Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did the Seed Ships gather the materials for the gates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did the Seed Ships gather the materials for the gates?

I was just thinking about gate seeding while watching Tabula Rasa, and I wondered how the ships gathered the gate materials and other base elements to build the gates. Obviously they go to the planets, but what do they do from there?

Do they land and mine it, beam it up from space, enslave the inhabitants to mine it and ring it aboard?

Does anyone else have any ideas?
    Last edited by sgc; 08 January 2011, 06:45 PM.

How about the got their naq from asteroids , by mining it with robots .
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

OR using other compounds and elements to make it themselves, maybe thats why the gates have a limited range - inferior naquadah.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        OR using other compounds and elements to make it themselves, maybe thats why the gates have a limited range - inferior naquadah.
        Well still, how do they get those materials?

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
          Well still, how do they get those materials?
          theres a lot of junk floating around space, particualrly gases like hydrogen, nitrogen, helium etc and material such as carbon, iron, etc im sure theres plenty to be found.

Comment

theres a lot of junk floating around space, particualrly gases like hydrogen, nitrogen, helium etc and material such as carbon, iron, etc im sure theres plenty to be found.
            But how do the ships mine it, get it aboard the ship, and turn it into stargates?

Comment

Magnets.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

But how do the ships mine it, get it aboard the ship, and turn it into stargates?
                giant holes in the ship, i dont know

Comment

They sent Arnold out to mine it.

Comment

Or maybe they don't even have naquida in them.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Or maybe they don't even have naquida in them.
                      Even if they don't have naquadah in them, how do the ships get the materials?

Comment

Even if they don't have naquadah in them, how do the ships get the materials?
                        We don't know and probably never will.

Comment

It stops inside a star and starts to scoop up hydrogen and helium. Then it's fusion generators creats naquada, or some other useable material, and whatever tech is used inside the V:1.0 gates. Wether it be crystal tech og wires and chips.... (Leaning towards the later, as it would seem to be easier to make... Remember Orlin's gate much?)

Comment

It would be crystal tech. You can't just turn hydrogen into naquadah, but you can use matter-conversion tech, but I think that was beyond their level of tech at that point.

Comment

I was just thinking about gate seeding while watching Tabula Rasa, and I wondered how the ships gathered the gate materials and other base elements to build the gates. Obviously they go to the planets, but what do they do from there?

Do they land and mine it, beam it up from space, enslave the inhabitants to mine it and ring it aboard?

Does anyone else have any ideas?

SGU SEASON 1,2.................DESTINY SHIP SPECULATION................SG-1..............SGA...............

*********WARNING, LAST CHANCE TO TURN BACK**********

Spoiler:
                              ]SGC, I believe the answer to your question lies in the Ancients shown and, proven ability to create artificial intelligence and interface with it...Like Replicators or the “chair” device (both Destiny and Atlantis versions).

Remember the episode in SGA when the wraith scientist successfully interfaced with that Ancient warship, Aurora, I think?? How about when Rush discovered the ships bridge and was communicating with both Franklin and his wife on separate occasions...Well, was he hallucinating or actually interacting with the Destiny’s artificial intelligence/consciousness?? By the way, remember in season 2 episode “Sabotage” when Franklin sits in the chair then disappears...Where did he go? Who’s to say his consciousness isn’t alive and well somewhere within the ships intelligence (Remember Thor did it in SG-1 episode “Descent”).

If we all remember the SGU season 1 episodes “Faith” and then “Sabotage,” the team discovered those mechanical, spider like drones. They even put them to work in repairing the ships “FTL” drives as well. What if these drones transported to a planet’s surface somehow, then mined the materials? I mean, just look at the rover’s humanity is currently sending to Mars...Which bring back samples of rock and Martian surface material the like. Just look at how the SG-1 replicator's were able to consume raw materials, like Asgard ships, then literally produced more replicators. So, these drones probably “mine” but, how do the stargates get manufactured??

Well, remember in the SG-1 episode “New Order” when Thor was able to synthesize the anti-replicator weapon ala Star Trek “replicator” style...I don’t know about you, but the cargo room onboard the seeder ship looked the size o' warehouse or of an airplane hangar...It had dozens of orders of stargates completed, and ready for deployment.

Look, all I’m suggesting is that just maybe the Seeder ships and Destiny are a lot more intelligent than we know? Thor was able to synthesize the weapon with the Ancients knowledge, so it’s logical to assume that as long as the material is available and mined, then both the ships "intelligence” and technology are surely capable in manufacturing and, seeding stragates, yes?!

I do hope this helps?

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X