent can be brought in.

and I hope the SG-1 and the SGA movies get made
        SGU's cancellation has shut the door on either movie being made for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          don't we already have threads discussing the future of the franchise?
          Those are tied to the movies or SGU

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          Why would Syfy agree to a miniseries when the ratings were in the toilet? If I were the network, I wouldn't wash my hands of Stargate, but most definitely of SGU.
          I don't think so because a proven product or franchise has a better chance for success than something new with out a fan base

The only way to do this is to ignore the fans and aim for the masses. Brad Wright and friends are loving their "fan worship" too much, they've lost objectivity. They need to be fired so new creative talent can be brought in.
          I really think you have over blown how much they think of us I do not think BW will give up on SG so quickly but new creative talent is needed agree

SGU's cancellation has shut the door on either movie being made for the foreseeable future.
          perhaps but if they create a new series they may have a chance again
          Last edited by poundpuppy29; 10 January 2011, 12:05 PM.
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I have lost some faith in Brad Wright simply because the Universe greenlight announcement came so soon on the heels of BSG's ending announcement and while the Atlantis cancellation announcement was still reaching some people. I fear that regardless of what he said about plans for SGU existing prior, BSG's exit from SciFi/SyFy heavily influenced the direction of the show. When Atlantis gets cancelled and Universe gets announced so close together it smacks of greed and selfishness. We may never know the real reason Atlantis ended the way it did but it's always going to smell a little for me.

I'm not going to get all nostalgic and say it was better in the old days, but there were many creative things that SG-1 and Atlantis did or said or touched on that were never revisited: Nox, Four Races, Unas, Tollan, or even storylines that were never resolved as far as the Jaffa, the Tok'Ra, Wraith, Lost tribe of Asgard and so on. Now obviously the likelihood of SG-1 and SGA getting new seasons years later is less than slim to none, but I doubt people ever thought they'd see new Doctor Who 18 years later either. Granted DW is a completely different animal, but my point is nothings impossible.

SG-1 season 9 (I think) was originally conceived as a different show with slightly different change in focus, Stargate Command. This would have lent itself to following the adventures of SG-2 and on as well as the occasional deep tie-in with Atlantis, without deviating too far from formula. There's no reason why the SGC concept couldn't be revisited as a continuation or a complete reboot, rewriting of canon.

One way or another we fans are going to carry the torch and continue to visit web-boards, watch our DVD's, and share our passion in some way. MGM believes in the profitability of the show today, even if SyFy isn't where we go for our fix. There are plenty of good ideas out there and plenty of potential left in the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Forte View Post
              MGM believes in the profitability of the show today, even if SyFy isn't where we go for our fix. There are plenty of good ideas out there and plenty of potential left in the franchise.
              Apparently not, according to what Brad has said in his blog about the cancellation of SGU being "bad news" for the tie-in movies and that NO fourth series is even on the table.

Comment

For all we know that could be for financial reasons which aren't directly related to SGU's appeal and profitably.

Comment

VERY BEST IS SG-1. Okay is SGA...

The old SG-1 is Jack O'neill will back reset hero with Sam,Teal'c and Daniel the new ship wars to the big galxary for maybe New Stargate: Legend. My dream it.... T_T

YES! It's Old SG-1 ties SGA movie maybe is New Stargate: Legend? It's nope SGU. sorry...

Thanks to Brad w. and J.M. look to my post is " New Stargate..." in GW.

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

OK I've been led to believe that the franchise is dead and buried and that it would remain so until decades from now with a Reboot at which time I would have been to old to care if it really did anyhow. Then after my time off this board I learn that Brad Wright has not given up on the Franchise but apparently many fans here have and want to kill it all costs. I'm disgusted at such attitude. How can people that claim to be Stargate fans want the franchise to be buried for the foreseeable future? As far as I'm concerned any true SG Franchise fans should ardently and enthusiastically support any attempts by Wright to keep it going on the air.
                    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                      OK I've been led to believe that the franchise is dead and buried and that it would remain so until decades from now with a Reboot at which time I would have been to old to care if it really did anyhow. Then after my time off this board I learn that Brad Wright has not given up on the Franchise but apparently many fans here have and want to kill it all costs. I'm disgusted at such attitude. How can people that claim to be Stargate fans want the franchise to be buried for the foreseeable future? As far as I'm concerned any true SG Franchise fans should ardently and enthusiastically support any attempts by Wright to keep it going on the air.
                      green!
                      the "it's dead!!!!eleventy1!" isn't coming from BW et al
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

My disappointment in the decision to cancel Atlantis had no effect on my interest in the franchise as a whole. I waited with barely-contained excitement for Universe and I watched it religiously because it was Stargate. I'm glad Brad isn't giving up on it and I'm happy to hear it even though I disagreed with decisions and change of direction. It is disheartening to see fans have given up just because a finicky network chose to abandon a show with growing potential. Frustrating as it is though, I can't fault SyFy for making a financial decision but I can fault them for moving the show to regular season and then Tuesday. Why would you put it up against the two of the biggest shows on television (the NCIS programs).

Comment

I don't believe it is dead I believe it is resting

I agree that putting up against NCIS on Tuesday was a bad idea
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                            I don't believe it is dead I believe it is resting

I agree that putting up against NCIS on Tuesday was a bad idea
                            It isn'tif BW himself and the rest of the team behind the franchise has not given up. It is the so called fanbase that has declared it dead and it pisses me off that they went as far as making it an official truth on this forums when it is decidedly not...
                            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

It's not over till the fat lady sings.

Well at the very least its not over until MGM officially announces that it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X