Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you be buying the season 2.0 and 2.5 DVD/blueray?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you be buying the season 2.0 and 2.5 DVD/blueray?

I would love for the show to continue. So, I'm swallowing my pride and going to buy the overpriced half season Blu-rays in hope of getting a season three.

At least I'll have my season two blu-ray early instead of having to wait for the whole season to be released later next year, if we don't get a season three.

Will you be buying season 2.0 and 2.5 when they're released?

I waited to buy the full season 1, and I'll wait to buy the full season 2. I don't like 1/2 seasons.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

i'll probably be buying the complete season... i dont know if i'll just get the blu ray release or the dvd release as well

Comment

i dont mind the half seasons, if they do a 2.0 i'll get it.

Comment

I'm buying the entire series as soon as it's available. Granted, it's easier for just two seasons, but I've never wanted to own the entire package of show so badly.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I think I will eventually, I plan on watching season 1 and 2 marathon style at some point - I'm always tougher on shows when they are airing in a weekly format than when I can watch them from start to finish in a short period of time.

Virtually every show I can think of I enjoyed more when I could watch the next episode immediately and I predict the same will be true for SGU - not sure if it will bring my enjoyment up to the level of some others though.

Comment

nope i have netflix
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

nope, learned my lesson when I bought Season 1.0.

Comment

I'd probably acquire a complete series set.

Comment

I'm gonna buy all 5 seasons on blu-ray, yes I am being very optimistic. If not I am still buying this season on blu-ray.
                    sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't buy it, knowing right now that the show ends in a cliffhanger.

If they somehow magically reshot the last episode and gave the show an ending...then I might very well buy the complete series set.

Comment

I'll buy 2.0 and 2.5 on DVD (they'll go nicely alongside 1.0 and 1.5). I just want to know when they're going to be released
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                          I'll buy 2.0 and 2.5 on DVD (they'll go nicely alongside 1.0 and 1.5). I just want to know when they're going to be released
                          Same here. I also wonder which would be more beneficial to the prospect of a third season. Buying season 2.0 and 2.5? Or buying the whole season when it's released as a whole season?

Comment

I'm going to buy it on blu-ray. This is the first, and only show that releases in half season I would consider buying/have already bought. The trick is to buy it from the right places and get both of them at the price that adds up to the full season's price. I did that with 1.0 and 1.5 and actually saved about $5 in total when compared to the price of the entire season....and 1.5 came with the "box" to store them in so I didn't miss out on that either.

The best part though of the blu-ray is a couple things actually. Nothing to do with SyFy on the packaging or on screen while watching, extended Air episode and no interruptions. On top of that, having the physical copy (in my opinion) trumps anything else, ie Netflix or Amazon video player because you can watch it wherever whenever you want and aren't limited to having an internet connection to watch it (mind you that doesn't seem to be much of an issue most times anymore)

Has there been any word on 2.0's release?
                            1.0 was released on February 9, 2010
                            Last edited by Brian; 04 January 2011, 02:41 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by dacooker
                            The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Maybe. 2.5 could get really good.

Would rather spend my money of Stargate Atlantis Blu-Rays, though. Or post-season-5-SG-1 Blu-Rays.

They don't want my money, apparently.

Comment

Working...
                              X