Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Ancient's failures and Plethora of other failed projects

Quote Originally Posted by Trinary View Post
    I guess Ancient didn't proceed to dial destiny because they may have found out it will cause the planet to explode. They may have suspend it to look for an alternative power source but caught up with war with the Wraith and plague. Probably, the Icarus project was unintentionally abandon project.
    The ancients didn't need to use a Icarus type planet. They had the means to create as many ZPMs as need + Icarus didn't explode becase we used it as a power source. It exploded because LA started firing towards the surface which made it unstable
    "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)
    http://www.signaturebar.com/uploads/images/71015.jpg

the ancients didnt need to dail destiny because they acsended and found out about the signal so they had no further need to go to destiny

Staff Sergeant

do the ancients have some failed projects, yes.......but their successes far out way their screw ups.......in the words of Anubis: "But as the old saying goes, nobody's perfect, not even higher beings"
    look, people are going to have failures, that shouldn't be a shock......and just because these failures are shown, that shouldn't make them look like idiots
    and just because a person wants to talk about those failures, that doesn't mean that he/she is bashing the Ancients

and, the Asurans work perfectly......it was simply that the Wraith found a way to reprogram them.......it was the programing that was the failure, a failure to protect from tampering, but not a failure on how they worked.......my query is, why didn't the Wraith just reprogram the Asuran to destroy the Ancients?

Major General

Perhaps it was harder to try and reprogram one of their core directives (not harm the ancients).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123