Solitudes (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by girlgater
    I have a question...what name did O'Neill say as Carter lay by his side towards the end of the episode? It sounded like Sarah, but I wasn't sure and didn't tape it last night.
    Sara. The name of his ex-wife.

Comment

I also believe he call Carter, Sam, at one point in the episode. It was when he ordered her to go topside.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation on Sara.
        -girlgater

Comment

Unless, apparently, you are watching it dubbed into Spanish. When he says "Sam"

*sits on hands determined not to mention the thing about this ep*

I watched most of it the other day - but the more I see of Atlantis, and the more I see of the latter S7 and early S8 eps of Stargate I hate this ep more and more.

Even without the thing.
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Com'n MC.... mention the thing. Share with us the thing. I think I may remember what you said about the thing. But now I'm not sure.

Com'n.... spill the beans!
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
              Com'n MC.... mention the thing. Share with us the thing. I think I may remember what you said about the thing. But now I'm not sure.

Com'n.... spill the beans!
              don't tempt me.
              I have given up talking about the thing for a New Year's Resolution.
              so there.
              *sits on hands*

oh but... my sig is still there

sigpic

Comment

sits on hats?

Comment

MC, don't ever watch The Day After Tomorrow. Hats and gloves are abandoned with... abandon.

Madeleine

Comment

Definitely up there as one of my all time favourite episodes, this one. It just has it all. Great tension and plot, nice twist, some terrific humour, team action, S/J...I could do with more of these 'two people in a room' episodes. Like Tangent, too. Especially when they're written as well as this.

I've seen the 'why didn't Sam trying dialling something other than Earth' question many times, but have to say that that's something that never really struck me as particularly puzzling. I mean, come on, give the woman a break here. She's exhausted, freezing...how well would your brain work in an extreme chill factor and when you've been awake for as many hours straight as Sam has? I think it's amazing she was as compost mental (as my husband would say) as she was!

I think that she was barely hanging on, fogged with exhaustion, and was barely able to manage focusing on one thing. That one thing - dialling home - took on so much importance it became like tunnel vision, shutting out everything else. When you're about to die, when you're body is shutting down and fighting to remain awake and alert, getting home becomes the paramount survival thought in your head. Especially when you feel duty bound to get a wounded and dying superior officer whose fate you feel responsible for back home safe too. That single thought - home - must just have kept pulsing on in there in Sam's head, I'd reckon.

So it's never been a problem for me, this one. It's always seemed perfectly logical and human that Sam wouldn't think of dialling somewhere else in those circumstances. She's not a machine. Just human like the rest of us.

I feel for you on those spoilers! I love watching the trailers on the DVDs (or I did until SciFi took over and did those terrible ones), but boy I don't know how you put up with them spoiling episodes. They seem to do it with extreme regularity. Like the one for Double Jeopardy which focused on the fact that SG1 were going to have to help their robot doubles. Completely destroying the element of surprise since we aren't made aware they are robot doubles and not our SG1 until halfway through the episode. Gits.
                    Albion
                    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

The "sidearm" comment has fuelled many a fanfic.
                      YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                        This is my all time favorite SG-1 episode.

It's a team episode, all though the team is working in two separate components.

And we learn so much about Jack in this episode.

Nice touches of humor, some great background, and some nice foreshadowing for the seasons to come.

Morjana
                        I love Sam's compassion when she comes to terms with the fact that they'll both die from exposure - so she responds to him as though she were Sara, giving him comfort and letting him know he wasn't alone and that their ordeal would soon be over...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

What if the telephone question went like this:

DJ asked Teal'c about the telephone.
                          DJ: Wrong person to ask. (Turns to Hammond) What happens when you dial your own cellphone number?
                          Hammond: You need to put in your password.
                          DJ, looking congused: Let me rephase that. What happens when you dial your own phone number at home?
                          Hammond: You get a busy signal.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            I love Sam's compassion when she comes to terms with the fact that they'll both die from exposure - so she responds to him as though she were Sara, giving him comfort and letting him know he wasn't alone and that their ordeal would soon be over...
                            you know I like an awful lot about this ep. Not least the desperation as Daniel and Teal'c (and Hammond) try to work out what happened to Sam & Jack.

However, they would die a lot slower if...

no... I can't mention the thing.

sigpic

Comment

Just saw this ep (going through all the eps on DVD so i can catch up). I didn't know they were on Antartica before hand but figured it out right away cause i knew there was a gate from Anartica from many later eps. Thats one thing that really sucks about not starting with a series from the beginning, you have alot of things spoiled for you.

Loved this ep despite me knowing. Great interaction between Sam and Jack (bet Sam/Jack shippers loved this ep). I love Jack and his remarks "It's my sidearm i swear."

The only question i have about this ep is: Whats the thing?

Comment

Hats, if they wore Hats they would die slower.

But I disagree. They were coming from a HOT planet (evidence: The planet was reddish), the hats probably had built in cooling!
                                FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Working...
                                X