• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solitudes (117)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 117

Colonel O'Neill and Captain Carter are separated from Jackson and Teal'c during a Stargate journey, and are trapped on a desolate ice world with no way of escape.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:49 PM.

Great episode. One of my top five of all seasons, perhaps the most rewatchable and a great episode to use to introduce newbies to SG-1 The outtakes from AT from this ep in "The Lowdown" are hilarious.
    Slainte gg
    Last edited by Slainte; 03 May 2004, 04:40 PM.
    Slainte
    "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

I agree this episode is on my top 10 list, and those out takes were great
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

This one frequently floats into my top 10 list depending on my mood. Broken bones, internal bleeding, hypothermia, frustrating searches, desperation... what's not to love. A great episode even with the lack of hat.

Comment

This is my all time favorite SG-1 episode.

It's a team episode, all though the team is working in two separate components.

And we learn so much about Jack in this episode.

Nice touches of humor, some great background, and some nice foreshadowing for the seasons to come.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

And of course the great Jack one-liner about his sidearm! I do like this episode. Carter working so hard to chip away ice from the DHD while trying to keep the Colonel alive - overall grace under extreme pressure. However, when she emerges and looks across the snowfield, she assumes they're on an ice planet. Now, how many times has the team made an assumption about an entire planet based on the location of or people around the gate itself?
            Nmom
            sigpic

Comment

erm.. Every episode where they end up on another planet?
              The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Great episode-----definitely on my top 10 list. Didn't see the answer coming at all until Daniel witnessed the tremor in the SGC.

Say, did anyone out there ever catch any identifying marks on the frozen Jaffa to figure out if he was one of Ra's soldiers?
                There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard-VA
                  Didn't see the answer coming at all
                  If you see the episode on TV sometime, view the Guide Info about the episode, It says something like: 'O'Neill and Carter are trapped in Antarctica'. Talk about spoilers for the episode
                  ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Also there's a little more of O'Niell's backstory as well as the introduction of a second gate, which opens up alot of speculation and possiblities.
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                      If you see the episode on TV sometime, view the Guide Info about the episode, It says something like: 'O'Neill and Carter are trapped in Antarctica'. Talk about spoilers for the episode
                      Yeah, the episode summaries on TV definitely spoil the endings for many shows. I was actually fortunate because I didn't start watching SG-1 until the DVDs came out. I had seen a few episodes here and there (maybe 4 or 5) but none of them from the first season. After buying season one, I started watching on a Friday night, got completely addicted by the sixth episode and wound up watching the entire first season by the end of the weekend! No commercials, no previews, no spoilers. That was a GOOD weekend! Started going through withdrawal symptoms waiting to get season two, however!
                      There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

Now, how many times has the team made an assumption about an entire planet based on the location of or people around the gate itself?
                        Nothing wrong with that. As we all know all planets except Earth are only about 40 square miles in size. Earth is just unusually large.
                        Games 'n Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                          Puh-leese! That for real? Channel 4 introduced the ep as 'The Ice Planet'
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

There was one thing I didn't get about this episode......

If dialling Earth on the second gate didn't work then why didn't Carter simply try another address? To be sure that it wasn't just Earth that couldn't be gated to?
                            "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Scientists are generally trained to ASSUME that if one thing doesn't work, other similar things won't work. Also, O'Neill was in need of medical attention, I'm not at all sure that Carter could have moved him through the gate more than once.

Comment

Working...
                              X