Sam and Dr. Lee should both be blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam and Dr. Lee should both be blind

In the episode in season 10 where they take the planet out of phase, the Ori weapons fire passes right through them. Though as we have seen in previous episodes, anyone under the affect of the phasing technology can see things normally. Wouldn't the blinding light from the Ori beam weapon have blinded Sam and Dr Lee? It passed right on them. For a minute, they should of been seeing nothing but extremely light bright, brighter than anything any human has seen.

I don't think the light intensity of any energy weapons has ever been stated so its impossible to say
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

If they were blind then they could not have a good show...

Comment

the beam was so quick, maybe....maybe they didnt see it for long enough or something?
        sigpic
        Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
        'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
        : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
        I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
        Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
          In the episode in season 10 where they take the planet out of phase, the Ori weapons fire passes right through them. Though as we have seen in previous episodes, anyone under the affect of the phasing technology can see things normally. Wouldn't the blinding light from the Ori beam weapon have blinded Sam and Dr Lee? It passed right on them. For a minute, they should of been seeing nothing but extremely light bright, brighter than anything any human has seen.
          And you know it's exactly that bright... how?
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            And you know it's exactly that bright... how?
            Well, it's a beam. Beam's imply light. A powerful beam would require a powerful light. It's concentrated and passing directly in front of, as well as right through their field of vision, sensory nerves, retinas, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
              Well, it's a beam. Beam's imply light. A powerful beam would require a powerful light. It's concentrated and passing directly in front of, as well as right through their field of vision, sensory nerves, retinas, etc.
              Power doesn't necessarily mean stronger intensity
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
              X