Solitudes (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    If only there was a way to save your progress...
    I agree -- that thought did cross my mind at one point.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I really like this episode. I don't mind that Carter didn't dial another Stargate. I figure she is human, and as a human, she will make mistakes. Besides, if she did that, they may not have even been aware of a second gate. Plus, we wouldn't have had that surprising ending. I remember the first time that I saw this episode, and didn't catch on until Daniel felt the tremors-- so awesome!

I am not even going to look at the puzzle, it sounds scary.

Comment

Took me 63 minutes to do
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
          I am not even going to look at the puzzle, it sounds scary.
          Took me a little over an hour to finish it.
          It was a challenge.

Also, there are no other jigsaw puzzles that have more than 100 pieces (I think). This was sorta the only one.

Comment

Their are a few.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I should have kept track of that. Darn it.

Comment

Errors:

1. Hammond looks at the second stargate, but the chevrons are lit.
                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x17/06.jpg

2. Dialing sequences are shown on two control monitors in the background, but they are turned off in the next shot:
                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x17/02.jpg
                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x17/03.jpg
                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x17/04.jpg
                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x17/05.jpg
                And they dial Abydos again instead of P4A-771.

O'NEILL: Sara...
                CARTER: I'm here, Jack.
                O'NEILL: Cold, so cold...

He says "Sam" in the Hungarian version. I have checked he says "Sara" in the English version, so he mentions his ex-wife. This was an improvisation of RDA, while the international translation followed the official script, so Sara became Sam.
                Last edited by Platschu; 21 August 2018, 12:20 PM.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  O'NEILL: Sara...
                  CARTER: I'm here, Jack.
                  O'NEILL: Cold, so cold...
                  Looks like I heard right then... thought I didn't.

Comment

I just broke the heart of the S/J shippers. It would be nice to check it in other languages. Has he said Sara or Sam in the Dutch version?
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I just broke the heart of the S/J shippers. It would be nice to check it in other languages. Has he said Sara or Sam in the Dutch version?
                      It is thought that he said "Sara", which makes sense because he hasn't been divorced all that long, and while he likes Sam, it's not at the level where he would call her name in a situation like that. Even Sam knew he said "Sara" because she pretended to be Sara when she said "I'm here, Jack", probably thinking it would comfort him. Many shippers realize this, so you haven't broken many hearts. They wish he had said "Sam", but just isn't realistic in that situation. Even the transcript for the episode has Jack saying "Sara".

I have no idea what the Dutch version was.
                      Last edited by hedwig; 17 September 2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

The Hungarian version has got "Sam", I have just rewatched this scene quickly.

Comment

International TV-series aren't dubbed in Flanders. Everything is subtitled, though I could probably check what it says in the French dubbing and even the Italian one since those are available to me on my DVD's.

Comment

Platschu, I don't know if you consider this an error or not, but when they leave for Antarctica, it's clear they leave in a great hurry, and General Hammond gives no orders other than to tell McMurdo to search the coordinates. Yet when he's giving orders during the rescue, he says security personnel will be arriving "in a few hours". It's a lot more than a few hours from Colorado Springs to Antartica.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Or they already had a team on the way... or does that still contradict the first order? This is confusing.

Comment

Probably they were rescued by the soldiers of the McMurdo base.

Comment

Working...
                                X