Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcatraz (FOX) - News/Discussion/Speculation/Predictions SPOILERS

Fox picks up Abrams 'Alcatraz' pilot

A new project from JJ Abrams has received a pilot commitment from the Fox network.

Deadline reports that the final script for the pilot was written by former Lost producer Elizabeth Sarnoff. Kyle XY story editors Steven Lilien and Bryan Wyndbrandt also contributed to earlier drafts. Abrams, Sarnoff and Bryan Burk will produce the project, described as "a show about mysteries, secrets and the most infamous prison of all time: Alcatraz".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...raz-pilot.html

Jorge Garcia cast in JJ Abrams's 'Alcatraz'

Jorge Garcia has landed a role in upcoming JJ Abrams series Alcatraz, it has been revealed.

Garcia, who previously worked with Abrams when he played Hugo 'Hurley' Reyes on Lost , has been cast as Dr Diego Soto, the world's foremost expert on the infamous prison off the coast of San Francisco.

Alcatraz follows a group of guards and prisoners who go missing from the island jail when it is still operational and suddenly appear in the present day. According to Deadline, FBI agents are soon hired to hunt them down and unravel the mystery.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...-alcatraz.html

Sarah Jones joins 'Alcatraz' cast

Sarah Jones has been cast as the lead in Alcatraz, the new Fox pilot from producer J.J. Abrams.

TV Guide reports that Jones will play Rebecca Madsen, a police officer who is "smart" but "slightly obsessive".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...traz-cast.html

Coyne, Harner join Abrams's 'Alcatraz'

Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner have joined the cast of upcoming J.J. Abrams Fox pilot Alcatraz.

Deadline reports that Coyne will play the lead role of prison warden Edwin James. The actor recently played a recurring role on Abrams's short-lived NBC spy drama Undercovers and has also appeared in episodes of Merlin and Hotel Babylon.

Harner, who has recently made guest appearances on The Good Wife and CSI, will play the supporting role of E.B. Tiller, another prison warden who "enjoys and abuses his power".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...-alcatraz.html

Sam Neill for 'Alcatraz' pilot

Sam Neill has agreed to star in Alcatraz, the latest television pilot from J.J. Abrams.

The Jurassic Park actor will join the likes of Lost's Jorge Garcia, Sarah Jones and Jonny Coyne, according to Deadline.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...raz-pilot.html

Robert Forester and Parminder Nagra join cast

Two more actors cast in "Alcatraz", Robert Forester and Parminder Nagra.

“E.R” alum Nagra is playing lab technician, Lucy; and old-school coolio Robert Forster (“Alligator”, “Jackie Brown”, “Mulholland Drive”) is playing Ray Archer, a retired detective who is now owner/bartender of a cop hangout bar."

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/12/alc...#ixzz19cd8b92k

Sounds interesting. I may check it out whenever it pops up.
    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Ill watch anything that Abrams made so this is a must see for me as well... especial when Hugo Actor is gonna be in it. Although I have not seen UNDERCOVERS yet, because it was canceled after the first season.
      sigpic

Comment

I liked the two hour Premiere

Comment

I missed it! I thought it was on tonight.

IHS
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
            I missed it! I thought it was on tonight.

IHS
            Hulu has both parts if you are US resident but next week you will have to wait 8 days after the original airdate to view it online
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Still early to tell about the series but last nights premier caught my interest and held it. btw great to see "Hurley", "Carson Beckett" and "Kavanaugh"

Comment

It was an interesting start, and may turn out to be a very good show. It reminds of Brimstone, the worst souls escaping from Hell and the main character having to chase them down. This show also has a supernatural twist to it, we just have to wait and see what kind.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I'm interested enough to be planning to watch next week's episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

Liked it...lets see where it goes...will be watchin next week

Didn't see that sniper scene where Lucy(? think that was her name) got shot coming...well done!

Comment

it was well written, well acted, and well executed, but I felt like something was missing. In some ways, it's a lot like Once Upon A Time, unless Rob's on, and with this show.... To be honest, Journeyman was infinitely better, and the Mars thing with the cop in the past was more intriguing. No, I take that back, Once Upon A Time is more interesting, and Alcatraz is more like Terra Nova, and I can't remember the last episode of Terra Nova I watched.

Comment

I watched the first 2 episodes last night and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to watching it again next week.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed the premier. It shows great promise, though it could also turn into a big mess that's hard to follow. We'll see in the upcoming weeks, I suppose. As a Lostie, I certainly had fun with the tie-ins to Lost. For example, there were many references to "The Island," meaning Alcatraz, but still reminiscent of The Island. Also, a record played at one point. Of course Diego Soto reminds me of Hurley and there's that whole multiple timeline thing. Another thing I noticed: The boat visible at the very beginning, just off the coast of Alcatraz, is named Kelvin, which is also the name of the starship (USS Kelvin) at the beginning of J. J. Abrams' Star Trek movie. Finally, I really enjoyed seeing Paul McGillion in the first episode. It surprised me and made me laugh a little.
                          sigpic
                          Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

I didn't know it was on last night...I might watch it online to see if I like it.
                            sigpic

Comment

I loved this show. It was interesting and able to keep my attention, which is more than I can say for most shows since SGU has been cancelled. Don't get me wrong now, this show still can't even come close to replacing my beloved Stargate franchise.

Comment

Working...
                              X