No announcement yet.

Solitudes (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I agree they were rescued by McMurdo personnel, but where were the personnel that General Hammond said would arrive to secure the site going to come from? He certainly made it sound as if they would be SGC personnel.

He must have been quite busy on the way to the Antarctic.

I've also wondered about telling a sergeant to call McMurdo and give them orders. What's he supposed to say, "I'm Master Sergeant Harriman and General Hammond says to search these coordinates."? I can just imagine the reaction.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
      I've also wondered about telling a sergeant to call McMurdo and give them orders. What's he supposed to say, "I'm Master Sergeant Harriman and General Hammond says to search these coordinates."? I can just imagine the reaction.
      Probably something about lost marbles... or some other.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Probably they were rescued by the soldiers of the McMurdo base.
        Make that a definite. They would have been given the location from the SGC and a team would have been sent from McMurdo to find and rescue them. My only thing is to wonder how General Hammond, Daniel and Teal'c got there so fast. It would have been something like a 10-12 hour flight from whatever military airport was near Cheyenne Mountain, and by then the McMurdo rescue team should have found Jack and Sam and had them safely back at McMurdo.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          Yes, I agree they were rescued by McMurdo personnel, but where were the personnel that General Hammond said would arrive to secure the site going to come from? He certainly made it sound as if they would be SGC personnel.

He must have been quite busy on the way to the Antarctic.

Seaboe
          They probably flew in on one of those huge C-130's or whatever designation those Globemasters have. The personnel to secure the site likely came with Hammond, Daniel and Teal'c and then were taken to the site by the McMurdo team. From things I've been reading that involve McMurdo, they have an airstrip big and long enough to accommodate a plane that big in landing.

The orders to McMurdo may have come from a higher authority than Walter so that it would be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            The orders to McMurdo may have come from a higher authority than Walter so that it would be taken seriously.
            In real life, it would have had to. But the scene in the briefing room ends with Gen'l Hammond telling Walter to call McMurdo and start the search.

Seaboe.
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

And I saw that puzzle and I was like "nope".
              Still the best reaction to the monster of a jigsaw puzzle for this episode.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My only thought for this one is that today’s young people wouldn’t know the answer to Daniel’s question , “ What happens when you dial your own phone number?”

Comment

Working...
                X