International Juristiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Juristiction

I've just started watching WH13 over the Christmas period, and I've got to say I really do quite enjoy it.

But something is really frustrating me. As operatives of the US government, what right do the agents have to actually acquire and neutralise artifacts that are not on US soil. I was under the impression that the warehouse was designed to protect the American public from potential threats. What right has the organisation to interfere within the affairs of other states? It's not like it's a trans-national organisation like UNIT from Doctor Who...

Anyway, just something that bugs me and I wanted to know other peoples' opinions on this.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

The warehouse goes back to ancient times and has been moved around from various countries depending on which one in power. Its not an American organization just has seeped its way into many goverment organizations because of its advanced age.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      The warehouse goes back to ancient times and has been moved around from various countries depending on which one in power. Its not an American organization just has seeped its way into many goverment organizations because of its advanced age.
      Ahhh. Information I am yet to uncover. So the Agents are actually wrong when they say they're still part of the US government...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        Ahhh. Information I am yet to uncover. So the Agents are actually wrong when they say they're still part of the US government...
        No they are US Secret Service agents but the Warehouse is not part of the government.
        Jelgate is right

Comment

No they are US Secret Service agents but the Warehouse is not part of the government.
          Surely then there's a conflict of interests? As US agents, they swear primary allegiance to the President, and now they take orders from someone who, in theory, can override him...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Surely then there's a conflict of interests? As US agents, they swear primary allegiance to the President, and now they take orders from someone who, in theory, can override him...
            Former US Secret Service.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Here's the history of the Warehouse up to Warehouse 13 - Warehouse history

As far as I know Pete & Myka are still part of the Secret Service, just not the part that protects the president (see Season 1, episode 7: Implosion). Since they're not allowed to tell anyone, not even their former boss, Dickenson, about what they're doing now, they told the two agents under Dickenson (in Implosion) that they work for an "archival" section of the Secret Service.

So my guess is that they are still part of the Secret Service that very few know about because of the nature of the artifacts/artefacts and that they work with all other governments. My guess is that there might be a Regent from every country that works with or has had possession of the Warehouse at some point.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Its possible but its not something the show will ever tackle. W13 has never really been a serious show.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Its possible but its not something the show will ever tackle. W13 has never really been a serious show.
                  I'd noticed that.

And cheers guys for the info.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X