This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they have to end it fast...

Let's say the show doesn't get renewed, but MGM is willing to commit one movie (DVD release) to wrap up the show. That means the talent behind the show would have to end the story quickly with 90-100 minutes in the movie format. I was thinking... if they had to end it fast and permanently, they could go the simple route. If it were up to me, I'd just have the Destiny crash on an Earth-like planet with the crew forced to call this new world home. There would still be Stargates, thus there would be that hope that one day... maybe... they encounter someone out there with the means to get them home. Until then... they have a colony to build. Simple ending!

So... if you had to slap together a quick ending for a short movie (short due to small budget), how would you end it?

If there's a thread on this, I didn't see it.

Destiny heads into a star. Shields fail. Everyone dies. Yay.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

they figure out how to dial Earth from a sun or from the seed ship's power, they decide to go home. the end. I just want to see the crew walk through the gate back to earth into either atlantis or sgc.

Comment

rush walking around the ship talking to a kino telling the story of how the crew got home
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          rush walking around the ship talking to a kino telling the story of how the crew got home
          Hmm, not bad. Have some green.
          sigpic

Comment

They complete the mission. Would much prefer that than them finding a way home without doing so.

Comment

any SGU movie would have to adress the big giant story arc that is the background radiation message...

given the fact that SGU is not very succesfull, why not kill of as many characters as possible while still satisfactorily wrapping up the main story?
              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                any SGU movie would have to adress the big giant story arc that is the background radiation message...
                In doing so, the movie may flop, because people who didn't follow the show will have no idea what is going on. The movie would have to both wrap up the show and be accessible to those who did not watch the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  In doing so, the movie may flop, because people who didn't follow the show will have no idea what is going on. The movie would have to both wrap up the show and be accessible to those who did not watch the show.
                  AoT wasn't, it wrapped up a 2 year arc. They could include a prelude on the DVD as they did with AoT to get randoms up to speed.

Comment

There's no need to follow the show to know about the background radiation or not, we practically know nothing about it yet and we watch the show already. A casual viewers may not even know what a stargate is. For him what is important is to define what is going on in the movie. A group of human lost far away from earth's galaxy in a spaceship built by another ancient race in search of some background radiation while wanting to get back to earth at the same time. That's basically the type of premise of any sci-fi movies.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I'm not saying the background radiation plot can't be used in the movie. I'm merely suggesting that it be reintroduced. The Ark of Truth was aimed more at those who watched the final two years of SG-1. Continuum aimed for a broader audience with it's simple story of an alien trying to rewrite history. The show had a strong audience, so I interpret the two movies as a thank you from MGM. My question is... if MGM did one SGU movie, would it play out more like The Ark of Truth or Continuum?

Comment

I'm not saying the background radiation plot can't be used in the movie. I'm merely suggesting that it be reintroduced. The Ark of Truth was aimed more at those who watched the final two years of SG-1. Continuum aimed for a broader audience with it's simple story of an alien trying to rewrite history. The show had a strong audience, so I interpret the two movies as a thank you from MGM. My question is... if MGM did one SGU movie, would it play out more like The Ark of Truth or Continuum?
                        I would disagree with that. If you did not understand the history of the Ba'al arc you would be lost in Continuum
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I found it pretty simple. Ba'al is a man with an alien snake in his head. In the past, he cloned himself so no one could ever get to the "real" Ba'al. The real Ba'al goes back in time to restore his people's empire. The military team has a duty to restore the proper timeline. What's not to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post

given the fact that SGU is not very succesfull, why not kill of as many characters as possible while still satisfactorily wrapping up the main story?
                            Amen! That would be a very sad, fitting ending to SGU! But I think it would be best wrapped up in 2 or 3 movies if they needed to go that way. We will prob only get one tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                              ...I think it would be best wrapped up in 2 or 3 movies if they needed to go that way.
                              Generally, movie studios don't think that far ahead. If the first movie is a success, then there may be a sequel. If that is a success, then there will be a third, and so on. When a movie gets two-plus sequels guaranteed, it's usually because the movie is based on a very popular source such as a book or television series. SGU obviously wasn't that popular. If we get a movie at all, that will be a big deal. I wouldn't expect more than one, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X