Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Letter Media's Revenge of the Sith review is finally out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picards anger was very understandable to me and despite the comparisons between TNG I think the circumstances were quite different.

First Contact was unique in that it once again put him in the position of "assisting" the Borg - they were using his ship and assimilating his crew in order to wipe out humanity. In his subsequent encounters with the Borg in TNG after he had been assimilated this simply was not the case.

Picard doesn't just have a hatred for the Borg, his emotional reaction to them are a result of being helpless to stop them using him. So simply reducing it down to "he met the Borg before and wasn't angry" is just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
      Picards anger was very understandable to me and despite the comparisons between TNG I think the circumstances were quite different.

First Contact was unique in that it once again put him in the position of "assisting" the Borg - they were using his ship and assimilating his crew in order to wipe out humanity. In his subsequent encounters with the Borg in TNG after he had been assimilated this simply was not the case.

Picard doesn't just have a hatred for the Borg, his emotional reaction to them are a result of being helpless to stop them using him. So simply reducing it down to "he met the Borg before and wasn't angry" is just stupid.
      The problem with Picard's anger was that it goes against all his development in TNG. They've never shown Picard to get as rage filled as he was in First Contact not even when he was tortured by the Cardassians or when he mind melded with Sarek.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
        The problem with Picard's anger was that it goes against all his development in TNG. They've never shown Picard to get as rage filled as he was in First Contact not even when he was tortured by the Cardassians or when he mind melded with Sarek.
        That doesn't show incosistency though, all it shows is that his experience with the Borg was much more emotionally traumatic than anything else and his emotional reaction to being used as an unwilling participant in the Borgs plan to kill and assimilate people brings out that reaction like nothing else can.

Comment

Working...
        X