Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS9 Trials and Tribble-ations

I really enjoyed this ep but have a few questions:

Why did they cardassians hand over the Orb, i thought the federation was their enemy?
    Why didnt they search for the guy using the Defiants scanners?
    Why didnt Odo change his form to help with the search?
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
    I really enjoyed this ep but have a few questions:

Why did they cardassians hand over the Orb, i thought the federation was their enemy?
    Why didnt they search for the guy using the Defiants scanners?
    Why didnt Odo change his form to help with the search?
    With the first one, the Cardassians had not entered into their alliance with the Dominion as of Trials and Tribble-ations. They peace treaty with Bajor and one of the terms of the treaty was negotiating for the return of the all of the Orbs. Shortly after the episode, Cardassia joined the Dominion, and then the entire political landscape of the Alpha Quadrant was soon in turmoil.

With the second question, it was established in The Way of the Warrior that the Defiant could only use its passive sensors while cloaked. In order to get a more precise reading with their primary sensors, they would have had to decloak. They faced a similar situation in Trials and Tribble-ations.

With the third question, I'd have to re-watch the episode to remember that one. I haven't watched that episode in a pretty long time now. I'll have to change that.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      With the first one, the Cardassians had not entered into their alliance with the Dominion as of Trials and Tribble-ations. They peace treaty with Bajor and one of the terms of the treaty was negotiating for the return of the all of the Orbs. Shortly after the episode, Cardassia joined the Dominion, and then the entire political landscape of the Alpha Quadrant was soon in turmoil.

With the second question, it was established in The Way of the Warrior that the Defiant could only use its passive sensors while cloaked. In order to get a more precise reading with their primary sensors, they would have had to decloak. They faced a similar situation in Trials and Tribble-ations.

With the third question, I'd have to re-watch the episode to remember that one. I haven't watched that episode in a pretty long time now. I'll have to change that.
      Trials was during the period Odo had turned into a Solid by the Founders
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

The episode took place during the Klingon invasion of Cardassia. The Federation was helping the Cardassians rebuild so the Cardassians probably returned the orb as a sign of good faith. It's probably also the reason why the Cardassians didn't try to go after Eddington for poisoning their colony in the DMZ.

Comment

Working...
        X